Alone

One Ok Rock

 

 Authors note: *This chapter takes place two months after the last chapter. Enjoy!* ^_^

 

“You’re leaving me.” I said as I sat down on Taka’s bed.

“Yeah. It’s just for a week though. I honestly miss you already.” Taka said as he folded some clothes and shoved them into his suitcase.

“Yeah, but….you’re leaving me.” I sulked.

“I know. It’s just one week in America. I’ll be back before you know it and then we’ll spend so much time together that you’ll get sick of me.” Taka chuckled.

“That’s unlikely. I could never get sick of you. This really though. Text me as soon as you land. I want to make sure you get there safely.” I said as I bit my lower lip.

“I will. I promise. I’ll call and text you every chance I can get. I hate being away from you.” Taka pouted.

I stood up and took Taka’s chin in my hand. I stared deep into those dark eyes of his before I kissed him.

“I love you.” Taka whispered into my neck.                                                       

“I love you too.” I whispered back as I ran my fingers through his hair.

Taka pulled away from me and grabbed his suitcase. Dreamer clawed at the suitcase and let out a small whimper. Taka scratched behind Dreamer’s ear before getting a positive response.

“Take care of Dreamer for me while I’m gone. I love you both so much, and I miss you already.” Taka said as he started dragging his luggage down the hall.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you to the airport?” I asked.

“I’m sure. Besides Hiro said he was coming over to pick up some stuff. I’ll be fine, I promise. Love you.” Taka yelled after me as the door closed behind him.

“Looks like it’s just you and I now.” I sighed as I looked down at Dreamer.

~~~

I started pacing around the flat like some crazy person. Taka and I were never apart from each other for so long. I hadn’t seen him in an hour and I was already losing my mind. A knock at the door caused me to stop dead in my tracks. Must be Hiro, I thought.

“Come in.” I said.

I watched the door slowly open and watched Rin step in. She looked at me and smiled.

“Where’s Hiro?” I asked.

“At band practice so he sent me here instead.” She said as she looked me up and down.

“What? What is it?” I questioned.

“You miss him. Don’t you?” Rin giggled.

“Yes! It’s only been an hour but it feels like a life-time. I don’t see how some people can do it.” I said, waving my arms around in frustration.

Rin let out a hearty laugh, “Well it’s not easy. People say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.”

“I guess so. Do you need any help with anything?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“Nope. It’s just a duffel bag. There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you..” Rin said, her voice drifting off.

I looked at her questionably, “Is something wrong?”

“No. It’s something great, actually. Hiro and I have been seeing each other for about five weeks now. We haven’t told you or Taka yet because of my sister, and we wanted you guys to be the first to know.” Rin said, biting her lip.

I stood there blinking at her before a smile crept up on my face, “Really? That’s great! I’m really happy for you both. I’m so glad it’s you.”

Rin stared at me in confusion, “You really think so? I’m so glad you approve. Just don’t tell Taka. I want it to be a surprise for when he comes back.”

“Got it. I won’t say a word. Does this mean we’ll be going on double dates now?” I teased.

“Definitely! I’ve already got a whole schedule of things for all of us to do when Taka gets back.” Rin joked.

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed. Rin let out a laugh and headed to the bedroom to grab the duffel bag.  Dreamer followed after her like a shadow. She walked out with a black duffel bag in tow and Dreamer following right behind her.

“Oi! Not today Dreamer. Maybe some other time. I have to get this bag to Hiro.” Rin said, patting Dreamer on the head.

“So uhh…how is your sister?” I asked, trying to be nice.

“Don’t know. Nobody has seen or heard from her since that stunt she pulled for two months.” Rin shrugged.

“So she’s missing then?” I asked.

“No. She just goes off like this sometimes then just pops back in like she never left. I do worry about her sometimes though.” Rin replied as she shook her head.

“I see. Well I hope you hear from her soon. Even though I didn’t like her much, I still care about her.” I said quietly.

“I know. You always care about others, and that’s what makes you a great person. I really have to go now before Hiro starts texting me like some crazy person. Oh and make sure you walk Dreamer.” Rin chuckled.

I looked at her with an arched eyebrow, “How did you-“

“Taka texted me before he left. He told me what happened. Well I gotta go. See you later, Toru.” Rin said as she waved after me.

I watched her walk down the hallway until I could no longer see her, and I closed the door behind me.

~~~

It was warm in my flat. I hardly spent much time here since I was always over at Taka’s place. This was the first night that I would be spending it alone. I slowly walked through each room before I felt my phone vibrate in my hands. It was a text from Taka.

Just landed. I miss you. I’ll text you tomorrow. Love you.

p.s. Stop moping. I can feel your depression from over here.

I had to laugh at that. He knew me so well. I crawled up in my bed and read his text over and over again until sleep finally consumed me.

                                                                     To Be Continued….