Oppa!!!

We're Not 12 Anymore; We're 13!

Previous chapter:

Kris swore he almost got a heart attack. “Who the hell says I’m thinking about Hyunjae?!”

 

Right on time, Baekhyun projected a picture of Hyunjae pecking Kris on the cheek on the wall, using his light powers. His necklace glowed as he snapped his fingers and the picture appeared on the wall.

 

“OOHHHHHH!!”

 

Kris looked straight ahead to see all 11 of the EXO members gathered by the door staring at the picture.

 

“Oh my god, someone help me.” Kris muttered, facepalming himself.

 

He walked into the boys dorm room himself as the rest of the members continued to marvel over the picture.

 

Chapter 11:

What did I do yesterday...What was I thinking yesterday...

 

She shook her head to herself...

 

I did NOT do that yesterday...

 

And then faced reality.

 

How do I face him now...?

 

Hyunjae quietly pondered how to deal with what she did to Kris yesterday as she walked down the hallway and arrived at Youngmin’s office. It was only six in the morning, and Hyunjae was already up and running. She knocked on the door.

 

“Come in, Hyunjae!” Youngmin shouted from inside.

 

Hyunjae sighed. I’m never going to get used to his powers at this rate...

 

She opened the door and walked in, immediately shielding her thoughts from Youngmin. Youngmin sat by his desk, reading through some papers and drinking a cup of coffee. He looked up and met eyes with Hyunjae. His eyes twinkled.

 

“Good morning.” He said, smiling at Hyunjae.

 

Hyunjae stared at him. Something seemed a bit off about his expression. Like he knew something he wasn’t supposed to know.

 

“Good...morning...?” She hesitated.  

 

He laughed.

 

“Maybe you should consider shielding your thoughts from the moment you enter this hallway, if you didn’t want me to know about them?”

 

He spun around in his chair and got up, an envelope in hand.

 

“After all, I know you’re worried about what you did to Kris yesterday. Seemed a bit rushed, you think?” He commented.

 

Hyunjae’s eyes widened for a second, letting her mind guard down. Was there always a love-ban contract for trainees in SM? I don’t exactly remember...Wait. Why am I even thinking about that? We’re not together...yet?

 

“No, there’s no love-ban contract...well, there is. But, I’ll give you an exception. After all, you finally came back and there’s no saying a contract will bind you here.” Youngmin said honestly. “Besides, I’m sure a part of the reason you came back was somehow related to him, right?”

 

Hyunjae bit her lip. No use in lying, right?

 

“I’m hurt you would even think about lying, Jae.” Youngmin said with a hurt expression, clutching onto his chest.

 

Hyunjae puffed up her cheeks. It was hard enough to talk about this to Youngmin, but it was for sure, even harder to decipher between Youngmin’s acting and Youngmin’s reality.

 

“It’d be nice if you identified whether or not you were acting, you know.”

 

“That wouldn’t make it any fun, would it?” Youngmin laughed and gave her a wink.

 

Hyunjae pouted.

 

“Okay, no more jokes.” Youngmin leaned back in his chair. “You can go visit him on one condition.”

 

Hyunjae looked at Youngmin expectantly. She had already somewhat adjusted to Youngmin reading her mind at the moment, and at this point, Youngmin knew what she wanted from the moment she stepped into his office.

 

“You have to get back in time for your trainee class which starts at about...” He checked his watch. “At about 8:30. The latest you should arrive is around 8:45. Actually, well...never mind. He wouldn’t want me to tell you....but anyway, Tablo’s coming over here right now, so you won’t have to go to the YG building to find him.”

 

Hyunjae blinked. Did she hear him correctly?

 

“E-ehhhhh....?!” She exclaimed. “W-where?”

 

“You don’t feel his presence..?” Youngmin looked at her weirdly. “Close your eyes and focus on the surroundings near you.”

 

Hyunjae looked at Youngmin, doubtful that she’d feel anything, but she followed his instructions anyway.

 

I don’t really feel anything...

 

Then focus harder. Even I can feel something after looking at your thoughts!

 

Hyunjae paused her focus to give Youngmin an annoyed look. Youngmin returned it, and Hyunjae gave up before trying again. This time, she happened to see something.

 

I can feel...some type of warmth by where Youngmin is sitting...This is weird...I haven’t felt anything like this before...There’s a small light glow from where Youngmin is.

 

She tried to focus harder, desperate to see where Tablo was, and her eyebrows furrowed in the process. Suddenly, she felt what seemed like another warm presence in the hallway leading towards the office. It was moving at a steady pace. She somehow could feel for certain, that it was who she wanted to meet. Youngmin cleared his throat and interrupted Hyunjae’s thinking.

 

“That’s another pretty impressive thing about your power,” He commented. “Keep training it, and you’ll be able to feel the presences without even having to close your eyes and think about it.”

 

“You...you know what the ability of my powers do?” Hyunjae asked dumbfounded.

 

“I’m not the CEO for nothing, Hyunjae-ah. I’m not only a normal fatherly figure and CEO in name, you know.” He commented sarcastically. He then glanced towards the door. “He should be here in soon...

 

in

 

3...

 

2...

 

1.”

 

The door swung open, revealing the most welcoming and familiar face Hyunjae missed the most in her years living back in Guangzhou.

 

“O...oppa!” Hyunjae’s eyes widened.

 

She quickly rushed towards the man and hugged him as hard as she could. The man, with open arms, hugged Hyunjae back, eyes unmistakably moist from the meeting. Youngmin, being the person he is, interrupted the emotional moment.

 

“I know you didn’t get to meet him for the past few years, so I’m letting you off the hook this time. Only this time though. Got it?” Youngmin pointed out. “If you’re late to your trainee class today, you’re gonna be in a lot of hot water. I already slacked 15 minutes off of the time you’re supposed to be there!”

 

Hyunjae smiled, hearing Youngmin bring out his fatherly instinct.

 

“Got it.”

 

“Then why are you both still standing there? You’ve only got two hours and thirty minutes to waste!”

 

The man looked at Youngmin with an eyebrow raised. “You didn’t tell her about...the class?”

 

Youngmin smiled, before sending him a thought.

 

I wanted to make it a surprise, of course.

 

The man laughed in understanding, and put an arm around Hyunjae.

 

“We’ll be back in time, so I’ll see you later, hyung!”

 

Youngmin waved both of them off, and the two left the office happily. Hyunjae could feel the anticipation tingling through her fingers as she left with oppa right next to her. You couldn’t blame her though. After all, after four years, it was about time she arranged to meet Tablo. Yes, of course, her closest oppa was the one and only, Epik High’s Tablo.

 

~*~

A/N:

What what what. Her closest oppa was Tablo?! xD Stay tuned for her two hours and 30 minutes out with Tablo, and of course, the trainee class in which she will be introduced to the other trainees for the first time! I wonder if she’ll meet anyone familiar there...and I wonder what Seungyeon thinks about her acquaintances? ;)

This is only an unedited filler chapter (because I'm really trying to find time to work on the next chapter in detail), so I'm sorry if it's kinda short xD Be prepared for the next one :3 ^^ Welcome to all new subbies!