Steps of a Stalker

One Ok Rock

 

                                               (Taka’s POV)

Something seemed to be bothering Toru yesterday and again today. I feel like he’s ignoring me. Did I do or say something wrong? I shrugged off the bad thoughts that corrupted my mind. He probably just had an off day, I thought to myself.

I threw on some casual clothes and shook my curly hair into place.

“Come on Dreamer. Let’s go to the park to meet with Yuka.” I said happily as I strapped the leash on to Dreamer’s collar.

He let out a happy bark as I led him out into the afternoon street.

                                              (Toru’s POV)

Taka said their date was here in the park. I glanced around the park to look for any familiar faces.

I suddenly spotted Dreamer and Taka walking up to a girl with long golden hair. The girl bent down to pet Dreamer and he happily her hand. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but it looked like they were laughing about something.

The group started to walk off in my direction so I quickly hid behind a tree that was nearby. Neither of them noticed my presence.

~~~

“So, have you been here before?” I asked Yuka while Dreamer tugged on the leash.

“Only a few times. I usually go to the one on West Side. It’s closer to where I work.” She said, smiling up at me.

I watched as strands of her long hair flew in the wind. I involuntarily tucked the hair behind her ears. She let out a quiet giggle and intertwined our hands. Her hands were so warm and soft as she gave me a gentle squeeze.

~~~

Are they holding hands, I thought to myself. I watched both of them like a hawk to see what would happen next. I didn’t hear a person walk up behind me.

“You know, it’s not nice to spy on people.” A feminine voice said behind me, causing me to jump and let out a squeal.

The girl just looked at me and giggled. This girl had similar features to Yuka only her hair was an aqua color and she had glitter stars on her cheek.

“Well it’s not nice to sneak up on people either.” I said, still startled by what just happened.

“Well let’s call it even then. Are you spying on the guy then?” She asked pointing in Taka’s direction.

“Yeah. I am. He’s my best friend.” I said as my cheeks reddened.

“I see. Well I’m looking after the girl he’s with. She’s my little sister.” The girl stated.

“Looks like we’re both spying then.” I chuckled.

“I guess we are. Want to spy on them together?” She asked me.

“Uhhh…sure. I guess so.” I replied.

I felt her slide her arm through mine as we took off in the direction that Taka and Yuka had gone.

“Looks like we’ve been spotted.” She said as she nodded towards Taka.

I looked over to where she nodded and caught Taka with Dreamer and Yuka heading our way. Busted, I thought. Taka had a slight smile across his face and Yuka had an annoyed look on her face.

“Rin! What are you doing here? You promised!” The younger girl said in an annoyed voice.

“Calm down, Yuka. I’m here with Toru.” Rin said, winking at me.

I felt a small blush form on my face. Taka just arched an eyebrow in surprise.

“Wow, leader. I didn’t know you had a date too.” Taka said.

“Yeah, well uhh…” I stumbled to find the right words.

“He just wanted to surprise you. We should probably go now Yuka. We have some stuff to do at home.” Rin said as she grabbed Yuka’s arm.

I watched in both shock and jealousy as Yuka planted a quick kiss on Taka’s cheek. His face reddened but he didn’t say anything. We just waved after the other two and watched them walk off.

“She seems….interesting.” Taka said, searching for the right words to say.

“Yeah. She’s definitely different. So how did your date go?” I asked.

“It was okay. I don’t think I’ll be going out with her again though. She’s cute but I felt like I was caught up in some school girl drama.” Taka chuckled.

I laughed at that and bent down to pet Dreamer. He was getting antsy and looked like he was about to fall asleep. I looked up to see a serious look form on Taka’s face.

“Are you going to see her again?” Taka asked.

“Maybe. I don’t know yet.” I lied.

“Well I don’t think she’s your type.” Taka said softly.

“Oh really, and who is my type then?” I teased.

“Well someone that can make you laugh, who can be your best friend, and knows how to put up with your motherly type instincts.” Taka said teasingly.

We both started laughing and I ruffled his hair before pulling him into a quick hug. Dreamer started to paw at our legs.

“We should probably get him home. I think he’s getting tired.” Taka said.

I just nodded at him and let him lead the way. If only I could call you mine, I thought to myself as we made our way back to his place.

                                                                          To Be Continued….