Secret's Eve

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Destiny - Infinite

*I used this since it gave a little bit of suspense, especially for the last part of the chapter. 

**LONG CHAPTER AHEAD. YEY!

Chapter 43: Secret’s Eve.

A week had passed since Jongmi told me about the real score between her and Lu Han, and even though it was a serious matter that would’ve most likely bothered me, I refrained myself from over thinking. At first, it utterly shocked me, making me think of various reasons as to why she would do something like that; however, I realized that it wasn’t something that I should stick my nose into. Sure, it involved Lu Han and I’m curious as hell, but I couldn’t possibly pry over family matters so thoughtlessly. If Jongmi wanted me to know more about it then she will tell me, but I wouldn’t dig deeper into the situation. Even if it rid me of my doubts regarding Jongmi’s real stand in Lu Han’s life, the explanation still involved the girl that he liked; the girl that Lu Han really liked, and if I think about it more, I’d probably be hurt again—worse than the last time.

And so during the past few days, I tried to distract myself with my studies. I never told Lu Han about my conversation with Jongmi and the meeting with his older brother, Chen, who looked oddly familiar to me. I deemed that maybe because he was Lu Han’s best friend so I didn’t question the familiarity any further. Lu Han as well, never brought up any topic in regards to the upcoming birthday celebration of Jongmi, but I realized that it was already a given so I just continued my usual life.

“On a count of three, I want all papers to be passed to the front.” Mr. Kim suddenly spoke, earning him groans from the whole class as I sighed in relief. Fortunately, I was able to answer the exams with ease, thanks to the effort I poured into studying for the past week. Not only did it let me get distracted, but it also paid off for my grades, which is seriously a good thing since I don’t think Lu Han would appreciate me having low marks again.

“So, how did it go?”

Passing my papers to the front, I saw Sehun looking at me with a raised eyebrow. Seeing him acting like how he usually does gave me an entirely different kind of comfort. Lots of things had happened already, things that Sehun didn’t deserve, and even if it was too much, I felt glad that we were back to normal. I felt better knowing that both of us were slowly coping.

“Fine, I believe.” I said, keeping my pencil case back in my bag as he did the same. “And you?”

Giving me a satisfied smile, he then answered. “Never better.”

The air around us had returned to its usual state—happy and lighthearted—and it took me a whole lot of willpower to not stay still and just relish in the moment. Just in time, Mr. Kim had managed to catch our attentions all too quickly once he spoke about a few reminders before we finally have our winter break. It was only some brief notes, so the whole class didn’t have any complaints. Christmas was finally approaching and everyone was at their best emotions, thankfully.

“… and that’s it.” Mr. Kim said, stacking the exam papers on the desk before flashing a wide grin. “We’ll see each other next year, and enjoy the holidays!”

In no less than ten seconds, the whole room suddenly went haywire with the students shouting and laughing altogether. On regular days, Mr. Kim would’ve immediately scolded everyone, but since he knew and understood why the rest were acting like so, he just chuckled and left the room afterwards. Sehun and I as well, just shook our heads amusingly before wearing our coats and scarves. We then got out of the room, but not without bidding goodbyes toward Haeri and Soyeol, who smiled at me knowing that Sehun and I were okay again.

“Finally, the winter break!” Sehun exclaimed, stretching his arms upwards as we walked down the stairs filled with students. “I will seriously sleep all day long starting tomorrow.”

“But don’t you have work tomorrow?” I asked, eyeing Sehun with a raised eyebrow as he gasped lightly. “Now that the holidays are fast approaching, Baekhyun and Chanyeol-oppa would need all the help that they can get.”

“I totally forgot about that,” Heaving a heavy sigh, he then turned to me with a chuckle afterwards before nodding. “But fine, I’ll still go to work—“

“Jaera, Sehun! Why did you leave me back at the room?!” A familiar voice suddenly called, causing for both Sehun and I to stop just right by the school gates. Turning around, a quite irritated Tao came to our sights, panting heavily with smoke coming out from his lips.

Returning his blank facial expression, Sehun shrugged smugly. “Oops, sorry.”

“Well, that’s such a sincere apology.” Tao rolled his eyes, approaching us as both Sehun and I chuckled. He then smiled a moment later and tapped Sehun’s shoulder. “It’s nice to see you two finally talking again though.”

Seeing Tao’s happy smile, Sehun and I turned to each other knowingly before nodding. It really is good to finally be able to talk to Sehun again. “Yeah, it sure is.”

Both Sehun and I were gazing at each other, trying to revel in the present that was already fixed. The once empty and bitter stare he had was gone now; instead, only the satisfied and full eyes of his were there. It was rich and beautiful, and right then and there, I realized that I was blessed; lucky enough to have someone like Sehun by my side.

