This was the weirdest first date ever.

Attention

"Care to explain to me why I'm here?" Taemin asked as he leaned against the brick wall that made up the outside of the school building. I smirked at him and motions with my hand for him to come closer. He gently pushed himself from the wall and took a few cautions steps in my direction, and amused smile painting his face.

"Why, it's our first date, my dear," I spoke extravagantly, standing up from the well-made table in the school's courtyard to hold open my arms in a welcoming manor (and also maybe to show off how good I look in the nice clothing I was wearing).

Taemin snorted humourously with his arms crossed over his chest. "And that explains why your friends showed up to the cafeteria during lunch a minute ago wearing black suits to me here... how?" I ignored his question.

"Why don't you sit?" I invited, still speaking grandly in accordance with my character choice. I stayed standing until he sat first, like a gentleman, and then gracefully seated myself across from him once again.

His expression was incredibly amused and I felt like I had achieved my goal. I wanted to take him on a date, but he had absolutely no spare time, so why not during school? I admit an empty school courtyard isn't necessarily the best place for a first date, but we weren't allowed to leave the property and this sure as hell beats the packed, noisy cafeteria. This, with the fancy tablecloth and the rest of what was to come, may be just ridiculous enough to be romantic.

My grin grew wider as I saw Suho and Baekhyun approach us, coming from inside the building, dressed in their own crisp, black suits. Suho had a napkin draped over his forearm to make him look official while Baekhyun followed two paces behind and holding a cafeteria tray with two plastic cups of water on it.

I was so glad my friends were so open to this idea- I had literally come to Sehun two days prior begging him and the others help me with this plan, and they all agreed enthusiastically, saying it would be fun.

"Good afternoon, sirs, may I interest you two in some complimentary drinking water?" Suho asked fancily, standing up straight with one arm across his stomach and the other behind his back.

"That would be lovely, thank you," I responded, sounding equally as over the top, and Baekhyun strode up to the table stiffly with his head held high as he placed down the cups of water in front of both Taemin and I before taking a step back and tucking the tray underneath his arm while he waited for Suho to leave.

"We've already prepared a meal for you both, so please sit back and enjoy. Call for me if you need anything."

With that, Suho bowed and led the way back into the building, Baekhyun right on his heels. They walked like robots and I almost cracked up laughing at their spot-on acting, but I reminded myself that I was supposed to be acting as well.

Taemin picked up his solo cup full of tap water and took a small sip. "You're a riot, you know that, Kai?" he asked when he put the water back down on the table and admired the floral centerpiece I'd put out beforehand.

I smiled but continued with the act. "Whatsoever do you mean, my darling? A man cannot take his beautiful date out to eat lunch with him? What kind of uncivilized world do you come from?" I asked jokingly. His smile faltered slightly before he began playing along with me.

"As long as said man stops speaking like that," he retorted with a smirk.

I laughed a bit at his comment before slouching a bit, signifying the end of my antics. That is, until I saw Sehun approaching our table, holding a small paper plate in either hand. "Your first course," he said formally, bowing as he placed the salad in front of Taemin and I before turning and walking away to leave the two of us alone again.

"This is ridiculous," Taemin commented, laughing now. Nonetheless, he started eating just as I did. I noticed, though, that he was only picking at his salad, and I frowned.

"Do you not like salad? We can move on to the next course if you want," I offered, sounding concerned. He shook his head immediately. "No, it's okay, really. I like it," he assured me, sending one of those smiles I knew to be fake.

Why couldn't he just be honest with me? "Hyung, please tell me what's wrong, I can tell you're hiding something."

"What are you talking about, Kai? I don't even know where you're getting that idea," he said sounding hurt.

"Sorry," I responded, not really knowing what to say. "I just... You didn't look like your were enjoying the food is all. I just wanted to make sure you're having a good time on our very first date," I pouted uncharacteristically, hoping it looked cute. I guess it worked, because he broke out into a smile again. "You're so sweet, Kai-ah. I am having a good time- a really good time. This is so nice of you to do this, I don't think anyone else I know would," he giggled lightly, covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

I smiled at that, pleased that I was able to make him happy with my idea of this date. I'm not even going to lie- I'm proud of myself. Who would really go through all of this effort to have a romantic, private date during lunch at school?

"Well, I want to see what they made us for lunch and we only have one period, so let's get this moving," I said, clapping my hands to signal to one of our 'waiters' that we were ready. The door swung open grandly and Chanyeol and D.O. approaching each with one paper plate that was covered in a napkin in an attempt to hide whatever was under it like they do in fancy feasts. This time I did laugh at the silliness that I wasn't expecting, but neither of the two broke their character as they approached and placed one plate in front of either of us before removing the napkins simultaneously in a flashy manner.

"Your main course, gentlemen," D.O said, bowing.

"The finest pre-packaged chicken in dinosaur-shaped nugget form," Chanyeol introduced.

"With the cheesiest macaroni you'll find in all of Korea as your side," D.O finished.

The two bowed together once more before turning on their heels and walking back into the school, all while Taemin and I continued to laugh. "What are we, second graders?" I commented, entertained at the food in front of us. "They must have been rehearsing that for days!"

When we had both come back down to earth and were left with only the occasional giggle, we began eating our kids' lunches with playful grins still on our faces. At some point, Baekhyun returned to refill our waters, but Taemin and I hardly even noticed the momentary presence of the older, as we were too lost in animated conversation.

"I am glad we're doing this," Taemin grinned sheepishly, looking down to his plate as his cheeks heated up.

"Me too, hyung," I responded so that he wouldn't need to feel embarrassed. "I think you're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for," I continued cheesily, wanting to make him blush even more. When I saw I was succeeding in that, I smirked as I went on. "You're so handsome, I'm glad I'm the only one that gets to hold your hand and show you off to all my friends~" 

I laughed as he shrunk further into his seat, but that didn't make me stop. If anything, it only encouraged me more. "I think you're the most talented guy I've ever met in my life, and I can't wait to spend so much more time together- I have so much planned for us! I can get you presents on your birthday and on holidays, and I could just get you presents for fun, too! I'll-"

"Kai!" Taemin interrupted in a whine. "Cut it out!" he said with an incredibly adorable pout.

"Oh stop it, Tae, I love it when you pout like that!"

He gasped. "So you like it when I'm upset? Kai, I'm offended!" he declared, over the top, putting a hand to his chest is feigned offense.

I laughed at his reaction. "Yup, that's it. It makes me soooo happy when you are sad, hyung."

He pouted even more, and I grinned triumphantly, pleased with this reaction. I loved being able to like this- he was too cute. God, am I even talking about someone older than me?

"Kai, you're too mean, why do I even hang out with you?" he asked, crossing his arms and huffing.

"I think it's because you liiiike me," I teased in a sing-song voice, leaning in close to him over the table and staring into his eyes with my own playful ones. He giggled and scooted back away from me. "Do not," he denied, but that smile wasn't doing anything to help his point.

"Do too!"

"Not."

"Too!"

"Not, now shut up!" he demanded, pushing my shoulders so I sat back in my own seat rather than leaning over the whole table.

"Fine, I'll just leave then," I stated simply, standing up and expecting him to apologize or ask that I stay or something. But he did nothing of the sort. "Okay," he said, sitting back more comfortably and sipping his water, not even looking at me.

"I'm going, you know," I said, inching towards the door to the school. "I'm really going," I spoke with elongated words to really emphasize my point here. He'd crack any minute, I knew it.

He didn't even look up from his drink.

"Taemin, I'm almost gone you know," I said, reaching the door finally.

"Bye bye," he said, waving a hand behind him but still not turning to face me. Finally, as a last resort, I opened up the door and then closed it without even going inside. I leaned against the wall, instead, watching as he turned around to see if I actually left, but whipping his head back around in front of him when he noticed me leaning cockily next to the door.

"I knew it! I knew it!" I exlaimed, running back to the table and reclaiming my seat. "I knew you didn't want me to go!" I said victoriiously, throwing my fists into the air like athletes do after winning gold medals.

"Kai, dear, your ego is showing," he spoke coolly. "I just wanted to see if you really did leave, it's not that I didn't want you to," he retorted next, his tone shifting to speak much more childishly this time and even sticking his tongue out at me for good measure.

Thinking quickly, I reached across the table and grabbed his tongue in between my thumb and finger. "Ha! Teaches you," I exlaimed playfully as he tried to pull his tongue from my grip.

"Kai, that's not funny!" he tried to yell, but it came out incredibly muffled due to the lack of use of his tongue. I laughed at his attempted response before having mercy and releasing it, wiping my hand off on my napkin as I continued to giggle at his expression. He looked like a little kid holding a grudge as he poked at his tongue unenthusiastically.

"That was so not cool," he commented once he decided that the organ was indeed unharmed and still working just fine.

I just snorted at that response.

Before we knew it, the bell was ringing, signalling the end to the lunch period and we had to get back to class. I stood and removed my suit jacket, leaving me in just dark jeans and a white tshirt for the school day while my friends came outside to help clean up the table. They were still in character, cleaning dutifully and walking with impeccible posture, speaking to us as if we were their masters, which Taemin and I found very amusing.

We were about to leave to go to class when I remembereed something. "Ah," I exlaimed, reaching into my bag and throwing down several pieces of candy onto the now clean table. "Your tip," I said, looking at Suho and the rest of the gang while motioning to the table. They all smiled and went back to their normal selves, helping themselves to their 'tip.'

"Thanks so much, guys," I whispered to them before taking Taemin by the hand and leading him back to the school building. He looked to the floor shyly, but didn't let go of my hand as we made our way through the hallways together. I escorted Taemin all the way to his next class even though I knew it might make me a minute late to my own.

"Thank you, Kai," he said once we had reached the door to his classroom. He reached up and put his hand on my cheek. "Really, thank you, it means a lot to me that you would do this for me.

I grinned widely, grasping his hand that was on my face and planting a light kiss right on the back of it. "Anything for you," I said with a wink before walking away.

It was so worth the effort it took to pull that date off.

I made it to my class with a few seconds to spare, and spotted Sehun sitting in his desk after having changed into his normal clothes as well. I skipped over to him happily and sat down in the seat right next to him before reaching over to pull him into an awkwardly-positioned yet still bone crushing hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sehun! You guys were awesome! I couldn't have done it without you!"

He laughed and pushed me off of him as he straightened himself out. "Of course, Kai, that was so sweet what you did for Taemin hyung. Did he like it? What did he say?"

"He loved it!" I exlaimed. "He seemed like he was really enjoying himself," I said, remembering his happy face when we had parted ways in the hallway- the tiny genuine smile, light blush, sparkling eyes. I wanted to kiss him right then and there, but I had promised to take things slowly. I don't really know what he specifically meant by slow, but I suppose I'll just know when the time is right. Maybe I'll let him make the first move, that way I know he'll be comfortable with it.

Sehun seemed to notice I was lost in my own little world of fanboying over my boyfriend, so he snorted in amusement before going back to whatever he was doing before I'd entered.

This was the weirdest first date ever.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Hello all, I am indeed alive, sorry for the lack of an update. I tried but it's hard when I can only do it in small increments at a time, so sorry if this is all over the place- it's kinda supposed to be like that in this chapter anyway.

So here's your little fluffy chapter you wanted!

Now they're together and things are going really well, so I think we all know what it's time for---- ANGST! yay!!  Look forward to that in the future, lovely subscribers!

(Side note, I don't think any of you are Ontae shippers out there, but just in case I posted an Ontae oneshot called Consequences, it's kinda depressing, but I like it, so there's that)

Anyway, thanks for reading, and as always, please comment(: they make me smile and inspire me to finish these chapters more quickly <3

Bisous! :-**