Lost and Found (Part One)

One Ok Rock

 

I woke up to a large brown paw pushed against my face. Having dreamer in bed with us was becoming a recurring thing now.

I slowly slid out of bed being careful not to wake up Taka. He looked like a small child all curled up in the bed.

Dreamer looked up at me before laying his head on Taka’s chest. I yawned and drug myself to the bathroom.

The bathroom had a faint smell of peppermint and cinnamon. Must be one of those automatic air fresheners, I thought.  I didn’t even bother to turn the lights on. What time is it?

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone off the kitchen counter. Eleven-thirty. Crap! We were supposed to meet up with Hiro today. I half walked and half ran into the bedroom to wake up Taka.

“Oi Taka! Wake up!” I said as I gently shook him.

Dreamer started Taka’s face and I watched as he popped open one eye. Taka began to yawn and rub his eyes.

“Aye. Is something wrong?” Taka asked through a yawn.

“Aren’t we meeting up with your brother for lunch? We have thirty minutes.” I choked out.

Taka mumbled something before he shot up out of the bed and started looking through his closet. I watched as he threw clothes all over the room. Dreamer walked over and started to sniff all of the clothes that were thrown on the floor. I laughed at that before I headed out to get dressed.

~~~

“Will you quit pacing around like that? You’re making me nervous.” I said, shaking my head.

“Sorry. I’m just so nervous. I wonder what this girl is like.” Taka said as he continued to pace around the front of the restaurant.

“I’m sure she’s great. Just relax, Taka.” I cooed.

Taka seemed to loosen up a bit at my words. Just then we saw Hiro walking hand in hand with a girl. Both Taka and I gasped in shock.

“Yuka. You’re dating my brother?” Taka choked out as they approached us.

“Nice to see you again, Taka. Yes. Your brother is very cute.” Yuka said through giggles.

I watched as Hiro’s face reddened. I cleared my throat trying to ease some of the tension.

“So uhh..Yuka…is Rin here also?” I asked.

Taka shot me a questioning glance but didn’t say anything. I watched a small smile creep up on Yuka’s face.

“She is. She wanted to join us. I hope that’s okay. She’s waiting for us inside.” Yuka said through questioning eyes.

“Yeah. That would be great.” I said.

“Are we ready to go in now?” Hiro chimed in.

“Yes.” Taka and I both said in unison.

~~~

This had to be one of the most awkward lunch dates I’ve ever been on. Yuka kept kissing on Hiro most of the time we were here. I could tell he was uncomfortable. Rin, Taka, and I made small conversations amongst each other. Every now and then we would hear Yuka giggle about something.

“I’m going next door for a minute. Hiro, will you join me?” Yuka calmly asked.

“Uhh….sure.” Hiro said.

Yuka grabbed his hand and led him to the store next door. The three of us left our table after our meals had been paid for, and we stepped outside.

“So, have you told him that you two are a couple now?” Rin asked.

“No. We were going to tell him today, but we had no idea he was with Yuka.” Taka said as he stared at the pavement.

“I see. Well you should tell him soon.” Rin suggested.

I lit up a cigarette and took a puff of it. Rin looked at me with a hurt expression.

“Aren’t you going to offer me one, Toru?” Rin asked, pretending to look hurt.

“Oh. Sorry. Do you smoke?” I asked, surprised by her reaction.

“Not at all. You still could have offered me one though.” Rin chuckled.

I laughed and blew out a puff of smoke from my lips.

“Should we go look for them?” Taka asked.

“Probably. My sister gets pretty grabby and obsessive when she wants something.” Rin said.

I threw my half used cigarette on the ground and stomped on it with my foot. All three of us headed into the store that was next door to the restaurant.

This store had mostly vintage clothing it. There were a few furniture items in it but it was mostly clothing.

“Okay. I’ll take the left half of the store. You guys take the right half. Communicate by text only.” Rin said as she walked off.

“I feel like we’re in a spy movie. Have you ever felt like that before, Toru?” Taka asked me.

I blushed a little. I wasn’t ready to tell him that I spied on him during his date with Yuka.

“Uhh…not really.” I mumbled.

I let Taka lead the way through our designated area of the store. The store wasn’t very big but it was crammed full of shelves and racks. Most of the good clothing was already sold, but a few interesting items remained. The vibrating from my phone startled me. It was a text from Rin.

Not in my area. What about you guys?

Nope. Nothing here. I’ll have Taka call Hiro.

Okay. I have to head home now. Text me when you find them. Bye.

Will do. Bye.

“So Rin said she couldn’t find them. Maybe you should call Hiro?” I told Taka.

“Good idea.” Taka said as he punched in something on his phone.

There was complete silence before someone answered the phone on the other line.

“Hello? Hiro, where are you guys?” Taka asked.

“You’re where?! Stay right there! I’m coming to get you.” Taka yelled as he hung up the phone.

“Well?” I asked.

“Yuka dragged him to a party three blocks from here. Let’s go get him.” Taka said.

Taka once again became the overprotective brother. His face was hardened and he looked like he was ready for war. This day was about to get MUCH more interesting.

                                                       To Be Continued….