“Okay… please remember that I’m still here though.” Tao suddenly spoke up, successfully breaking the small interaction between me and Sehun. He then looked at us slyly before chuckling. “Before this turns into an episode, I think we should go now. Lu Han-hyung wouldn’t appreciate us being late, especially when he even took the day off just so we could pick out our attires for Jongmi’s birthday.”

“What do you mean—“ Finally understanding Tao’s words, I then froze in place as I instinctively turned to look at Sehun, whose eyes were already darted towards the black mustang parked not far from our place. With my heart beating at an incredulously fast rate, I swallowed hard and tried to look through his poker expression, which apparently, wasn’t successful. “Sehun…“

“Sehun.”

Approaching us in his black suit, Lu Han kept his gaze straight towards Sehun who did the same. It’s as if time suddenly went slow that each step taken by Lu Han became agonizingly daunting. Not to mention the solid gaze they held for each other, it wouldn’t take a genius to notice that the atmosphere was tensed and that something was wrong—completely wrong.

It was excruciating, seeing the two of them in a completely different atmosphere than the one that usually surrounded them. I know that Sehun never blamed me, nor did he blame Lu Han for feeling broken, but it was a fact that I know; a fact that my feelings for his cousin was the one that caused him pain, and I couldn’t help but feel all restless inside. I’m not even sure if Lu Han does indeed know of what really happened, but it didn’t matter anymore for it was obvious that there’s something going on with the two of them. Them being in such a situation shouldn’t have happened; their relationship shouldn’t have been impaired if it weren’t for me, and seeing them now, I just wanted to disappear.

“Hyung,” Sehun finally answered, his raspy voice resonating in the cold air as both Tao and I froze in place, not knowing what to do. Lu Han kept still as well, having no plans of averting his gaze away from his cousin amidst the anxiety brought upon him.

I thought it was forever, being placed under such an unbearable situation between Lu Han and Sehun, without having any capability nor right to interfere. Time was ticking and nothing but the apprehension was on my mind. It was, however, replaced by mixed feelings of relief and surprise once Sehun took the initiative to speak again, completely breaking the fearful atmosphere.

“I missed you.”

In a blink of an eye, Sehun was already engulfed into a tight hug by Lu Han, giving way for smiles coming from both Tao and me. At that moment, I completely understood how loyal Sehun is and how faithful his heart is to Lu Han. I envied Sehun for it was something that not anyone can easily give, but for him, it took no effort and hesitation; a resolution that only he does so willingly.

“You brat,” Lu Han mumbled, his voice being muffled by Sehun’s scarf. He then let go of Sehun once he heard his soft laughter. “I missed you more.”

It was beautiful, their love for each other; a fine connection that only the two of them could ever have.

“Gah! What is up with you people?!” Tao shrieked, pulling his hair in frustration as he watched the two cousins interact with such contempt. “Can we just please get on with our lives and shop for my suit?!”

“Our suits and Jaera’s dress.” Lu Han corrected, earning him a low grunt from Tao. Puzzled by their words, both Sehun and I then turned to Lu Han in inquiry, only to receive a smile—one of which the two of us haven’t seen in a while. “We’ll just have some cousins’ bonding time... with our pet panda, of course.”

 

 

 

 

 

Living up to his morals of being a gentleman, Sehun quickly got down from the left back seat and dashed towards Jaera’s side, opening the door for her. The gesture made Jaera smile, and she quickly followed upon his manners as she gave her hand to him and got down from the car as well. As soon as they were out, the driver nodded towards Sehun as he smiled lightly, watching as the car zoom off towards the parking lot allotted for the guests. Turning back to Jaera, a hint of sparkle managed to flash across Sehun’s eyes as he gazed at her. With her dark hair styled effortlessly into big soft curls, Jaera’s pale complexion was then accentuated by a black fifty’s brocade cocktail dress as her feet stood in a matching black strap pumps, elongating her slender legs.

At that moment, Sehun knew that she was a natural; amidst the dark colour of her attire, her innate beauty never failed to shine. It inhibited him, causing for him to fall into a short reverie—one of which he didn’t want to leave—for Jaera just looked like an angel in his eyes. Everything about her charmed him; more so upon seeing her small rosy lips curving to a smile.

“Sehun, you look good.” Jaera said, eyeing Sehun with a smile which caused for the male to become frozen. Albeit, his inhibition soon came to a stop once he heard a few familiar voices nearing their location. “Oh, Lay, Xiumin-oppa… and Tao?”

Confirming that it was indeed the three, Sehun internally groaned a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter