Some Advice

One Ok Rock

 

                                                                (Hiro’s POV)

One thing I don’t like is keeping secrets. Yuka was back, and Toru told me the story. I wonder if it was the whole story. They asked me to keep her return and apparent pregnancy from Rin. I would do what they asked of me, but I hated having to lie to Rin all the time.

I love Rin, but how long could this lie go on?

I tossed and turned in my sleep all night long. Guilt was slowly consuming me, and there was nothing I could do about it. I needed to get away from it, somehow. I texted the one person I thought could help.

Hey Taka. Can I come over?

It’s four in the morning, Hiro. Is something wrong? Are you okay?

I just….need to talk to you.

Ok. I understand. The door is unlocked. Be careful little brother.

With that I left for my brother’s place. I hoped he could help me deal with all of this.

~~~

Taka was sitting on his couch when I walked in. Dreamer lay sleeping by his feet. A yawn escaped my brothers’ lips as he looked at me with worry and concern. I walked over to my brother and curled up into his arms.

“What’s wrong brother?” Taka asked softly.

“I just hate lying to Rin. I feel so guilty. You know I hate keeping secrets.” I responded.

Taka gave me a gentle squeeze before he spoke, “I’m sorry. I know this is hard for you. To be honest I felt like we shouldn’t have told you. I know you don’t like keeping secrets but the truth will come out eventually. We just need to be patient until that time comes.”

I pondered his words for a moment. There was truth in what he said but it still made me feel slightly uneasy.

“You’re right but I hope this all gets resolved soon. I hate lying to Rin.” I whispered.

“Do you love her?” Taka asked.

The question caught me off guard, “I-I think so.”

“You shouldn’t have to think about whether you love someone or not. You should automatically have an answer for it. When it comes to love, you shouldn’t have to think about it.” Taka said.

“Since when did you become so insightful on love?” I teased.

“Haha. It takes someone in love to know about love.” Taka remarked.

“I see. So do you love Toru then?” I asked.

“I definitely do love him. I can’t even picture my life without him in it.” He beamed.

“Aww. My big brother is in love. How cute.” I giggled.

“Oi! Don’t make me hurt you little brother.” Taka chuckled.

Taka started tickling me and I started laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes. I loved the relationship that we had.

“I’ve missed you, Taka.” I said through giggles.

“I’ve missed you too, Hiro.” Taka said.

Taka held me close and gave me another gentle squeeze.

“So where is Toru?” I asked.

“At his place. I stay with him every other night now.” He stated.

“I guess I should go now. I have rehearsal in a few hours and you do too.” I said as a yawn escaped my lips.

“Yeah. If you want you can stay here for a little while. I just don’t want you to wander around the streets at this hour.” Taka mumbled.

I giggled a little before speaking, “thanks but I’ll be fine. We should hang out more, big brother.”

“We definitely should. I miss spending time with you. Let’s hang out before I go on tour.” Taka exclaimed.

“Yeah. I can’t wait. Well see you later, Taka.” I said as I stood up and stretched.

“Sounds good. Bye little brother.” Taka smirked.

I smiled at Taka before I left his place. It was good having an older sibling that I could talk to and would understand me. He always understands and he doesn’t judge. I always go to him when I need advice.

I was still smiling as I made my way to the street. Suddenly things didn’t seem so bad anymore. I love you big brother, I whispered as I made my way down the paved street.

                                 To Be Continued….