1

Deaf

Taeyeon woke up as her mother opened the blinds, letting in the blinding sunlight onto Taeyeon's face.

Taeyeon groaned and tried to cover herself with the blanket.

Her mother walked over and pushed the blankets away.

She made sure she let Taeyeon see before talking.

"Tae, you have school today. Come on. Get up." She said slowly.

Taeyeon nodded and got up and put her clothes on.

Jeans, shirt, and sweater.

What more could you need?

Taeyeon walked out to the kitchen and sat at the small dining table.

All her life, Taeyeon has never been rich.

Her family isn't exactly poor, but they are pretty close.

If Taeyeons family had more money, Taeyeon would already have a hearing aid.

But she doesn't, so only white noise could be heard through Taeyeons ears.

Taeyeon grabbed a piece of toast and began to munch on it while she grabbed her bag.

She walked to her moms car and found her mother was already there.

They drove to school in silence.

Well, because mostly that was all Taeyeon could hear.

Taeyeon grabbed her music player and put the ear phones in her ear and put a random song on.

Almost everyone at school doesn't know that Taeyeon is deaf because she talks when told to in class, and it seems as if she was 'normal'.

Only a few people actually know Taeyeon is deaf, and she would like to keep it that way.

She doesn't want people to pity her for being deaf.

She wants to be treated the same as everyone else.

----

Taeyeon walks into class and finds her desk at the back corner of the room.

She never was the social - type of person.

Always sitting alone, during class, during lunch, any where.

Never talking unless spoken to.

There's only a few people she actually talks to, including her family.

Her best friend, Yuri, has been with her even before the accident.

Sadly, Yuri and Taeyeon have different classes for the whole term.

They only see each other in the halls and during lunch.

Taeyeon mentally sighed as class started and she could see the teacher yelling at the kids to be quiet.

Taeyeon took the ear phones out of her ears and watched intently on the teachers lips, figuring out the words he was saying.

"You will have partners for the rest of the year." Taeyeon guessed he said.

She was right, because as she looked around, everyone was groaning in annoyance.

Taeyeon focused her gaze on the teachers lips again as he called out partner names.

"Taeyeon and... Tiffany." he called.

Who was Tiffany?

Taeyeonlooked around and saw a girl with red hair walking towards her.

The girl sat beside Taeyeon in the desk next to her that has always been empty.

Taeyeon ignored her and continued to watch the teachers lips.

"This project is due at the end of the year and it will count for 50% of your grade. So do good!" The teacher said.

The teacher then began to explain the project and the rules and what was expected at the end of the year.

"I'm giving you this class time to either start on your project, or to get to know your partner, go!" the teacher said.

Taeyeon immediately began to research without talking to Tiffany.

"Hello?" Tiffany called to Taeyeon who ignored her.

Taeyeon focused on the words written on the book and began to jot down notes.

Tiffany groaned in frustration as her partner ignored her.

For the whole class, Tiffany and Taeyeon hadn't talked at all while Taeyeon researched endlessly.

In the end, Tiffany moved to a seat near her friends and began to talk with them, leaving Taeyeon alone.

Taeyeon doesn't mind being alone. She has always been alone in school, it's no big deal.

Taeyeon had manage to jot down two pages worth of research.

At the end of class Taeyeon walked up to Tiffany.

Tiffany looked up at her and so did all her friends.

"I'll do the project alone. You can sign your name on it when I'm finished"

And with that calmly said, Taeyeon left the room with her stuff to the next class.