Chapter 23

Just A Dream

Chapter twenty three

Hyun Joong’s POV

**************************************************************************************************************

The walk was quiet, but they both were on alert. Hyun Joong hoped that they would be able to talk, but Young Saeng was in “high alert” and every time he would try and start a conversation; Young Saeng would just cut him off. So Hyun Joong concentrated on the task at hand, but made a note to himself to talk to him later.  Young Saeng stopped and turned to the side; Hyun Joong stopped and went to where he was staring at. It looked like a horse, but it was so badly mutilated they couldn’t be sure of it. Young Saeng shook his head, and turned to start walking again. Hyun Joong was getting tired, it was so hot out and they had no hats to help block the sun, so he began looking around and found a tree. Walking to it, he climbed it and looked down; Young Saeng was at the base and giving him a questioning look.

“Climb up here, the sun is too high right now, let’s have a drink and rest for a few minutes.” Young Saeng agreed they needed to rest and in a tree would keep them out of sight.

So, Young Saeng climb up the tree, and sat next to Hyun Joong. Opening his bag he gave water to Hyun Joong and one for himself. They sat there for a while taking in the scenery, it was beautiful. If only there weren’t undead trying to kill them, Hyun Joong would have really enjoyed the view. But as it was they were in a living nightmare and now heading maybe to their deaths for gas. Just as Hyun Joong was about to suggest jumping down, he noticed that Young Saeng stiffened and picked up his legs.

“Hyun Joong ssi pick up your legs… Now..!” Hyun Joong quickly did as he was told; about to question him, but instead followed him up more branches. Once they were as high as possible, Hyun joong looked down and saw three undead now feeding on what they thought was a horse. It was disgusting how they ate; it was like they were starving animals.

“Ugh… where did they come from?” The sight was almost unbearable to watch, but Hyun Joong made himself watch, to remember what they did and how they were not human anymore.

“Hyun Joong ssi…” Hyun Joong turned to Young Saeng.

“They came from the direction of the village, which means that village must be infested with the undead by now.” Hyun Joong stared at the man, who kept his eyes on the small horde down below. Hyun Joong could see that he was scared. So, moving as quietly as he could, and keeping his balance; Hyun Joong took the man in his arms, making him turn away for the sight below.

“We are going to be okay, we are just going to have to be extra careful. We have to do this, for everybody at the camp; we have to get them out of there.” Young Saeng nodded, trying to calm himself down. After a few moments Young Saeng pulled out of his grasp, much to Hyun Joong’s disappointment.

“Well come on then, we should get to the village before sundown.” Young Saeng said, while making sure his gun was full. Lowering himself down, till he can jump off Young Saeng went first, and then Hyun Joong. Making all the noise, made the undead look up and notice them. Young Saeng pointed his gun and shot all three in the head, before Hyun Joong could even take the safety off the gun. Hyun Joong turned to the man, who already started walking towards the village.  Young Saeng always seems to amaze him.  How could Young Saeng be so scared made one minute, then turn into an assassin the next?

It was beginning to get dark and they were just hitting the village, Hyun Joong never seen anything like it. Some building were on fire, and so where some cars. Bodies were still lying on the street, the undead still feasting on their meals. So, staying low to the ground, Hyun Joong and Young Saeng made their way through the village.  Hyun Joong spotted a convenience store, that had gas pumps around it, so slowly but swiftly they made their way to it. They reached it and quickly ran into the store, and pulled down the gate. While Young Saeng closed the gate, Hyun Joong swept the area for any of the undead.

He sighed in relief when they found none in the store. Young Saeng kept looking around, trying to find another exit, just in case the door got blocked off. Hyun Joong went around checking for one as well, till he found stairs that lead to the roof. Calling Young Saeng over, he showed the man the exit and then they were now able to calm down and look around for a gas can. Finding a few of them Young Saeng made sure they would be able to fit in the extra bag he had brought. While he did this Hyun Joong looked around for more bags, they could use some of this stuff. There was not much it looked like someone looted the place before they got here, but there were things they could still take. 

Young Saeng was looking around, and going to the drink section; opening up one of the door he pulled out a few drinks. They were still cold, Hyun Joong couldn’t help but to indulge as well. Grabbing a few more, Hyun Joong made his way to Young Saeng.

“I wish I can take some to Kyu Jong and Hyung Jun. They haven’t had cold drinks in a while. Everything is water, but these would make them happy.” Hyun Joong looked around and saw an ice machine pressing it, some ice came down. Hyun Joong walked down on the isles and grabbed the Styrofoam cooler that was there.

“We can bring it, the ice machine still works and we can use this.” Young Saeng smiled looked around the doors to find Kyu Jong’s and Hyung Jun’s favorite drinks. Hyun Joong did the same, once they found them, they all made note to grab them before they leave.

******* Nobody’s (mine) POV *******

Young Saeng looked around the isles and grabbed food to eat, instead of using the stuff he had brought. Once he got dinner from the isles, he pulled the blankets out of his backpack; placing them on the floor the two were able to stay warm, as they ate the chips, candy, and other stuff he could come up with. It was so dark inside the store, and the two could hear the undead roaming around, looking for something to eat. They stayed as quite as they could while they eat, but it was hard to as the bags made more sounds than normal, and it seemed they chewed louder.

So, Young Saeng grabbed the bags and dumped them out, onto the blanket to it could be quieter. While they were eating, Hyun Joong thought it was a good time to talk about what happened the other day. So steeling his nerves, he grabbed Young Saeng’s hand that was reaching down to grab some chips. Young Saeng froze, and tried to get his hand out of the other’s grip, but Hyun Joong was not having it.

“Young Saeng ssi we need to talk.” By then their eyes have adjusted to the darkness, so he could see Young Saeng shake his head no.

“There is nothing to talk about Hyun Joong ssi. What I said that day still stands, and will always stand till we got out of here. I am sorry, but I have too much on my mind to think of such relationships.” Hyun Joong jumped at the chance to talk.

“So, if we get out of here… there is a chance for us? If I can get us out of here… will I have a solid chance to have ‘such relationships’ with you..?” Young Saeng once again tried to pull away, but Hyun Joong held strong onto his wrist.

“Answer me?!”

“I… I… I don’t know… please let me go.” Young Saeng sunk to the floor in his attempt to get away from the persistent man; Hyun Joong followed him down till he was practically laying on him.

“Hyun Joong ssi, please I don’t want to talk about this… let’s just finish eating and get some sleep.”

“Young Saeng ssi, please I need to know if we have a chance outside of now. I won’t be able to let this go, till I know for sure I can still see you outside of this nightmare.” Young Saeng didn’t know what to tell the man. This was not the time to make promises. This was not the time to fall in love. Not the time to care for others in such a heartfelt way.

“Hyun Joong ssi, I am sorry. I just don’t feel that way towards you, if we get out of here I would like to still be friends with you, but that is it. No love, no relationship can come out of this. I just don’t feel that way towards you, beside... I... I have a boyfriend in Japan; if Japan is as safe as everybody thinks it is, then that means he is safe as well. I am sorry.” Hyun Joong felt like the air has been knocked out of him. Slowly he picked himself off Young Saeng, finally letting go of the boy’s hand.

“I see… Well okay then, thank you for telling me.” Hyun Joong couldn’t seem to look at the man anymore. So, he did the only think he could think of.

“Why don’t you get some sleep I’ll take the first watch?” Grabbing a blanket, he made his way to front, to take first watch; leaving Young Saeng to bash himself, for his own lies.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

OH! Young Saeng why did you go and say that for? Since when does he have a boyfriend? Hyun Joong practically told you he would survive the outbreak for you and your friends and you tell him you have a boyfriend. For shame, for shame.

Guys leave me a comment and tell me what you think he should have told Hyun Joong.

This is just horrible. Till next time guys, bye now.