Follow The Leader

I'll Lead, You Follow

 

 

The auditorium was empty. Another successful concert had just wrapped up, and now everyone was getting ready to head home. The curly haired vocalist jogged over to the blonde guitarist that everyone called “leader.” Toru was busy putting his guitar away when he heard Taka’s cheerful voice behind him. Taka’s eyes were cheerful, and he was grinning from ear to ear. “The energy from the crowd tonight was great! Don’t you think so?” Taka said but Toru was busy zipping up his guitar case. “Huh? Oh yeah. It was a great show.” Toru said flatly. A small pout was made from Taka, but he didn’t say anything else. Taka mumbled something, and walked off the stage. Tomoya and Ryota were the next ones to approach the sullen leader. “Is something wrong, leader?” Tomoya asked, but he got no response. Tomoya didn’t press the issue further. He grabbed his drum sticks, and walked off the stage like Taka before him. Ryota carefully placed his hand on Toru’s shoulder. The leader flinched at the sudden gesture, but didn’t shrug him off. “Listen, I’m no good at these things. You’re the one who always gives the advice, but if you need to talk then I’m here for you.” With those words Ryota followed behind the other two, and left the stage. Toru was left alone with only his thoughts to keep him company. The leader wanted someone, anyone, to talk to, but what would he say. What could he say? How could he say it? The truth is that he’s in love with the curly haired vocalist. The one everyone calls, “Taka.” Taka. Just thinking about him made his heart feel like it would beat right out of his chest. Was it wrong to feel this way about him, about someone so close to him? Is this love or just lust? Toru shook his head. He would focus on his feelings later. His feelings could wait. Right now he just wanted to go home.

 

 

The leader silently cursed under his breath as he entered his flat. It was dark and he kept feeling around the wall before he found the light switch. The now lit up room was exactly as he left it. Toru put his guitar in his room and headed into the bathroom. He stripped out of his clothes and hopped into the shower. The hot water felt good on his aching muscles as he slid closer to the shower head. Toru stepped out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around his waist. He shook his blonde hair a few times, and headed into his bedroom.

 

 An energetic Taka stood in his room rocking back and forth on his heels. Taka had that same cheerful look that he had from earlier. A low sigh escaped Toru’s lips as he smiled at the vocalist. “So what brings you here?” Toru asked as he sat down on his bed. “The power went out in the whole complex so I need a place to stay tonight.” The vocalist eyes were beaming with joy. Taka looked like a small child that had received the best birthday present. Toru let out a small laugh and nodded his head. Taka smiled and ran towards Toru. The small vocalist wrapped his arms around the leaders’ waist and gave him a slight squeeze. Toru could feel his hot breath on his neck and felt his own heart beating loudly in his chest. The leader gave him a quick hug back before he shrugged Taka off, and headed back into the bathroom. Taka crossed his arms and began to pout as he waited for Toru to come out of the bathroom.

 

 Toru’s head began swimming with thoughts again. Does he have any idea what he does to me? Toru questioned as he stared at his face in the mirror. A grunt escaped his lips. He quickly threw on his clothes and headed back into his bedroom. Taka ran into Toru’s arms like a child does when they embrace their mother. The sudden embrace took Toru by surprise as he stumbled backwards a few steps. Toru looked down to see the curly haired guy staring up at him with pleading eyes. The leader smiled down at him and ruffled his curly locks. Taka made a weird face as he stuck his tongue out at him. Toru began to laugh loudly. This made Taka pout once again, but a sudden kiss on his forehead made him lose his train of thought. Taka’s eyes widened in shock at what just happened, but he smiled up at the leader and rested his head on his chest. Toru ran his fingers through the child-like vocalist hair, and whispered in his ear. “You are such a child sometimes.” Toru teased. “And you’re such a mother sometimes.” Taka teased back. Toru chuckled at his friend as he let go.

 

 Taka let out a low growl, but it only made Toru bust out laughing. He can be really cute when he wants to be, Toru thought. Toru took Taka’s face in his hand, and pulled Taka’s face to his so that they were at eye level. “Childish,” Toru mumbled. Just as Taka was about to make a face, he felt warm lips on his. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the brief moment before it was over. When he opened his eyes he saw Toru’s sparkling eyes staring at him. Toru didn’t say a word, he just smiled at him. Taka could feel his cheeks redden at what just happened. Before Taka could say anything, Toru said something that interrupted his thoughts. “So what shall we do tonight, child?” Toru asked through chuckles. Taka’s eyes lit up, and he chuckled. “The night is young, mother.” Taka teased. They both chuckled a little as Toru pulled Taka in for a final embrace.

                                                                                                                                    The End.