Speechless

One Ok Rock

 

    Another rehearsal wrapped up for the day. Taka was the last one to leave as usual. He walked outside into the cold night air. He clutched his jacket close to his chest, and braced the sudden gust of wind. It didn’t take long for him to reach his flat, but the fall weather was beginning to torment him. He fumbled with his house keys as he grabbed them out of his pocket. His hands were shaking as he jiggled the door knob of his familiar home. Taka knew he should have worn gloves as Toru had suggested, this morning, but he didn’t want to listen. Taka plopped down on his couch in front of the tv. This was the first time he was truly alone, and he hated it. Someone was always stopping by to visit or to stay for a few days, but this time nobody came. He was alone. Normally Tomoya would come over after practice, and play a few games, but this time he didn’t show. Taka stared at his phone and wondered if he should call someone to invite them over. It was already late at night, and most people were already sleeping. An audible sigh escaped his lips as he dragged himself to his bed. He hated to admit it, but he was pretty tired after todays practice. His bed was so inviting as he curled up under the covers. He felt a slight soreness in his throat but thought nothing of it as he drifted off to sleep.

 

   The next morning Taka woke up and checked his clock. Great. He was running behind this morning. Taka quickly scampered off into his bathroom to get ready, but a sudden knock on his door interrupted him. He tensed up for a moment before he walked towards his door. Tomoya and Ryota stood there greeting him. “Hey! Taka, did you forget about today? We have that photo-shoot in thirty minutes.” Tomoya said as he stared at the vocalist. “He’s not even dressed yet. Look, he’s still in his cute pajamas.” Ryota teased. They both started laughing at the curly haired guy. Taka tried to make a smart comment, but no words came out. He tried to speak again but again no words came out. His eyes widened in shock as he stood there panicking and gripping his throat. The other two members stopped laughing and stood in shock as they watched Taka. Ryota was the first to spring into action. “Taka, is your voice gone?” Ryota asked as he tried to calm the vocalist down. Take only shook his head “yes” as he still clutched on to his throat. “I’ll call Toru now and tell him what happened.” Tomoya said as he punched in numbers on his phone. Ryota led Taka to the couch to sit down.

   “Toru is on his way now. He’s going to bring you some medicine. You should probably go back to your bed and get some rest.” Tomoya said reassuring him. Taka nodded his head and went back to his bed. Ryota tried his best to make the bed more comfortable for Taka while Tomoya made some herbal drink for him. Taka pulled the covers over his head and tried his best to sleep. Tomoya walked into the room carrying a glass filled with a soothing drink. “Oi Taka, here take this. It’s hot though.” Tomoya said. Taka slid his hand out from under the covers and grabbed the glass. He raised up and slowly sipped at his drink.

   Toru arrived an hour later with a small bag of medicine. He poured some medicine into a small cup and handed it to Taka. Taka swallowed all of the medicine, and made a disgusted face before he slid back under the covers. The other band members tried to make themselves as useful as possible. Tomoya cleaned up the kitchen while Ryota took out all the trash, and Toru did all of the laundry.

   Every few hours Taka would wake up and Toru would give him another dose of medicine. It was early the next morning and the other members were exhausted. They all decided to crash in the living room. Toru and Ryota both shared the couch while Tomoya took the chair. Toru flipped on the tv and lowered the volume so he wouldn’t wake Taka up. The other two were already fast asleep, and eventually Toru followed shortly after.

    Hours later, Taka woke up and felt pretty energized. “Oh.” Taka said. A smile crept across his face as he spoke the word over and over again. He jumped up out of bed and let out a stretch before he headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast. On his way to the kitchen he spotted the other members passed out in his living room. He laughed silently to himself as he crept towards the fridge. Taka heard a shuffle from the other room, and looked to see Toru sitting up on his side of the couch. He watched as the leader stretched and slowly made his way towards him. “You feeling better today?” Toru silently asked. “Yeah. I feel great. Thanks.” Taka replied. He smiled at the leader as Toru smiled back and ruffled the vocalists’ hair. Ryota and Tomoya both woke up and looked at the other two. A few nods and yawns were exchanged. “So what are the plans today?” Tomoya asked, looking at Toru. “Well, we still have a photo-shoot to do. After that is anybody’s guess.” The leader said calmly. “We should probably do that after Taka changes out of his pajamas.” Ryota said, teasing Taka again. Taka gave a slight huff, and then let out a brief laugh. “Yeah. We should go after we all get out of our pajamas.” Taka replied.

   Everyone stood looking at each other. They were still in their clothes from the previous day. The room soon filled with laughter as bets on who would be the last one to get dressed would be. Taka smiled at each of them and let out a silent laugh. This was a bet that he wouldn’t lose. After all, Taka hated losing.

                                                                                   The End.