Ten

Kitty Cat Kai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to thank you all very much for your kind words. I've received a lot of support, and have decided to continue on the story. ^^

------------------------

 

“Kai! Kai get up already!” I exclaimed with exasperation as I shook the cat back and forth. “You’ve been sleeping for so long you lazy cat!”

“Mina, I’m tired,” Kai whined childishly as he tugged the blanket over his head. “Just go without me, I want to sleep!” He wildly flung his limbs under the blanket, as if to prove his point on how completely exhausted he was.

I stopped my attempts to get the cat out of bed and stared down at the covered figure. “Okay, then I really am going to go on my own, okay? I’m telling you right now, so don’t you dare whine about it when I come back in a few hours. You’re the one who told me to go by myself, remember that.”

“Okaaay!” Kai exclaimed back as he curled his legs upwards into a fetal position. “Just be quiet and leave already!”

“Damned ungrateful cat,” I muttered under my breath as I yanked my bag off the counter top. I slid on my shoes and spared the unmoving figure one last glance over my shoulder.

Kai flung the blanket off of his face once he heard the click of the shutting door. He jolted upright, and stared at the closed door with his bottom lip tucked into his mouth. “Mina?”

When he was met with no response, he flung the covers off his body and shot over to the front door in the speed of light. He yanked opened the door and flew out of the room, completely forgetting about putting on shoes, or a shirt for that matter.

He was yanked backwards by a strong grip on his wrist, and spun happily around at the familiar touch. “Mina! You didn’t leave me!”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I stared at the stupid cat. “Do you really think that I would let you stay home alone the entire day without food?”

“You’re so nice, Mina, you wouldn’t let me starve!” Kai grinned happily as he engulfed me into a tight hug.

“No, stupid,” I scoffed as I pressed my hands against his bare chest to push him away. I refused to let a blush claim my cheeks after the skin to skin contact with his hard chest, and flicked him against the forehead. “You would probably tear my kitchen apart looking for anything to eat, and I do not want to come home having to clean everything up.”

Kai pouted at your words and stared shamefully down at his bare feet like a scolded puppy.

“Now are you going to come with me or what?” I sighed.

Kai’s head darted up with his lips stretched into a joyful smile, the shame he felt just seconds prior already gone. He nodded his head eagerly and took my hand into his as he began to drag me down the hall. I was about to open my mouth to remind him of something until he stopped mid step, his eyes widening in realization.

“It’s about time you remembered,” I scoffed as I tapped my foot impatiently.

Kai gave me a sheepish smile as he held up a finger, telling me to give him a minute. He disappeared back into my room to put on what I hoped was some proper clothing. The door opened just seconds later, and I frowned at the short amount of time he used. Did he just grab anything to put on?

I sighed in frustration when he came back out looking the same way he had when he had gone in, except this time with a small shiny object in hand.

“I didn’t forget,” Kai grinned proudly as he tucked the small key into the hole to lock the door. He slipped the metal into his pocket and patted it happily as he made his way back over to me. “Aren’t I good?”

I rolled my eyes and smacked him across the head.

“Mina!” Kai protested in absolute shock. He put both hands on his head and cowered away from me with his bottom lip jutted out in a pout. “B-But… but I remembered!”

“And what else did you forget?” I sighed as I crossed my arms.

Kai’s lip jutted out even farther as he stared at me, his eyes slipping into puppy dog eyes as a way to coax me into telling him what he had forgotten. I sighed dramatically and pointed at his chest before lowering my finger to his bare toes.

He followed my finger and gazed at his toes, wiggling them for an extra effect. His mouth shaped into an O, and he grinned sheepishly up at me as he held up a finger once again. He thought about it for a few seconds, and quickly raised two more fingers to signal that he would need three minutes to get properly dressed.

He gave me quick peck on the cheek to soothe my irritation before dashing back into the apartment room. Right when the door of my room closed, the one next door opened. Sehun popped his head out with a toothbrush in hand and his mouth covered in foam.

“Why are you making so much noise in the morning? You’re going to get complaints again, and then I’m going to be pulled in,” Sehun complained as he continued to brush his teeth.

“Kai is being annoying, and so are you,” I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. “Go back inside and wash yourself like a proper human being, would you?”

“So mean,” Sehun pouted before he disappeared back into his room.

Kai bounded out of my room the second Sehun’s door closed, and he made a big show of pulling the key out of his pocket to relock the door before shuffling over to me. He had his head hung in shame, and he snuck small peeks to gauge my irritation level.

I let out a quiet sigh and stretched upward to shuffle the cat’s hair affectionately. “Thank you for remembering to lock the door, Kai.”

“You’re welcome, Mina! See, I didn’t forget! I might have forgotten about putting clothes on but you can’t blame me because clothes are icky, but I didn’t forget about the door! I’ll never forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter