Chapter 7

Just A Dream

Okay guys... I know this is early, but i will not be anywhere around my computer for the next few days. So, as always instead of being late; I am early. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you next week. Also i would like to thank everybody who commented on the last chapter. They really made my day. so thank you.

Chapter seven

Nobody’s (mine) POV

**************************************************************************************************************

Young Saeng was once again at the window; nobody knew why he kept doing this. At three weeks into this nightmare, it was becoming painfully clear, that nobody was coming to help them. There was this unbearable tension, every time the guys would come near him; ever since he woke up, he has not said a word to anybody, his eating became very minimal, and nobody could even ask him why in fear he would lash out; like he did when he woke up and found Hyun Joong on top of him. Everybody has woken up to the sound of Hyun Joong’s yelp in pain.

By the time the lamp was , young Saeng was already by the window, and Hyun Joong was nursing a busted lips and a sore jaw. Kyu Jong had to fix it seeing as how Young Saeng was the one who did it, it would just be awkward to have him fix the lip he busted. But too much of the other three guys surprise, was that Hyun Joong wasn’t angry with Young Saeng, he was actually the only one that would still talk to him, without being scared or nervous to do so. That was until Kyu Jong had finally had enough, if Young Saeng was going to brood about losing his family, then he had every right to do so, but when he hit another person here without reason; then that was when he had gone too far, Kyu Jong approached him with caution, but also with conviction.

“Young Saeng Hyung can we talk?” Young Saeng turned to look at his friend with deadpan eyes.

“What is it Kyu Jong ah?” Kyu Jong took a deep breath in, and steeled himself for this conversation.

“I know that what you saw the last week was pretty traumatic, and I know I have no idea what you are feeling right now; but what you did to Hyun Joong and what you are doing right now… I don’t like it, it is not you. I mean you hit him in the mouth and you don’t talk, you hardly eat, and you stare out the window all day. I know you need some time, but it has been three weeks and the supplies are starting to run low we have maybe three more weeks of food and water, if we start rationing now; but that is it, after that we will start to go hungry. You are our leader, right now we need you to help us think of a plan. Please don’t desert us and stay in your own world.” Once Kyu Jong was finished with his speech, he was surprised that Young Saeng instead of punching him, he smiled.

“Thank you for telling me that, I know it is hard to speak up for you, seeing as your dad never let you. But I haven’t abandoned you all.” Kyu Jong frowned in confusion; which made Young Saeng smiled wider. By then Hyun Joong, Hyung Jun, and Jung Min had made their way over there. They had started to use Young Saeng’s desk chair to push Jung Min around, when he was able to get up from bed.

“The reason I have been staring out the window, is because I know the shortage of food is starting; that is why I have not been eating so much, Jung Min ssi needs to heal, so he needs to not suffer from malnutrition. Since what happened a week ago, I have all but given up on someone saving us. Now I am trying to think of a way to get us out of here. I was thinking maybe it is because we are in the city; that nobody has come to find us. They probably think that the city is lost, and nobody is alive here.”

“Why would you think that?” Hyung Jun asked.

“Because it is the reason I have been at the window all these weeks. When everybody was asleep and I was on watch, after Hyun Joong ssi and Jung min ssi came to us; I saw a helicopter fly by, and since then I have been waiting for it to return. I am sorry I didn’t tell you, but I just didn’t want you all to get your hopes up on something that might not even come back.” Young Saeng paused and looked everybody to make sure nobody was angry at him; when he found no one he continued.

“Well after what happened last week, I was looking out the window and I saw it again. So I was thinking there must be people still alive, maybe they are even trying to get people out. But the city is over run, by the undead so there is no reason to stop here. So ever since I was been looking to see how we can get out, when we all are able to move. Jung min ssi can stand but he still can’t walk or run at that. It will still be about a month and a half to two months before that will happen. So till then I have tried thinking of a ways to get to the convenient store across the way to get some food.” Once Young Saeng was done, Hyung Jun slowly made his way to him, once he was in front of his friend; he quickly wrapped his arms around him.

 “Thank you, thank you I thought I was losing my friend.  And thank you for including Jung Min into your plans, I can’t leave him behind.” Hyung Jung sobbed in his friends arms. Young Saeng wrapped his arms around the crying boy, and tried ease the boy mind.

“Yah Im not going anywhere I told you all, you are my responsibility I will never let you down.” Kyu Jong started to tear up, and Young Saeng reached out a hand to him; which Kyu gratefully took, all three hugged and tried to get Hyung Jun to stop crying. Once they managed to do so, Young Saeng turned to the two men watching. He cleared his throat and turned to Hyun Joong.

“I’m a… I’m sorry for hitting you the other day, I was not in a good place, but I still should not have taken my anger out on you, and hitting you was uncalled for. I’m sorry.” Hyun Joong smiled and waved it off.

“It’s okay. I knew you were upset, that’s why I still talked you. So, why don’t we all look and see what you have come up with so far on trying to get to the store shall we.” All nodded their head and agreed.

“Well to be honest everything I have come up with so far, is pretty useless. There is just too many of them, we would need a distraction in order for us to make it. But that would mean one of us go out there to lure them away; I just can’t risk it, what if you can’t come back, then you will be stuck there with no food and no weapons.” Young Saeng shook his head; they all knew he would never allow it. All glanced at Hyun Joong who went to the bag of ammo he had when they first arrived.

“Young Saeng ssi can you come here please?” Young Saeng went to where he was at.

“What is it?” Hyun Joong showed him what he had been looking for.

“Grenades..?”

“Yeah I was thinking; you said for your plan to work we need a distraction. Well when Jung Min and I were out on the field, sometimes the other cops would throw a grenade into a bunch of the undead; I noticed that when they did, it made a lot of them go to where the sounds was coming from. Also the reason why we are also quiet is because if we make a lot of noise they will try and come find us. So that must mean they are attracted to noise.” Young Saeng nodded; he was starting to get what Hyun Joong was saying.

“So you’re saying… if we throw one of them somewhere and waited a bit; the undead will go to where the sound was coming from leaving the way to the store open… maybe it will be long enough for us to grab what we need and come back up.”

“Exactly..!” Young Saeng smiled. They finally had a means to distract the undead, which mean they were now able to make a plan work.

“So now that we got that out of the way what is the plan now?” Kyu Jong asked the two.  

“Well now that we got a plan of distraction, then the rest of actually pretty simple. I was thinking… that is if you want to come along, is that Hyun Joong and I will go down, once we deem that it is okay;  and go and get the supplies and make our way back. Kyu Jong can wait for us at the first landing, seeing as it is just a brick wall there, but it is high enough for none of the undead to get you; also the ladder way is too narrow for us to come up with full bags, so you can wait there and we can hand the bags to you, while someone covers us.” This seemed to make everyone pause.

“Wait..? How do you know that the first landing is high enough, and the ladder way is too narrow hyung?” Hyung Jun questioned; Young Saeng cleared his throat, and grimaced as he knew he had said too much.

“Well um again when I was on watch… I kind of… um went down there to check it out.” Kyu Jong’s mouth just fell open, before he narrowed his eyes.

“Are you insane? What if the stairs made too much noise? What if they were rusty and they broke on your way down? You could have died.” Young Saeng pouted.

“Well it had to be done; I mean how else was I going to figure out that we could go down that way? The stairs are really kept up to date; I mean the undead didn’t even know I came down, they do not squeak at all.” Kyu Jong at this point was fuming; but he knew that the stairs would have had to be checked sometime. He knew it; he just didn’t like it.

“Alright fine, but I am not waiting at the base, I am coming with you.” Young Saeng shook his head no.

“No absolutely not..!”

“But it would be better what way Young Saeng; I mean you said yourself that, the undead are attracted to noise, I am good with a sword. While you and Hyun Joong can get the supplies I could keep watch, and if the undead came to where you were I could take care of them silently, instead of using a gun and that would probably make them came back anyway. Also if all three of us go, then we can get twice as many supplies, and we won’t have to go down as much.” Young Saeng hated to admit it, but he was right; it was a good idea, but he didn’t want his friends down there.

“Alright you can come too, but you WILL go up first and we will hand you the bags understand!” Kyu Jong nodded; he knew it took a lot of will power for young Saeng to agree, so he knew not to push it anymore.

“Okay then now that we got that settled; when exactly are we going to go?” Hyun Joong asked.

“At first light; I want to get it done as soon as possible and the last thing I want, is to go down there at night. They seemed to be more active at night, also we will be able to see better in the morning, so let’s get some sleep now. I will kept watch first so lets get some sleep.” All agreed and went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

OOOOOOOO what is going to happen tomorrow? hehehehe only time will tell. Muwhahahahahahahaha! Ill see you next week. *insert cheesy horror flick music*

Till then bye now.

P.S congrates to maria501, she said the exact order in which the chapter was going to be in. Though the 3rd part will not happen for sometime. Young Saeng is to stubborn for that. but he did listen to Hyun Joong in this. so yeah you were right. so congrate to you. *claps* XD