Real Cousin

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love Hate - F(x)

 

Chapter 9: Real Cousin.

“Why are you breaking in to my hyung’s place?!”

Jaera’s round eyes kept her stare on Sehun as the latter continued to pin her on the wall, giving off an intimidating stare.

Coming to her senses, Jaera managed to put on her annoyed face and pushed Sehun off of her. “What are you talking about?!”

“For your information, that unit belongs to my hyung, Lu Han.” Sehun scoffed, pointing to the block of wood posted on the door that states: 420.

“You know Lu Han?” Jaera asked, her heart beating at an incredulously fast pace.

Jaera thought everything would stop after introducing Lu Han to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, but turns out that there’s still another person that knows the two of them and he just have to be Sehun—the one and only person on Jaera’s hate list.

“Of course, I’d know Lu Han-hyung.” Sehun said, rolling his eyes at Jaera mockingly. “He’s my cousin.”

Oh and he’s not just her enemy—he’s Lu Han’s cousin.

“W-what the hell are you saying?” Jaera asked, giving Sehun an awkward laugh before slapping the latter’s arm lightly.

If Sehun is indeed Lu Han’s cousin, Jaera needs to stall some time before the owner of the unit arrives. Until then, she must change the topic and push the suspicions to him. “You? Cousin of Lu Han? Puh-lease.”

Though Sehun said that he’s the cousin of Lu Han, it’s too early to believe in his words. He’s Oh Sehun for Pete’s sake—the evillest person that was born a year earlier than her. He could just be making up things like being Lu Han’s cousin or even the fact that he knows him. Though it’s still suspicious why Sehun even knows his name. Lu Han did tell her about an older brother that he has, but he didn’t speak of a cousin that also goes to the same school as she does.

But then again, Sehun might’ve been following her again these past few days. That could be the reason as to why he knows Lu Han.

“I’m telling you that Lu Han-hyung is my cousin, he’s the first son of Uncle Yi Han and the younger brother of Kris-hyung!”

Upon hearing the name Kris, cold sweat began appearing on Jaera’s forehead. That was indeed the name of the older brother that Lu Han spoke of before.

But Jaera won’t believe Sehun just yet. He muttered an unfamiliar name, Yi Han, and she never heard it from Lu Han before. Sehun might just be guessing.

“And why the heck would I believe you?” Jaera retorted, furrowing her eyebrows towards Sehun in disbelief. “For all I know, you could just be making up things—“

“What’s with all the commotion here?”

In a blink of an eye, a curly head suddenly popped out from the door of the next unit, surprising Jaera and Sehun. Jaera turned towards the room 419 and got surprised to see Chanyeol staring at them. “Chanyeol-oppa—“

Curious of the sudden commotion, a smaller man walked out of room 419. “Yeol, what’s going on—Jaera!”

“Baekhyun-oppa…” Jaera called lifelessly, biting her lower lip as the two neighbouring household approached them curiously.

“What’s going on here, Jaera?” Baekhyun asked before eyeing Sehun, who only wore an indifferent look.

“It’s nothing.”

“Are you two the ones that live next door?” Sehun suddenly asked, still donning his blank expression.

Confused, Baekhyun and Chanyeol slowly nodded before turning to Jaera. “Who’s he?”

“He’s just a classmate—“

“You see, this girl right here,” Sehun said, grabbing Jaera’s shoulder tightly in front of him. “She’s trying to break in to my hyung’s place, room 420.”

“What are you—“ Jaera was about to yell when Chanyeol suddenly butted in.

“You mean Lu Han-hyung’s place?”

“Oh, you two must’ve met Lu Han-hyung before.” Sehun said, not letting go of Jaera.

“Yeah, we only got to meet each other formally recently.” Baekhyun said while Chanyeol nodded. “Jaera introduced us to him and vice versa.”

Hearing Baekhyun’s explanation, Sehun suddenly raised his left eyebrow. He then looked at Jaera confusedly as the latter just groaned in frustration.

Of all the times that Sehun’s been together with Lu Han, never did the older man speak of a high school girl as his acquaintance, friend or possible girlfriend, and she’s not just any high school girl—she’s Sehun’s classmate. Sure enough, Lu Han might be popular when it comes to women and he might’ve dated a few ones that piqued his interest before, but a high school girl? Seriously?

“You must’ve mistaken Jaera for a burglar.” Chanyeol added. “Jaera lives here together with Lu Han-hyung. They’re cousins.”

And right then and there, Sehun’s hold of Jaera suddenly loosened as he gave Baekhyun and Chanyeol a dumbfounded look. “But I’m Lu Han-hyung’s cousin—“

Before Sehun can even speak of his nonsensical claim, Jaera instantly pulled him inside the unit and slammed the door behind her.

“What are you—“

“What the hell do you want now, Oh Sehun?” Jaera said, giving Sehun a cold stare. “Can’t you just let me be alone even for once?!”

“That’s why I’m trying to tell you—“

“Tell me what? That you’re freaking stalking me?!” Jaera hissed, earning her a flabbergasted look from Sehun. “Aren’t you ashamed of what you’re doing?!”

“What?! I’m not stalking you—“

“Then what are you doing here? How will you explain your sudden appearance in this condo, huh?! It’s not like you actually live here!”

“I don’t—“

“See! You don’t live here!” Jaera exclaimed, raising her hands in the air like a madwoman. “The only reason as to why you’re here is because you really are stalking me!”

Getting cut off by Jaera for five times already, Sehun heaved a heavy sigh before glaring at the former. He could only take so much, and getting this treatment from a girl isn’t allowed. He’s Oh Sehun damn it, and no one cuts him off.

“I am not stalking you so could you let me finish what I’m saying?!”

In a split of a second, Jaera found herself being pushed on the wall again with her wrists getting pinned by Sehun beside her head. Jaera’s eyes widened dramatically at the sudden act and because of the proximity, the usual pale demeanour of her cheeks suddenly became rosy red.

It’s not every day that the two of them get so close like this, given the circumstances that they are the worst enemies. Even during their recital practice, Jaera would always try her best to keep a decent amount of distance between them, yet the dance itself practically forbids them to do so. Having Sehun’s presence brought to a very clear range of her vision, Jaera couldn’t help but unconsciously marvel at his sculpture like face. His crystal pale complexion, his high bridged sharp nose, and his pinkish curvy lips—all of it were comparable to a stone sculpture that can be seen in Rome.

And the deep and dark eyes that continued to stare at her orbs weren’t any joke either.

Jaera has always been wondering why the other girls in their school like Sehun so much.

“S-Sehun…”

And now she probably has the clue why.

“Oh, so you two already met?”

Without breaking away from each other, Jaera and Sehun turned towards the door only to see Lu Han watching them with an amused look. “And it seems that you two are in that kind of relationship.”

“Lu Han-hyung,” Sehun said, still grip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter