Case Dismissed

SoShi Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was sitting in the library the other day when i got bored and started writing some random stuff... this was supposed to be another Taeny story but the end product somehow became focused on the Yulsic couple..

 

Note: Yuri, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona are guys here....

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a regular trial day in one of the courtrooms in Seoul. A handful of people can be seen entering the courtroom – some came to give support to the parties, while others were only plain observers. Amidst this mini jungle sat four people on either sides of the room.

 

“All rise,” the clerk of court announced, “the Honourable Judge Yoo Jae Suk has entered.”

 

The sound of people leaving their seats to stand up was all that can be heard then before the judge claimed his gavel. This was followed by the clerk of court announcing the start of the trial, naming the lone case that shall be heard on that day.

 

A young woman dressed in a crisp pink blouse covered by a black blazer and paired with a pencil cut red skirt and platform heels stood up from the right side of the judge. She stuck a few strands of red hair behind her ears before speaking.

 

“Counsel for petitioner is ready, your Honour.”

 

The judge gave a slight nod before he diverted his gaze to the young man standing on his left. Although a little bit shorter than his counterpart, the man exuded an aura of authority that tells everyone not to mess with him if they don’t want any trouble. With his suit in the darkest shade of purple with a white shirt underneath, his voice did not falter as he stood up and speak.

 

“Counsel for the respondent is ready, your Honour.”

 

 

                                 

 

 

 

 

“We can still stop the court proceedings, Jess,” suggested Tiffany.

 

Jessica did not respond but Tiffany understood why. Her bestfriend’s marriage is on the brink of being destroyed, and that’s the last things that she and their other friends wanted for the two.

 

“Just give him a chance to explain.”

 

“No!!!” Jessica sternly answered.

 

“I’m not saying that you don’t have the right to be mad at him but Jess, you of all people knows the real him inside and out. You’ve been together since high school and never once did he cheat on you. Why would he do it now?”

 

“I’m not interested with whatever explanation he got,” Jessica coldly replied. “All I know is I saw him sleeping with another girl.”

 

Tiffany sighed. Her bestfriend’s stubbornness is well-known among their circle of friends, but she’s praying that Jessica would set aside it for the meantime and approach the issue with an open mind.

 

“If you cannot forgive him for the meantime, at least let him see the kids.”

 

Jessica’s gaze returned to the outside world. If her stubbornness is telling her to continue with the divorce, her heart is telling her otherwise.

 

It has been three months since she last saw her husband inside that hotel room. Since then, it was Tiffany who has been holding meetings with her husband and the latter’s lawyer regarding the divorce filed by Jessica. Their small circle of friends are exploring all possible means to let the two make amends, and it surely did not help when Jessica prevented her husband from seeing their kids after she kicked him out of their house.

 

                                    *****   *****                           *****   *****

 

 

“You just gotta hold on strong there buddy.”

 

It was all that Taeyeon can say to his cousin whose eyes are busy watching two kids walking hand in hand as they entered the playground with their nannies behind them. If anyone is to tell him three months ago that they’re jealous of his cousin and his family, maybe they’ll think twice saying it now. Seeing his cousin this helpless while his marriage is slowly crumbling hurts him more.

 

Yuri was about to open the door when Taeyeon held him on the shoulder.

 

“You know that you cannot be near them right now, Yul.”

 

Yuri fought his hardest to not let his tears fall, but his voice cracked when he answered Taeyeon.

 

“I’ll just watch them from that hedge over there.”

 

Although Taeyeon does not know the internal struggle his cousin is feeling right now (and he prays that he will never ever experience the same), he knew that preventing him from what he wanted to do at the moment will not help his cousin’s state.

 

“Let that order be screwed for now, but Yul, please, only on the side. Okay?”

 

Yuri nodded before stepping out of the car. Taeyeon’s phone suddenly rang while he’s watching his cousin stand behind a series of bushes.

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

“How accurate is your information, Sooyoung?”

 

 

 

“Okay, I’ll see you in my office in 30 minutes. I’m – ”

 

But Taeyeon was not able to finish his conversation when he saw Yuri running towards the centre of the street where he saw Yoona about to pick up a basketball.

 

                        *****   *****                                       *****   *****

 

 

“Mommy!!!”

 

Yoona ran to his mother as soon as he saw the latter walking towards them with his Aunt Tiffany. Jessica met her son halfway and gave him a tight hug and kissed the top of his head.

 

“Is my baby okay? Does it hurt anywhere?” asked Jessica, panic clear in her voice.

 

“I only scraped my knees and elbows, Mommy,” cried Yoona, “But, but I saw blood around Daddy, Mom.”

 

Jessica secured her little boy in her arms before walking towards the group of people outside the operating room. She saw her daughter crying on Tiffany’s shoulder while the latter was consoling her husband who was facing the wall, his shirt soaked in blood. When Soojoung saw her, she immediately asked her mom to carry her.

 

“Can I carry you later, baby? Mommy needs to take care of Oppa first.”

 

Although she did not understand the whole situation, Soojoung knew that her oppa is hurt so she just gave her mom a nod.

 

When she could not take it anymore, Jessica sat on one of the chairs with Yoona in her lap. She hugged her son tightly as she let her tears fall.

 

“Does the patient have a wife?” asked the doctor who came out from the operating room.

 

“I’m h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter