Episode 00 "Making the promise." (Pilot)

Chanyeol the Little Charmander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

episode 00 (pilot)

"Making the promise."  

Key placed his hand lightly on the Pokeball in front of him. The corners of his mouth pulling up as he felt the heat warm up his hand.

"This one," he said simply. "This is my Pokemon." 

Professor Onew1 walked up behind him, taking back of the young trainer's new Pokemon. With a sunken grin on his face, he turned to Key. "This particular Charmander is quiet difficult to train. I've already had a few trainers switch to the other Pokemon." 

He took the chosen Pokeball and swaped with a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur​2. "How 'bout one of these two?"

Key dismissed the obvious concern in the Professor's eyes. His hands traveled back to previous ball and held it with determination. "This is my Pokemon."

With a heavy sigh, Professor Onew steped back and looked right into Key's eyes. "You've got to promise me. No matter how difficult this Pokemon is to train, never give up on it. Understand?" 

The young trainer gripped the Professor's hand and shook it, "I promise." 

With light steps, he filled his lungs with cool, fresh air. Already feeling the power coming from his new friend, his first step into his new adventure, his first step into freed-

"KEY! KEY!" yelled a skinny boy from behind the hill, interrupting his Pokemon fantasy. His fluffy hair bounced up and down on his head. He pulled the brakes on his legs, and the bouncing stoped just before their bodies made contact. "You got a Charmander, didn't you! I did too! I named him Kris! Did you give yours a nickname? We should totally travel together! We could go on adventures with our daebak Pokemon!" 

Key bit his lips and stepped back, slightly startled by his childhood friend's sudden appearance. A nickname? He had never considered it. "Uhh...Ch...Char...Cha...Chanyeol! I named him Chanyeol," he suddenly blurted out. Shivers ran down his back at the thought of traveling with his neighbour. He backed up slowly and laughed, "Now if you'll excuse me, Minho, I'm off to go train him and show how much cooler my Charmander is compared to yours."

He tried ignore his obvious confusion, and spun on his heel. As the distance between the two grew larger, Minho's yells became softer.

He kicked up his feet and charged after the flailing young boy. "Wait! We were supposed to stick together!" He slow downed after realizing that Key had better things to do. "Well, alright then. But don't you forget about me Key! We'll meet one day and then I'll show you who has the cooler Charmander!" 

 

Five years later

"Go Chanyeol! Tackle it! Do something! Please!" Chanyeol stared back at it's trainer with a huge grin on his face. Key already knew what his little Charmander was about to do and he held up his hands. "No, Chanyeol! Not me!"

Completely ignoring the Pokemon Key was trying to catch, Chanyeol turned around and tackled his trainer and sqeezed him tightly into an agressive hug. Key struggled to sit up and he watched the little Caterpie3 wiggle away. 

"Gahh! No! Chanyeol, that was probably the easiest Pokemon to defeat ever and you let it get away!" Chanyeol simply ignored the scoldings and sat there with a dopey grin. 

Depite the loud yelling coming from Key's mouth, they could both hear the rustling that was c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter