Inferiority

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lost Puppy - IU

Chapter 27: Inferiority.

In no less than 2 weeks after the summer break, classes returned back to how they usually were. The lessons were rushed once again and students were back to their stressful lives, but nonetheless, it was already a norm that it didn’t really bother them that much. Being in a performing arts school, the grades were mostly based on their stage performances and recitals. Written exams were only about 20-30%.

Though indeed, written exams didn’t take much part in the school’s grading system, the teachers and students alike still make sure to give enough importance to it. While majority of the students took their time to catch up, barely keeping an average to better scores, some still worked harder and stayed behind class hours just to keep their grades on the top. Being that they weren’t getting a decent grade from the recitals and performances, the written scores were their only way to save their overall grades.

All in all, the students approach towards their school lives were different, but it didn’t make any individual any better among the rest. All of them were back to their usual lives and even if the summer break was fun while it lasted, life still goes on.

“I know I’m already a tad too late in saying this but,” Soyeol said, lowering the music sheet she was holding as she gave both Jaera and Sehun a look of disbelief. “I never thought the day would come where I’d be seeing these two individuals together without fighting or even lashing out at each other.”

Jaera and Sehun immediately turned to each other in confusion before turning back to Soyeol. “Are you serious? We’ve been seatmates since the start of the school year so ever since then, we’ve technically been together.”

Hearing the girl’s choice of words, Sehun can’t help his inner self to be a bit excited. The way Jaera phrased her words, it seemed as if they were actually together—together like lovers. It was childish, Sehun knew, and he was also well aware that the sentence didn’t really have an underlying meaning, but it still made his conscious giddy and alert. In a way, it could be his source of gratification.

“That’s why I said ‘without fighting or even lashing out at each other’, right?” Soyeol raised her fore and middle fingers in the air while gesturing quotation marks. She then snorted before crossing her arms. “And actually, I’ve always been wondering why you two have to hide it in the first place.”

“Count me on that one.” Tao added, nodding at Soyeol with a displeased look. “They didn’t tell me anything either and to think that I am their close friend.”

“Who said we were close?” Sehun retorted with his infamous blank stare, causing for Tao to pout.

“You always say that but I know you can’t live without me.”

“Oh yeah? Try me.”

“Uh guys, maybe Jaera and Sehun have their own reasons for that,” Haeri suddenly voiced out, peeking her eyes out from behind her music sheet to take a glance at the front. “And I think this conversation could just continue later. We’re the 1st group to present to Mr. Kim anyway—“

“Or maybe these two…” Soyeol started, her music sheet being crumpled by her hands in excitement as she looked at Jaera and Sehun before being met by Tao’s sly grin. “…are in an uous relationship!”

Jaera and Sehun simply gave a dry laughter in response while shaking their heads. The accusation was ridiculous and absurd by all means so it didn’t bother them even the least bit. Tao, on the other hand, found it possibly funny that he joined forces with Soyeol. “Oh! That’s possible!”

“I’m a genius. Yes, yes, I know.” Soyeol huffed, raising her head in the air haughtily.

“Soyeol, Tao, I think we should really just continue this later—“

“But since Sehun’s the cousin of Lu Han-hyung from his father’s side while Jaera’s from his mother’s, theoretically, they’re not real cousins, right?” Tao continued, raising an eyebrow towards Soyeol as he completely dropped his music sheet on the floor.

“If that’s the case, then you do have a point.” Soyeol said, pressing her lips into a thin line before staring back at Tao. “But then again, they’re related to each other through Lu Han-ssi’s blood…”

Having enough of being ignored, Haeri breathed heavily before slapping her music sheet on her lap. “Yah you two, I already told you to stop or Mr. Kim might see and notice that we’re not practicing!”

Finally taking notice of the other girl’s presence in their group, Soyeol and Tao turned to Haeri’s direction with dissatisfied looks. “Ey, you’ve always been the killjoy, Haeri.”

“Tao’s right. Mr. Kim’s too busy to notice us anyway—“

“Oh, I already noticed you three since the beginning, Lim Haeri, Park Soyeol and Huang Zitao.” The familiar voice of their class adviser suddenly called from the front as the three students froze on the spot. They then noticed the weird stares from their classmates before finally facing Mr. Kim. “So I assume Soyeol already knows where the detention room is? As for Haeri and Tao, since it’s their first time, just lead them the way later after class, okay?”

Tao’s face fell as Soyeol hesitantly nodded in response. Haeri, on the other hand, gritted her teeth discreetly as she shot a glare towards the two. Mr. Kim just gave them one last smile before going back to supervising the other groups, coughing lightly in the process.

“Well, Karma reacts pretty quickly.” Sehun remarked, showcasing a mocking smirk as Jaera chuckled at sight of him being ganged up by the three.

It was unfortunate to have detention just right after the summer break, Jaera can understand, but even so, she’s happy. Happy to see that even with all the stress coming from the school and whatnot, Sehun, as well as the others, still find time to be relaxed. The boy was slowly opening up to others, even if he was still a bit conceited, but it was surely a refreshing sight to see.

 

 

 

 

 

“You think Soyeol and Tao would be able to get home alive?” Jaera asked, turning to Sehun with a playful smile on her face as the latter just smirked.

“Maybe yes, maybe no, we can never tell.” Sehun responded with a shrug. “But I didn’t know that the class president, Lim Haeri, has quite a temper.”

“She’s usually just reserved as far as I know, but I guess Soyeol and Tao went overboard this time.” Jaera chuckled, arriving at the last step of the staircase. “I mean, uous relationship? Seriously?”

“Yeah, it’s really absurd,” Sehun said, walking side by side Jaera as they reached the school quadrangle. “But even so, it’s quite funny. I actually liked it.”

Realizing what he just said, Sehun saw Jaera giving him a questioning look. He was about to speak when the two of them noticed a familiar red car stopping just in front of them. The glass window then slowly went down, revealing a smiling Kai. “Hello there Jaera, Sehun. Looks like I’m just right on time.”

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Sehun asked, surprised to see the older male.

“Classes just ended.” Kai said before pointing to the back door. “Want a lift?”

Sehun turned to Jaera as if asking permission from the girl. The latter just gave him a small smile before noticing the presence of another female seated on the passenger’s seat. “Jongmi?”

Hearing her name being called, Jongmi leaned closer towards Kai and waved at Jaera and Sehun. “Hi Jaera, Sehun!”

“What is she doing here?” Sehun asked, a bit of displeasure slowly becoming visible on his face.

“I’m just going to drop Jongmi home before going somewhere.” Kai said, ignoring Sehun’s displeasure. “So… you coming with us?”

Sehun just heaved a heavy sigh in return when his phone suddenly buzzed. Upon looking at the caller id, he quickly looked back at Kai with a slightly better expression. “Maybe next time, I just remembered I have to go somewhere.”

“Oh, is that so? Can’t be helped then.” Kai nodded in understanding before turning to Jaera. “How about you?”

“Uh no, It’s fine. I’ll just take the bus with Sehun—“ Jaera was about to decline the offer when Jongmi suddenly got down from the car and went towards her.

“How about we go out today? Only the two of us!” Jongmi exclaimed, clinging on to Jaera’s arm with a hopeful smile. “I don’t have anything left to do today anyway, so we might as well just spend some time with each other!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter