Late Night

One Ok Rock

 

Band rehearsals had just ended. I ducked outside into the cold night air and pulled out a cigarette. I had just lit my cigarette when I heard footsteps behind me. I propped my left leg up against the wall and casually leaned on it. Taka went and sat down beside me. He stared up at me with an unreadable expression.

“So we’re going out for drinks in a few. Are you coming with us, leader?” Taka questioned as he propped his arm on his leg.

“Nahh. I think I’m gonna chill at home for tonight. Next time though.” I said as a puff of smoke escaped my lips.

Taka just nodded as he hopped up from his spot. A slight pout formed on his lips. I chuckled and ruffled his hair before I wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He looked up at me with his brown eyes shining brightly. I blew another puff of smoke before I placed my hand in my pocket.

I watched as Ryota and Tomoya walked out of the building. Taka walked over to them and I watched them walk off. We all waved after each other and went our separate ways.

~~~

I woke up in my bed and looked at the time on my phone. Two-thirty in the morning. I didn’t mean to sleep that long. I wonder if the guys were still out drinking. I dialed Taka’s number and put the phone up to my ear. No response. I tried Tomoya and Ryota as well but I got no response from either of them.

What if they were passed out in some strange alley? A wave of panic swept over me as I threw on my jacket and headed out the door.

The streets had people in them but most of them looked like tourists or wanna-be vampires. Maybe I should check the usual place first. None of the guys could hold their alcohol and who knows what they could be doing right now.

I slowly walked down the street looking for any traces of the guys. I spotted a small crowd of people gathered around something.

I looked in the direction of the crowd and something glowing. I took a closer look and noticed that it was a man stripped down to his boxers carrying some kind of light. Wait, is that a…..light saber? A red light saber?

What idiot is out in nothing but his boxers waving a light saber around? I took a few steps forward and gasped in shock. I noticed that the idiot was none other than Taka.

Taka stood in the street waving the light saber at the growing crowd of people. I pushed through the crowd of people and stood in front of him.

“Taka, where are your clothes?” I asked in an aggravated voice.

Taka just waved the light saber in my face giggling like a little child.

“I don’t…..remember. Now be gone Darth Vader! The force is not strong with you!” Taka said as he pointed the light saber at me.

Murmurs and giggles could be heard from behind me. Taka was obviously intoxicated. I decided to try an easier approach.

“Taka, can you please tell me where your clothes are? Where are Ryota and Tomoya?” I asked calmly.

Taka just shook his head at me before a mischievous smile appeared across his face.

“Taka, what-“

I watched as Taka took off running down the street in his boxers clutching on to his light saber. I chased after him. Man, for a drunken guy he was pretty fast.

I chased Taka all the way to the bar that we all usually go to. I watched as Taka headed inside.

When I went inside the bar I spotted Tomoya shirtless, with his shirt wrapped around his neck like a cape. I shook my head in annoyance. These guys had gone way too far.

“Look leader! I’m Superman! You wanna be my sidekick?” Tomoya said as he stumbled off the table.

 I caught Tomoya by the waist before he fell off the table. Crowds of drunken people were yelling and cheering.

“Wow! You saved me Toru! Maybe you can be the hero and I can be the sidekick.” Tomoya said as he smiled at me.

“Let’s talk about that later. Do you know where Ryota and Taka are?” I asked still clutching on to Tomoya.

Tomoya pointed to the bar as I led him over there. I found Ryota sitting on a bar-stool talking to a stranger.

“So, how drunk are you?” I asked Ryota.

“Not at all. The other two beat me to it. Course you already know that.” He said as he nodded at Tomoya.

“Yeah. Have you seen Taka….or his clothes?” I asked.

Just then, I heard a familiar voice yell something out behind me. I turned around to see Taka standing on a table with a crowd gathered below him.

“Hey leader!” Taka yelled out.

I watched him grin and grip his boxers. Oh no. Oh God, no. Don’t do it, I thought. He did.

I watched along with twenty other people as Taka pulled his boxers down to his ankles and let his manhood roam free. I could hear Ryota and Tomoya laughing behind me. Shouts and giggles could be heard from the crowd.

“Watch him.” I said as I handed Tomoya over to Ryota.

I walked over towards Taka with pure anger and aggravation.

“Taka! Pull your boxers up now!” I snapped at him.

Taka began to pout but he pulled his boxers back up. I pulled him down from the table and heard some groans behind me.

“We’re leaving right now. Where are your clothes?” I said gritting my teeth.

I looked at Taka’s face as his lip began to tremble a little. I sighed and ruffled his hair before giving him a quick smile.

We headed back over to the others. Ryota had hold of Tomoya’s arm to make sure he wouldn’t go anywhere.

“I’ve got Taka. You take Tomoya.” I said.

“Okay, now let’s find your clothes.” I said as I looked over at Taka.

He innocently went and grabbed his light saber and clutched it close to him.

~~~

After an hour of searching, we finally found Taka’s clothes hidden in the back of the bar. It felt like the longest walk back to my place.

Once we were inside my flat I let go of Taka. He stood frozen before he headed towards my bedroom.

“No, Taka. Not my room. Take the couch.” I shouted after him.

I walked after him into my room and found him sprawled out on my bed.

“I over did it, huh?” Taka asked as he peered up at me.

“Yeah. Just a little.” I chuckled.

“Thanks for coming after me, Toru.” Taka whispered, his eyelids starting to droop.

“You’re welcome. You’re my best friend. I’ll always come after you.” I said, but he was already fast asleep.

I chuckled and pulled the covers over him. I ruffled his hair a little. He stirred in his sleep but didn’t wake up. I saw him still clutching his light saber and I gently took it from him and replaced it with a pillow. He cuddled my pillow and held it tightly. He looked like a small child.

I walked into the room and lay down on the couch. My phone started to vibrate on the table in front of me. I looked at it and saw Ryota had sent me some picture messages. I opened the files to see picture of Tomoya and Taka from tonight.

I stared at my phone laughing. Tomorrow was going to be the most interesting day, and the best part is that Tomoya and Taka have no clue. I smiled to myself and set my phone back on the table before I drifted off into a deep sleep.

                                                                     To Be Continued….