Silver White

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White Day - Girl's Day

Chapter 37: Silver White.

“Everyone already got their own invitations?” Suho asked, eyeing the whole class as each and every student passed dark blue envelopes around. Seeing as everyone was able to get their own each, Suho nodded in satisfaction and smiled. “Okay, now that that’s settled—“

“Can we go home now?” Tao exclaimed, his eyes twinkling in delight as his adviser only gave him a stern look.

“Not yet, I still need to brief you guys about the dress codes and such.” Suho said, causing for the whole class to groan. Indeed, they were excited for the prom, but having to hear the male’s explanation which they have already heard before for about two times already was quite tiring. “This year, the theme will be masquerade and…”

Every year, a week after the foundation week, the annual Seoul School of Performing Arts prom was usually held. It was only for the high school students though, but outsiders as dates were still allowed. Every year the theme varies, coming from shakesperean, medieval, and such, but the rules and regulations actually stay the same. The rules were really common sense though and the dress code was really simple, to be honest. Just something formal and prim—nothing too revealing. It was a simple explanation yet Suho just have to make everything longer. The students experienced this kind of event for two years already but the male still thinks that it was only their first time. It irked them, honestly, but it was better to just listen since it would be their last time anyway.

Like the rest of his classmates, Sehun wasn’t listening to Suho anymore. As soon as he received his invitation, he had already forgotten about the older male’s presence. However, unlike the rest who were itching to go home in boredom, he was actually nervous. He was wearing a blank expression, but deep inside, his heart was already pounding rapidly. He was facing the front where their adviser was, but his eyes, they were drifted to his left seatmate, watching how her reaction would go along as the topic of the prom was opened.

Although as expected, the girl was wearing a bored look. Her invitation was already kept inside her bag, obviously not interested with the piece of dark blue envelope. Sehun had already known that she has always been like that ever since, that she wasn’t the type to be all giddy about such events seeing as she never attended before, but for some reason, a part of him still hoped that she would show even a tiny bit of interest. He felt pathetic, feeling all nervous, anxious, restless, and every possible feelings that he could possibly feel, and yet the girl that he wanted to ask out as a date, wasn’t even the least bit affected. He couldn’t blame her though, for she knew nothing about how he feels. She was clueless about everything, but Sehun couldn’t help but hope that even by just a bit, she would be more mindful.

Seeing Suho walk out of the room, the whole class immediately got noisy and the school bell rang, letting Sehun know that they were already dismissed. Looking at the other side of the room, lots of boys were already piled around Haeri’s desk. Some on the other hand, were already hurrying out into the hallways, possibly hoping to ask other girls from other sections.

Honestly, Sehun envied them and their courage. How he wished that he could be that brave too.

“Hey Soyeol!” Tao’s voice boomed from across the room, gaining the attention of the girl and Sehun. The other girls who were aiming for Tao immediately looked up, their eyes wide in fear of what he was about to say. “Be my date for the prom!”

Silent cries were heard from the girls upon confirming their assumption—Tao indeed asked Soyeol out for the prom, rather, he ordered her to be one. It was heartbreaking, obviously disappointing especially since Soyeol herself didn’t even look interested, but they made no attempt in arguing with her for they knew how she is—her and her not quite pleasant reputation of being a troublemaker.

“Sure, just message me where we’ll meet!” With a dry nod, Soyeol then shouted back before yelling rowdily at the boys who were surrounding her friend, Haeri. “Hey guys, off!”

Seeing how everything unfolded right in front of his eyes, Sehun swallowed hard and turned back to his seatmate. The girl was fixing her bag and no person was around except for him. Breathing heavily, he then saw her head shot up with a sweet smile, causing for his heart to pound even more. The ordeal was hard, but he had to do it. He doesn’t know how to ask and he might even get rejected, but he didn’t care. All he needs right now is to just say everything and just worry later. “Jaera, would you—“

“Jaera, Sehun, Kai-hyung called me and he said he’s picking us up since he wants to eat at Baekhyun and Chanyeol-hyung’s place! He’s already downstairs!”

