I'm going to need your help...

Attention

The rest of the weekend passed without any major complaints at all. I moved back in with my mother, who seemed a bit better than before, surprisingly. I had expected her to bull her way out of there just to be released, but it seemed like she'd really worked on herself while she way away. It wasn't even that awkward, either. I wished I could have just stayed with D.O forever, but of course that couldn't happen, so I was content enough with just living in the same building.

He told me that I could stop by whenever I wanted to, if I was feeling overwhelmed or upset, or even if I was just bored, and I planned on taking him up on that at some point in the future.

Now, though, it was Monday morning, and he and I would be walking to school together. I tried tto be quiet getting ready so as not to wake up my mom, and I made my way down to D.O's apartment as soon as I was ready.

"Kai, you're here early," he greeted, inviting me in as he finished up.

"Yeah, sorry," I responded, stepping inside. "I woke up extra early today, I'm really excited."

D.O laughed at me as he threw his supplies back into his bag and threw it over his shoulder, motioning for us to get a move on. I followed obediently, bouncing every once in a while in excitement as we walked along the sidewalk until D.O couldn't stand it any longer.

"Okay, Kai, seriously, stop skipping. You look like a preppy girl."

"Oh but hyung I can't help it! I can't wait to get to school!" I answered happily, surprised at myself for being this awake and energetic so early in the morning. Apparently, my answer surprised him as well.

"Dude. What's gotten into you? I get that you'd be excited to see your new boyfriend and all, but I think this is just over the top..."

"I don't think it's over the top at all. I can't wait to see him again- I haven't even heard from him since Friday and I just want to hear his voice again and I want to show him off to everyone, and-"

"Kai," he interrupted. "I get it."

We laughed together and then the rest of the walk was silent as I tried to curb my excitement, if only by just a little bit. By the time we reached the school grounds, I had calmed down enough to be able to appear as a normal human being again.

"Morning, guys!" Chanyeol shouted to us from his locker when he had caught sight of us walking by.

"Hey, Chanyeol!" D.O exlaimed excitedly, suddenly leaving my side to go give his friend a hug. By the time I noticed, the two were already deep in animated conversation, so I decided to just keep moving on my way to my own locker before the bell rang signalling the start of the first class of the day.

Once I had reached my locker, I began pulling books in and out like a robot to prepare for my class when I heard a very familiar soft voice from behind me. "Kai," it called out gently. I turned immediately to be met by a smiling Taemin holding his arms out for a hug, to which I instantly complied. Hugging my gorgeous boyfriend was one of the happiest feelings I'd ever experienced.

Nearly everything about him was just so soft and gently- his voice, his skin, even his hugs. The only time I'd seen him any differently was when he danced- it was like he was a completely different person. Rather than his usual tame demeanor, he was an animal when he danced- everything was sharp, chaotic but so controlled-

Great, now I'm .

"How was your weekend?" he asked me when we pulled apart. I closed my locker and motioned for him to walk with me in the direction of my first class. "It was alright, I guess. Moved back in at home, and everything was pretty chill," I answered.

"I'm glad. I missed seeing you," he responded. "Would you mind if I ate lunch with you and your friends today? I would love to meet them," he continued, looking at me with adorable, pleading eyes.

"Of course! They would like to meet you too. But I'll have to warn you... We may be in for a barrage of questions."

He smiled as the two of us reached my classroom and stood beside the door to finish our conversation. "That's okay. I still want to meet them," he spoke as he looked down and began playing with one of my hands in both of his like a lovesick schoolgirl. I smiled at the cute action and laced my fingers through his. "Sure thing. I'll see you at lunch then."

"Bye," he giggled, releasing my hand and scuttling down the hall without looking back. My grin grew as I watched him scurry down the corridor until he was out of sight, at which point I turned and entered my own class, stupid smile still in place.

"Kai!" Sehun called me over, and I walked to him and sat down in the desk right next to his. "I was going to say hi to you when I was coming in," Sehun began. "But you two were so absorbed in each other, I don't think you even noticed that I passed you!"

I laughed a bit as I unpacked my textbook. "Sorry, Sehun. God, did you see him, though? He looked so cute today..." I said, staring up into space and not really paying attention to my surroundings.

That is, until Sehun began waving his hand in front of my face. "Earth to Kai! Dude, you're so crazy for him..." he said humourously.

"Am not! I can't think my own boyfriend is adorable without getting drilled?"

Sehun didn't respond further than rolling his eyes, and the two of us let it go as the bell rang and the lesson began. The school day actually went by so slowly in my mind, that by the time lunch came around, I was practically dead on my feet, the only thing that kept me energized was the thought that I'd get to bring Taemin with me to lunch and introduce him to the guys.

I walked with Sehun to the cafeteria once it was time, and waited impatiently for Taemin to come walking through the doors. "Guys, is it okay if Taemin sits with us today?" I asked while I waited.

"I don't mind..." D.O was the first to answer, sounding as if his response should have been obvious.

"I think it's a great idea!" Baekhyun said enthusiastically.

I laughed as the rest of the responses were equally as passionate, but stopped suddenly when I saw Taemin entering the cafeteria with Key, the two deep in conversation. I stood up and waved him over immediately, and he bid Key farewell and made his way over to me right away. Grinning, I sat back down as he arrived.

"Hi there, I'm Taemin.." he introduced a bit awkwardly, waving shyly and hiding his eyes behind his hair as he looked down.

"Come on," I said, grabbing his wrist. Instantly, he pulled it out of my grip, seemingly shocked. I looked up to his face to see his expression, but by the time I saw him, he'd already recovered, and smiled at me pleasantly. He took the seat right beside me and grabbed my hand under the table, making me completely forget what had just happened.

"Have you guys kissed yet??" Baekhyun blurted out without a single regret in the world.

I, on the other hand, felt rather uncomfortable with the question, which is precisely why I prompty reached over with my spare hand and smacked him right upside the head. I heard Taemin's nervous laugh right next to me and I quickly answered.

"No, we have not, thank you very much," I said, throwing a glare towards Baekhyun. "Now can we please change the subject?"

Suho chuckled at the exchange. "Sure thing," he said, and I was instantly grateful to him, being able to divert the attention so easily. "So when are you going to take him out on a date, Kai?"

Nevermind, I hate him too.

"Um... I hadn't exactly thought of when..." I started.

"Don't worry, Kai. You shouldn't let them get to you," Taemin whispered into my ear and squeezed my hand. I instantly relaxed and turned to smile at him, blushing at our close proximity. We were in our own little world until I felt Sehun's presence on my other side growing closer and closer and until I heard him speaking into my opposite ear.

"Did he just whisper something dirty to you?" Sehun asked seriously, making me choke on my own spit as I whipped my head around to see him staring wide-eyed at me, the two of us even closer than Taemin and I had just been previously. "W-what the , Sehun!" I exlaimed, making him break out into an infectuous grin. "You- you can't just ask things like that!"

"So is it a yes?" he asked innocently.

"No! No, it's a no!"

At that, everyone began laughing (except for me, of course, who was growing redder by the second), even Taemin chuckled quietly by my side. "Kai, your friends are silly," he said so only I could hear him.

"Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure I'd have used the words obnoxious and inappropriate," I retorted, loud enough for them all to hear me, which only made them laugh at my embarrassment even more. I groaned and buried my face in my hands, but was ecstatic to feel Taemin's hands wander up to my shoulders, massaging them affectionately even though he, too, was laughing at my behaviour.

And unfortunately, the rest of lunch passed the very same way. Embarrassing moment on my part followed by laughter for... well, pretty much everyone but me. I was glad, though, that everyone got along well with Taemin. It was hard not to, of course, but I was still happy it all worked out.

Just one thing bothered me, however. I really needed to take Taemin out on a date. But where would we go? When could it be? What would we do? By the end of the lunch period, I was walking Taemin to his next class.

"Taemin, I want to take you out on a date, still," I stated, very much out of place, as the two of us had been walking silently up until now.

"Oh, well then let's go out sometime. No big deal, Kai.." he answered simply.

"When are you free?"

I saw him biting his lip out of the corner of my eye. "Um... See, my father is coming home today, so I'm going to have a hard time with that, since he always likes me home at a certain time. Plus I work two jobs, so that will also get in the way..."

I thought for a bit... This is quite the dilemma- the only time we'd even have together is during school, and how do you work a date into a school day? And then it hit me...

"Why don't you leave the figuring out to me," I said with a mischievous grin that I didn't try too hard to hide.

"O-Okay..." he said cheekily with a blush as I dropped him off to class and blew him a not-too-subtle kiss goodbye, along with a wink as I turned to walk away. As soon as I was seated in my next class, right next to Sehun, I turned to look at him with a big smile.

"I'm going to need your help..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the really short chapter, but I wanted the next events to be in the next chapter, so I had to cut my ideas off here for tonight (;

I think I'm doing a really good job of balancing my stories with my work so far, and I'll definitely try updating every weekend. Since this is just the start of this weekend, I'll try to update again, but no promises, becuase they're really working my off! I'm still in the training phase, but I'm still in the gym from 7am until 11pm, so I'm pretty exhausted.

Thanks for reading, please comment and tell me what you think, your feedback is everything to me :D

Bisous! :-**