01

Scattered Heart

C H A P T E R 1 

"Shin hye ah, I'm sorry, really, I didn't meant it", begged Yong Hwa as he desperately hold Shin Hye's hand to stop her from going. "Let me go! I'm not hearing you! You didn't mean it? What a joke! You didn't mean it yet you slept with her!" yelled Shin Hye. 

"I didn't sleep with her! It's true that I'm going with her, but it didn't reach that step. I'm really, really just playing with her. I don't love her even a bit! It's only you that I love!"

"Liar! You have said such thing a hundred times! I've already given you enough chance, and this time.. It's really the end of us! Forget me and just play with that girl!

"Shin Hye! Why are you being ridiculous? It's normal in a relationship that maybe you cheat a few times... It's all just playing. You are the only girl that I truly love!" said Yong Hwa trying to defend himself.

"What a sick theory! I'm such a stupid girl for falling in love with you! You are a real jerk!", said Shin Hye angrily.

"Are you sure that you really want to break up with me? Don't you love me?" replied Yong Hwa with an intense look.

"I do love you, but... if loving you will hurt me like this, I'd better commit a suicide. Let me ask you back, have you ever love me? If you really love me, then let me go..." uttered Shin Hye with a tear formed in her eyes. Then, she went outside leaving Yong Hwa alone. Yong Hwa was taken a back with that words. It felt as if a knife stabbed him exactly in his heart. He felt that this time he will really lose Shin Hye.


Lee Seung Gi on the phone with Han Hyo Joo.

"Hyo Joo ah, I'm on my way to meet you. Sorry, for being late. Wait for me, okay?"

"What make you late, Seunggi? It's okay, Be careful on your way ya!

"Yeah, I will. I'm hanging up first."


Shin Hye drove her car with no concentration. She didn't know why she can said that to Yong Hwa. Break up? She can't imagine what will her life be without Yong Hwa. She loved him that much. She was sad, really sad. Why can Yong Hwa do this to her? What's missing from her? She is beautiful, wealthy, smart. She is almost perfect. She has already given everything to Yong Hwa...

Shin Hye was so busy thinking about it, that she didn't pay attention to the traffic. Suddenly, there's a car that went toward her. She panicly swerved her car to the left. She was succesfully avoided that car, but unfortunately another car was coming from the other direction. Collisions were unavoidable. 


She tried to open her eyes. She looked around. She didn't remember anything. All she knew that she felt pain on her body. Suddenly, her mom came in.

"Shin Hye, you are awake. Thankfully you didn't experienced any severe injury. You make me really worried..." said her mom as she caressed Shin Hye's hair.

"Mom, where am I? What happened to me?', asked Shin Hye confusely. "You don't remember? You've just experienced a car accident." answered her mother. 

"Car accident? Oh my God, yes I remember it now! Mom, are there another victims beside me?"

"Yes, there is 1 other victim. A guy."

"He is okay, right?"

"Unfortunately no. He has passed the critical situation, but he is in a coma now."

"Mom... What have I done? I'm the one who caused him to be like this..." cried Shin Hye.

"Shin Hye ah, this is an accident. It was just a badluck. Surely, we will bear all the medical expenses of him..." told her mother as she tried to calmed Shin Hye.

"How about his parent?"

"He was an orphan, Shin Hye ah..."

"Mom, I want to see him, please?" begged Shin Hye.


"What have I done? I'm such a fool! How can I drive a car uncarefully like that?" said Shin Hye to herself. The feeling of gulity filled her heart as she walked to the victim room. Room 781. And, this is the first meet. She saw him through the door glass. She didn't dare to enter the room. 

Suddenly, a nurse approached her from behind. "Are you the guy guardian? Since you're the only one who visited him." asked the nurse. Before she could answer it, the nurse continued her words. "I think you are. Here, take this this ring, I found this ring with the note inside the guy pocket." told the nurse then she left Shin Hye.

Without realizing it, she began to read the note. 

Hyo Joo ah, thanks for all of your love to me.

I'm really blessed to be able to found you.

I can't promise you a happy life, but I promise that I will always be there for you.

I love you.

Will you marry me?

- Lee Seung Gi

After Shin Hye read the letter, she bursted into tears...  She realized that she had done a really fatal mistake.