At the sound of Tao’s loud voice, Sehun immediately covered his face with both of his hands and plopped his head on top of his desk. He felt angry, sad, disappointed, and ashamed. His face was red and his cheeks felt hot. Just when he finally mustered up all of his courage, his idiot of a friend just had to ruin everything. Even if he knew that his friend didn’t know anything about his real plans, he still was angry and ashamed. Angry because his attempt was messed up, and ashamed because he was acting like a girl when he shouldn’t be doing so in the first place. He’s Oh Sehun for goodness’ sakes—he’s manly, not sissy.

Seeing the unusual act of his friend, Tao scrunched up his face and eyed him weirdly. “What’s wrong with you, dude?”

“Piss off.” Sehun mumbled, gritting his teeth in annoyance as he slowly raised his head. Upon making sure that his face was already back to its normal shade, he finally removed his hands only to see Jaera’s face right in front of him. “Jaera! What are you—“

“Hey, are you okay?” Jaera asked, her eyebrows creased as she stared at Sehun. She then placed a hand on his forehead, thus causing for the male’s cheeks to become flushed again. “Can you still work today? You don’t look so good…”

“I-I…” Sehun stuttered, trying to maintain his calm exterior even though his wide eyes and pink cheeks were already giving him away. After what seems like forever of staring right back at Jaera, all the while admiring the girl’s soft facial features, Sehun eventually snapped out from his mild stupor and stood up, turning away towards the door. “I-I’m fine, just feeling a bit hot. Come on, let’s go.”

“Oh, okay.” Jaera nodded, following behind Sehun and Tao as they made way for the school grounds where Kai was parked.

It was drastic, Sehun’s lack of focus. He felt stupid again for thinking up of a lame excuse such as feeling hot when it was already late autumn. However, that wasn’t the main point. The fact that he was acting like a complete dork right now was seriously annoying the hell out of him. He wasn’t usually like this but because of some petty high school prom, he involuntarily acts like so. It irks him, so, so much. He can’t even ask Jaera out properly. Where has the manly and proud Sehun gone?

“You sure you’re okay, Sehun? You’re seriously out of it today.” Jaera’s voice rang across Sehun’s ear, managing to snap him out of his thoughts. It was a feat, seeing as not even Kai nor Tao’s teasing or laughter managed to faze him throughout the whole car ride. Only Jaera was the one that managed to distract him. “You could just take a day off, you know. I could just help Baekhyun and Chanyeol-oppa today since there’s not much customers anyway. Don’t force yourself.”

Seeing the very apparent worry on Jaera’s face, Sehun paused for a moment and heaved a heavy sigh. What was he doing? How could he make Jaera worry? He was too drowned in his own issues that he didn’t even think about how the girl would feel. He was too busy acting like an awkward boy undergoing through puberty that he didn’t even take notice of his surroundings. The aftermath made him guilty, especially seeing Jaera’s worried look. She has already so much to think about, he shouldn’t have added more to it.

With a heavy sigh, Sehun shook his head and mustered up a small reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, I’m fine, really. I was just thinking of something.”

“If you need anyone to talk to,” Jaera said, entering through the back door of the restaurant as Sehun followed behind her. “Keep in mind that I’m always here for you.”

Sehun would be lying if he said that he’s not bothered nor anxious anymore, but compared to how he was awhile ago, he was now able to keep himself in check. His mind was still filled with the thoughts of the prom, but seeing Jaera working hard, donning a smile for every customer that she served for, he was able to keep his composure and also work hard himself. There’s still a few days left before the event itself anyway, Sehun would have plenty more time to think about things thoroughly and sort out his issues.

The whole afternoon fortunately passed by rather calmly. With the restaurant being spacious for the day, Jaera and Sehun didn’t have a hard time. Baekhyun and Chanyeol as well, were rather relaxed for the day, but mostly for the former’s part because Kai and Tao—two handsome men—stayed till closing to wait for Jaera and Sehun.

“I wish I could attend the prom too,” Baekhyun said, taking a rest beside Tao and across from Kai.

Kai nodded in agreement and pouted as well. “Too bad they’re only for the high school students.”

“But hyung,” Tao said, stirring his iced tea with his straw while looking at Baekhyun and Kai with wide eyes. “Outsiders are allowed as dates.”

“I’d just ask my Chanyeol to take me out on a date.” Baekhyun proudly stated, eyeing Chanyeol, who was cleaning up at the counter, lovingly, causing for Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter