Reliving The Past

One Ok Rock

 

                                                                (Yuka’s POV)

I walked the streets of Tokyo alone. A sudden wave of fear and guilt washed over me. They would come for me. I was sure of it. No matter where I went they would find me. I didn’t want to put anyone in danger, but I didn’t have many people I could trust.

I couldn’t go to my sister. Not after I saw her so happy with Hiro. Hiro. I’m so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you or anyone else. I had no choice. If only you all knew what he was like then you will understand.

I will protect all of you. I must protect all of you. I’ll accept any punishment that you want to give me. It’s what I deserve. I’m so sorry. I will protect you….all of you.

                                                                     ~Flashback~

“Let go of me, Zen.” I hissed.

I fought myself out of his grasp as he stood near me laughing. His piercing black eyes bore holes into me. I cowered next to him.

“Cute boyfriend you have there, Yuka. Would be a shame if something happened to him.” Zen cooed.

My eyes widened, “you leave him and everyone else out of this. What do you want? Name your price, just don’t hurt him or anyone else.” I begged him.

He chuckled before taking a sip from his beer bottle. I feared for what he would say next.

“Kiss me.” He stated.

I hesitated for a moment, “if I do that then will you leave all of them alone?”

He touched his finger to his lips before he spoke, “of course. I always honor my deals. Now, kiss me.”

I leaned into him slowly and cautiously. His lips smashed against mine, and I balled up my fists. At that moment I felt nothing but fear and humiliation. I already knew what would happen next, and yet I still gave in.

I broke away from the kiss, and caught Taka, Toru, and Hiro staring at me. Zen started laughing like some kind of mental person.

“Uh-oh. Looks like you got caught.” He said through his laughter.

“You did this on purpose. I hate you.” I spat out.

A smirk creeped up on his face, “now hate is such a strong word. Don’t pretend like you didn’t enjoy the taste of my lips.”

I ignored him and ran over to where the others were. Hopefully they didn’t see too much. I already felt ashamed and guilty but it was the only way I could protect them. I put on a fake smile and headed over there towards them.

I tapped Toru on his shoulder, and watched as his face hardened.

“Hey. So glad you two could make it to the event. Are you all having fun?” I asked, putting on my fakest smile.

“Actually, we were just leaving.” Taka said coldly.

I looked over at Hiro and saw the pain in his eyes. I knew at that moment that I had betrayed his trust and his love. I was ready to handle what ever happened next.

“Are you taking my Hiro away from me?” I pouted.

“I’m not your Hiro, Yuka.” He choked out.

It felt like a shot to my heart. I knew it would be over between us, and as much as I didn’t want it to be I knew it had to be.

“Yuka, we saw you playing tonsil hockey with that guy over there. That isn’t cool.” Toru chimed in.

His words snapped me out of my dream-like trance. I wanted to tell them everything, but I knew I couldn’t. Not just yet, anyways. I turned to glance at Zen and caught him watching all of us. He was obviously enjoying our little disagreement. A silent growl escaped my lips as I turned back to the other three.

“Oh! That guy is nobody special. I don’t really know him.” I said as I waved my hand in Zen’s direction.

“That’s not what it looked like from here. I guess we’re done then, Yuka.” Hiro choked out.

I almost broke down in tears. I didn’t want it to be over between us. I really did like Hiro. I wanted to be with him. I bit my lip to keep from crying.

“And I guess we are done here too. Goodbye Yuka.” Taka smirked.

Before I had a chance to say anything, they all headed out in a hurried manner. I knew they wouldn’t forgive me. I just hoped that one day I could explain to them what really happened.

I walked over to the window to gaze down at the three that had just left. I spotted my sister with him. I watched as Rin walked off with Hiro. Well at least she’ll make him happier than I ever did, I thought to myself. I heard someone walk up behind me and place their hand on my shoulder.

“One more thing. I own you now.” Zen whispered into my ear.

Then the tears started to fall, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

                           ~~~

I headed back to Toru’s apartment. It was quiet in his apartment, and very dark. I slowly headed to his bedroom, and caught him and Taka curled into each other sleeping. Must be nice to be with the one you love, I thought. It must be nice.

I closed the bedroom door, and headed into the living room. I laid down on the couch and let sleep claim me. For once, I felt completely safe.

To Be Continued….