003

Runaway

 

 

Chapter Three
Tuesday; First day Part 1

 

 

 

 

When they came back to Korea, Baekhyun thought Junmyeon had some kind of master plan for literally into the enemies’ territory. How could he come back after everything that happened here? It didn't help that Junmyeon was rarely in the hotel room, claiming he had other 'stuff' to deal with. If Baekhyun was stupid, he might have believed him. Even though his cousin said they already had a house, they were still in the hotel suite. Not that Baekhyun minded at all, but he was getting kind of tired of seeing the same things every day and not being able to leave the hotel.

Baekhyun made it a habit to go onto the balcony whenever Junmyeon left late at night. A little part of Baekhyun told him that Junmyeon had probably found out, but the other part of him liked to think he was in the dark about it all.

It's been almost a week since they got back to Korea, and yet, Junmyeon has said nothing about doing anything. Baekhyun was starting to get irritated that they came all the way here just for Junmyeon to 'talk' with people.

So when Junmyeon came back early on Sunday, Baekhyun was not expecting what he said. "Baekhyun, starting tomorrow you will be attending a private school."

He started at his cousin with his mouth open, eyes almost popping out of his head, "What did you say? I think I might have misheard you."

"You heard right, tomorrow will be your first day of school." Junmyeon had begun making dinner but suddenly Baekhyun wasn't very hungry anymore.

"I'm a sitting duck out there just waiting to be shot at. Do you really want to take the risk that comes along with it? We've been able to be under the radar for a few months, but now that were in their territory, it's not safe to go around acting like everything is normal." Baekhyun didn't want to go to school. He wanted to roam the streets, go shopping, and go to an ice cream store. Anything but going to school.

Junmyeon nodded his head as he stirred whatever was in the pot, "Yes, I know that Baekhyun. But if the government finds out you're not in school, they will have child services take you away. Then you're more than just a sitting duck. It's better to stay away from the government, even if that means attending school."

Baekhyun didn't know what to say, he knew what Junmyeon was saying is true, but he still didn't want to do it. Not because he was scared of getting caught and captured and then taking to hell. But because he didn't want to be in a group of students and not be able to talk to them because as Junmyeon always said, if you don't talk they won't know anything.

He opened his mouth to retort, but closed it back up. Junmyeon had never purposely put Baekhyun in danger, so he just had to trust whatever his cousin was planning and hope he wouldn't be ambushed.

 

"Channie!" A petite girl called before launching herself at him, almost making them fall over. She had long red dyed hair and big eyes; the girl was wearing the red and black high school uniform, her skirt a little shorter than it should have been and her top a little tighter than most.

Chanyeol laughed and hugged her, "Hey Bao, when did you get back?" Bao smiled and wiggled out of Chanyeol's embrace, walking toward the school together.

Bao tilted her head to the side, "Um ... maybe two hours ago?" She shrugged and Chanyeol could only gape. "You're going to catch flies if you don't close your mouth." Bao teased and watched Chanyeol snap his mouth close. "Luhan is coming today too, but not till around lunch."

Before Chanyeol could reply Bao was running ahead of him and through the school gates, catching up with a group of girls that greeted her cheerfully. Luhan and Yixing were back, that's the only way Luhan's little sister would be there. Chanyeol was smiling and jittery all day. When Chanyeol walked into History class, he saw the seat next to his was occupied by long, shaggy brown hair.

With a huge smile Chanyeol walked over to his seat and sat down then turned to Yixing, "When are you going to get a haircut?" His voice teasing as Yixing lifted his head and looked at Chanyeol then up at his hair, and back to Chanyeol.

"What's wrong with it?" He asked defensively in a light tone.

Chanyeol shrugged, "From far away you might be mistaken as a girl."

Yixing snorted, "Not if Luhan's next to me." They laughed when they realized what Yixing said was true. Luhan, with his long-ish blonde hair, round deer like eyes, and a body most girls would die for, (Including the secret abs and muscles he was hiding under his uniform.) Anyone, even up close, would mistake Luhan for a girl. At least until he burps and sits with his legs spread open.

The teacher walked in with a ruler in hand and a straight face, "Alright class, pop quiz!"

"Ugh!"

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he looked himself over in the mirror, seeing how the uniform fit and complemented his body. He had worn uniforms before, but this one was different. It hugged his body in all the right places and loose in the parts that really mattered. Baekhyun would even go as far as to say it made his look better than it was before. After all, when you can’t do what other kids do, you have to find some way to entertain yourself.  

“Baekhyun, are you ready yet? You’re already late.” Junmyeon called from the loft area outside of Baekhyun’s room, his tone was rushing.

He took a deep breath, grabbed the brown bag and threw it over his shoulder, giving himself one last look over. “I’m coming!” Baekhyun called back as he opened the door and turned the light off then walked to where Junmyeon was; now standing in the doorway. “Shouldn’t I be the nervous one?”

Junmyeon smiled as he ushered Baekhyun out the room and down the hall to the elevator, “Ha ha, very funny.” Baekhyun shrugged with a smile, “You remember what we went over?”

Baekhyun held up both hands, “Don’t take to people unless necessary,” He put one finger down with each statement. “Don’t give out personal information. My name is Wong Baekhyun, I’m seventeen years old and if anyone asks, I was adopted by a wonderful Chinese couple who are currently on vacation so I am staying with my friend Nam Junmyeon, a paper boy.”

“Who said I was a paper boy?”

“I did.”

They laughed and got into Junmyeon’s rented black impala and Junmyeon the GPS while Baekhyun the radio. They rode in silence half way there until they stopped at a stop light and Junmyeon loudly cleared his throat, “Uh, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun turned his head from looking out the window to facing Junmyeon, “Yes?” Junmyeon looked nervous but controlled, he was always to uptight.

He took a deep breath, “We’re going to stay in Korea.” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and cocked his head.

“Dumb it down a little?”

With a roll of his eyes Junmyeon smiled lightly, “What I mean is, we aren’t going to leave Korea anymore. We’re going to go to that house this weekend and we’re going to make a living here.” He slowly turned to see Baekhyun’s shocked expression, “Like normal people.”

Baekhyun searched Junmyeon’s face for any signs of lying or any other emotion that would tell him if this was just a bad prank or the real truth. After searching for what seemed like forever Baekhyun slowly turned back to the window and watched the scenery and tall buildings pass by.

“Why?” He asked when Junmyeon pulled up in front of the school.

Junmyeon shrugged, “You’re seventeen, you’re lazy, and you hate English.”  

Baekhyun nodded, all of it being true. “Yes but that doesn’t answer my question Junmyeon. I mean, why all of a sudden?”

His cousin stayed quiet for a little bit, thinking over how to answer. “Well, I’ve got … contacts, in the neighborhood at our new house. They’ve agreed to look out for you when I cannot. And these … contacts aren’t the type who likes moving around too much.”

“Fair enough.” Baekhyun said nonchalantly and opened the door, getting out. He bent down to look at Junmyeon one last time, “But you’re buying the ice cream later, got it?” Junmyeon laughed and nodded his head, “I got it Baek. Now go to school before I get a call for you skipping your first day.”

Baekhyun nodded then closed the door, walking up to the building. He turned around just in time to see Junmyeon pulling away from the curb and back onto the road as he put his hand on the door handle leading to his new school in his new life.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        It's short, I'm so sorry. OTL I just got my computer fixed but with school work and my social life (What social life?) I don't have much time to write. It doesn't help that Writers block has taken over my life as of recently.
I promise if you guys wait just a little longer, the next CH. Will be longer, way longer <3

Sorry if there are grammar/spelling errors, I'll fix them after school.

      I love reading comments, so tell me what you think. Even if it's bad, contructive criticism is always welcomed here.