Relief

A Long Overdued Confession

KEY POV

 

I looked up from where I was sniffling with Taemin. It had felt good to cry out my worries with someone equally worried. Our manager hyung had entered the room. All eyes turned to him. This was what we had been waiting for. I gripped Taemin's hands tightly and looked up at the manager.

"Has there been any word, hyung?" Minho asked.

"Sit down all of you." He replied and so we all gathered and sat. "Apparently he crashed his car into a tree trying to avoid another car that had been swaying in and out of lane. It was assumed that the driver had been DUI."

"How?" I squeaked and then cleared my throat. "How bad was it?" I gripped Taemin's hands tighter.

"Well that is where I can give you good news atleast." Manager hyung replied and I felt a spark of hope. "He only suffered some mild bruises and a broken nose. The later a result of the airbag suddenly popping up. The doctors said it could have been worse but by God's grace Jonghyun is going to be alright."

It was as if all the bones in my body had been turned to mush as I slid off my chair and would've probably ended up in a bunble on the floor had it no been for Taemin holding me up. "Hyung," He said quietly. "Jonghyun hyung is going to be ok you heard what manager hyung said."

And then the water works started again. Kai and Taemin huddled around me as I cried soundlessly but in relief this time. I faintly wondered if my tear duct would run out tears.

Onew hyung turned to our manager and asked,"Can we see him?"

The manager shook his head and said, "He's gonna be going into surgery in a few seconds for his nose."

"Ohh.. They're doing the surgery right now?" Minho asked.

So Jonghyun hyung will be having his nose reconstructed. I was glad it was just his nose and nothing else. I was happy that he was fine. Just his nose. Dear God but it could've been worse. But it wasn't and that's all that mattered. My dino was fine and he's gonna have his new nose. New nose. Something about that made me smile. A dino with a new nose. And then I begun snickering.

"Hyung?" Taemin and Kai said at the same time. Like twins. Maybe they were twins. Long lost twins. "hyung?"

And now I was laughing out right. Now six worried faces were staring at me. I tried to pull myself together before they decide to haul me off to a funny farm. If they were to do that I wouldn't get to see my Jonghyunie. I burst out into another peal of laughter but then the thought of never seeing Jonghyun hyung again sobered me in a hurry. The situation today could've been a situation as such. And it was that grave thought that brought on my water works again. Now I was bawling my eyes out in the maknae's arms. He rubbed his arms soothngly over my back while Kai rubbed my arm. Let me tell although it was meant to calm it really just make you wanna let out your tears more. Someone roughly yanked my arm and the next thing i know I was being shaken roughly by Minho.

"Snap the hell outta this!" he bit roughly. "Can't you see what you're doing to yourself? Do you have any idea how look right now?"

I could only stare at him with my watery gaze. Suddenly a mirror was shoved into my hand. From whence it came, only Minho knows. "Here." He said in slight disgust "Look at yourself."

Weakly I obeyed and got quite a shock. Who was that person that was staring back at me? My hair was unkempt, my eyes swollen and red and my face tear stained and aged. Dear God it was terrible. Maybe I would be in need of surgery after they were finish with Jonghyun hyung. I touch my face in disbelief and then my anger flared. This was all his fault! How dare he make me suffer like this!

"I doubt we'd be able to see Jonghyun at all until tomorrow." Manager hyung said looking around at us. "Why don't you guys go home? The hospital promised to call us as soon as he is conscious after his surgery."

"Yes, that would be for the best I think hyung." Onew hyung said and then turned to us. "Let's go guys. We can comeback tomorrow."

"NO!" I said slamming the mirror down onto the chair and everyone of them stared at me with wide eyes. "I'M NOT LEAVING."

"Kibum don't be unreasonable. There's nothing you can do here and if you stay you might only harm health." The manager hyung said speaking patiently as if he was speaking to a child.

"Let's go home Key. It's almost 6PM and we hadn't even had lunch much less dinner. Be reasonable. You getting sick wouldn't benefit anybody and will only harm yourself." Minho said to me in the same tone as the manager.

"NO! I'm staying and that's that!" I stated firmly glaring at them.

"Key---" Onew hyung began but a smaller voice cut him off.

"Hyung, I'll stay with you." Taemin said quietly.

"TAEMIN!!"

"Thank you Taemin but you really don't have to." I replied touched by the maknae.

He smiled. "I want to."

I nodded and turned to the others. "Well looks like everything is settled. Excuse me for i desire to wash my face."

I got up and began walking away when the whole world did a 360 degrees spin on me and then I fainted.