---

London, our best place.

 

Key was still shooting. He was in one of those haute couture shops, pointing out stuff he liked for the camera. He was trying to be as lively as he could, but it didn’t feel natural. He, who was normally always ecstatic when it came to fashion, was forcing smiles to get some good footage.

He should be having the time of his life, but he kept getting sidetracked by images of what had happened the day before. He could still see Minho smile awkwardly at him and retreat to his bed without saying a word. He, on the other hand, had just stood there, in the living room, feeling like an idiot.

"Why did I kiss him?" he thought as he looked over at a pair of shoes.

Another hour passed and the staff went away, leaving him alone with his thoughts. He looked around not knowing what to do. He wanted to go to their apartment, but at the same time he wasn’t sure if he was ready to see Minho just yet. They hadn’t seen or talked to each other all day, which made him even more anxious.

He walked for a while, trying to immerse himself in the London feel. The streets were so beautiful at night; there were plenty of lights which made them all the more romantic.

"I wish he was here with me right now," he whispered.

He finally stopped in front of a café and decided to go in. He went to the counter and ordered an espresso. A few minutes later, he was sitting down with his hot beverage and putting his shopping bags on a chair. As he was taking a sip, his eyes fell upon a cute couple sharing a cake. He rolled his eyes. Seeing happy couples had always gotten on his nerves and it was even worse today. He tried to focus on his cup, but was brought back to reality by the sudden sound of his cell phone ringing. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. His eyes widened.

"Hello?" he quickly answered.

"Are you done shooting?"

"Yes… why?"

"Where are you?"

"I’m at a café…" the blonde replied, as he touched up his fringe.

"Okay, text me the address."

Before he even had time to say another word, he heard a beeping sound. Minho had hung up.

Key sighed, annoyed. He looked up the address and sent it to the younger one. His heart was racing and his palms were sweaty. "Is he really coming over?" he thought. He was still staring at his phone, unsure of what was about to happen. He thought of calling him again, but decided not to. He was just going to wait here and hope the other one didn’t take too long.   

When Minho finally arrived, Key had finished his espresso and was going through his shopping bags. He didn’t even notice when the tall young man stopped in front of his table.

"Kibum," Minho said softly.

Key jumped and looked up. Their eyes locked for a split second, before they both quickly looked away. Key moved his shopping bags from the chair and put them on the floor, leaving space for Minho to sit down.

"Looks like you bought a lot of stuff." Minho said as he started fumbling through the bags. He frowned and looked at Key. "Why did you buy so many clothes?"

"Why does it matter to you?"Key asked, irritated. He crossed his arms. "You’re just like my dad…"he muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing…" Key replied swiftly. "Don’t you want to drink something?"

"No, I’m fine. We should go home now."

The taller one got up, putting on his backpack. He started walking towards the door, hearing Key’s footsteps behind him.

They were met by a soft wind as they stood side by side on the sidewalk.

"Do you know how to get back?" Key asked, worried.

"We’ll figure it out."Minho answered reassuringly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minho let out a sigh of relief as they both let themselves drop on the couch. After more than an hour of getting lost on the streets of London, they were finally home. Key hadn’t stopped whining about his feet hurting and his bags being heavy which had made this last hour a living hell for him.

He just wanted to put his headphones on and look at the pictures he had taken during the day, but he couldn’t. He had to talk to Key first. He had spent all day thinking about him and the kiss they had shared. He was really confused about the whole situation. He couldn’t deny that it had felt great, but he didn’t know if it was something he’d like to see happen again.

He looked over at his friend who now had his eyes closed.

"Are you sleeping?" he asked.

Key groaned.

"Nooo…"

Minho laughed and looked at him again. His smile dropped as he was hit by an overwhelming feeling.

"He looks so beautiful…,"he thought.

He shook his head, trying to make the thought go away.

"Wake up!" he suddenly said, shaking the older one’s arm.

Key opened his eyes and straightened himself up.

"We need to talk." Minho said.

Key felt his body tense.

"About what?" he asked, faking an innocent tone.

"About…"  Minho took a deep breath. "About the kiss."

Key didn’t know what to say. He had been dreading that conversation all day.

"I need to know why you kissed me." Minho added.

 "Oh… "

Key fidgeted with the buttons of his jacket.

"Well, you know… I was drunk." he explained.

The blonde looked down at his knees, mentally hitting himself for saying that.

"You’ve been drunk around me before and nothing remotely similar has ever happened between us."

"I…Well…"

Key was panicking. He always knew what to say, but for the first time in his life, he couldn’t find his words.

He put his face in his hands, trying to calm himself down. When he looked up, he saw Minho staring at him with a worried expression.

"I don’t think you’re ready for the answer." Key finally said.

"Are you… I mean…"

"I think it’s pretty obvious so don’t make me say it ", he replied before turning away.

His heart was beating like crazy and his head was spinning. The fatigue and all those emotions he was going through were wearing him down.

He jumped as he felt Minho’s hand on his.

He turned back and looked at him, confused.

"I don’t want this to ruin our friendship," the taller one said.

"It can’t be the same now. Not after what happened, "the older one retorted, pulling his hand away.

Key got up and walked to his room, slamming the door behind him.