1

On Rainy Days

"Let's meet up tomorrow, ne?" Son Dongwoon asked his girlfriend on the phone.

"Tomorrow? I... err-" the voice seemed hesitant.

"Ah, if you're busy, gwaenchanha. Maybe next time," Dongwoon cut her words as if understanding her problems.

"Ah, okay oppa, I gotta go-" the voice said cheerfully and before Dongwoon could say anything, the girlfriend, Haewon already hung up. Dongwoon sighed. They haven't met in a few weeks now but Haewon kept avoiding him. He walked to the sofa and threw himself on it.

"What are you gonna do with her?" a voice asked. It was Junhyung, one of his housemates. Dongwoon just shook his head. "You need to do something, man. You saw with your own eyes she's with another man."

"I don't know hyung. I'll settle it myself. I'm going to sleep, good night," Dongwoon walked to his room while his hyung just watched and sighed.

***

Hyunseung had prepared light breakfast for the six before going to work. All five of them had sat on their respective seats except Dongwoon who was still showering. As usual, the two shorties, Gikwang and Yoseob would always bickers.

"Yah! Why does he have two omelletes and I have one?" Yoseob pointed to the said's plate. Gikwang widen his eyes, protesting Yoseob.

"Yah! I work harder than you, so I got two. Haha~" Gikwang showed his eye-smile. But before anyone could speak up, Dujun openned his mouth.

"Aish~ you two, stop it! Seobie, you can have my omellete, settle!" the eldest said while transferring his omelette to Yoseob's plate. Guess he should make himself another omelette then...

"Ah, Dongwoon-ah, there's your breakfast," Hyunseung offered Dongwoon who came out from his room. The maknae sat quietly on his chair. Since Haewon avoide him, he kept himself low, not as his usual hype nature. The breakfast had went unnaturally quiet because of the tense Dongwoon had made up. The boy stood up and washed his dishes before going to the door.

"I'm out~" the maknae said to the others, "to the park," he continued as soon as he saw Dujun's anxious face. He knew if he goes out for too long, the oldest would search him high and low like a dad who lost his kid.

"Kay, don't go for too long..." Dujun advised.

"Arasso~"

***

Dongwoon walked slowly at the park, not knowing what to do. His black hair waved swiftly by the wind, his bangs flew softly through the winds. The sunglasses that he wore was slid on his shirt. He found a bench and sat there, thinking of his relationship that may not last even for another week. If, if they were to end the relationship, he'd want to end in a good way.

As he was staring at the park, a figure-scratch that- two figures caught his attention. He really didn't want to see this once more but... He sighed again. He reached for his phone and dialled Haewon.

"Hello,"

"Ah, Haewon-ah. Where are you?"

"Ah... I'm out... with a friend,"

"Oh~ Arasso... bye,"

"Bye~"

Dongwoon did not even know what to say. He felt a mixed feeling of anger, sad, frustration and heartbreak that result to tears in his eyes. He held it and decided that it was best to end it faster. He steadily walked towards the couple who was busy eating icecreams together. He steadied his breathing before openning his mouth.

"Haewon-ah..." the girl turned around and her eyes openned wide.

"O-oppa... What..." she stuttered in her words but the words failed to come out.

"Who's this?" the boy beside Haewon asked, still holding the icecream

"Me? I'm her boyfriend. I'm sure you are, too..." Dongwoon managed a smirk and pulled Haewon by the wrist and stopped under a big tree. "Why are you doing this to me, Haewon-ah?" the handsome boy asked. The girl just hung her head low.

"You... should've just told me that you're sick of me! Not by cheating on me. You know I love you and I'd do anything for you, even if you're not with me anymore...." his voice trailed off. Suddenly, light raindrops started to trickle on their heads but Dongwoon did not care. Instead, he continued to talk.

"Haewon-ah,"he called the girl softly. Haewon raised her head slowly, staring at the handsome, perfect face.

"If you want it, then I'll do it. Let's go our separate ways," after he said it. The light trickling raindrops transformed into a heavy rain. Was the rain mocking him? Partying for his broken, sorrowful heart? It really hurt his heart because it's raining... what's with rainy days? Rainy days was their- or to be exact, Haewon's favourite moment. Rain also welcomed their relationship and rain also witnessed them breaking up. Dongwoon continued, "Huh... you must be happy... getting your freedom under your favourite moment. Well, Im Haewon.. I guess this is goodbye~" Dongwoon ended the relationship with a simple peck on her soft, wet cheeks. He turned around and walked away. Haewon had not said a single word in the conversation. It was as if the boy was insanely talking to the air, how desperately Dongwoon wanted her to say something. How he hoped Haewon would defend and deny everything he said and say 'dont go' to him. It would've been great even if it was a lie.... He really wanted to take back his words... but he knew it was not going to happen.

But, at least she cried. That was what he thought although he himself did not know what those tears meant. For the sake of their happiness, he swore to himself that he would never never ever meet up  with the girl again, a coincidence or not.

***

A few months had passed. Everyday felt normal. He was back to his old self.... hyper. He was able to forget his so-called first love, Im Haewon. She never really bugged his mind anymore except.... ecxept when it rained. Every single time it rained, the memories of him with Haewon would pop out of nowhere, reminding him of the breakup. Now, he couldn't bother less because he got so used to it. He knew well he can't get the memories off as he- without doubt- knew that rainy days was once his and Haewon's favourite time.

~END~

 

A/N: Hope y'all like it... hehe..