Peculiar

My Foster Guardian Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heart Attack - EXO

Chapter 15: Peculiar.

Since there’d be no more incoming activities like the semestral recital, the teachers were more than happy to go back to their normal schedules. The recital took a lot of their time, their customary advanced lessons became delayed, and their energies were wasted on preparing the stage for the recital. Instead of making them have a break, the president of the school assigned the faculty members to organize the event and seeing as they can’t oppose to it, they just followed half-heartedly.

Doing the job definitely made them realize that they’d rather teach unwilling students than to set up a stage that is only to be used for a night.

Likewise, after the semestral recital of the Music department, the students finally went back to their usual school works and classes. Not everyone that performed was given a high grade but on the contrary, everyone was able to pass. Achieving a high grade wasn’t really included in their expectations, but the mere fact that they passed without having to work hard on the written exams was more than enough. Every student in the Music department would rather perform than study—well, most of them anyway.

“Since we’re in a hurry in catching up with the other departments, I want you all to advance read chapter six and seven.” Mr. Lee, the class 3-1’s history teacher, announced, earning him small grunts from the students. “Don’t complain now or else I’ll move your quiz from Friday to tomorrow.”

“No! We’d rather read our books than take a quiz tomorrow!” Tao whined rather childishly, causing some of the girls to giggle while the boys nodded in agreement with him.

Sehun, on the other hand, kept placid as he waited for the petty conversations of the classroom to finish. He was getting impatient with all the fuss over the quiz and the homework when he noticed the unusual mood of his left seatmate. The said girl had her chin propped down on the palm of her left hand while staring blankly outside through the window.

Through the times that Sehun knew her, she wasn’t really attentive in class. She wasn’t a scholar because she’s good in studying, but rather because she has a talent for singing—the main reason why she was in the Music department. Going back, the girl usually stays blank during lessons and sometimes, just rarely, copies notes from the board. If you look at her right now, she looks exactly just the same, but Sehun’s different. He has an eye for things like this.

And however way he sees the girl, there’s definitely something off about her.

“Okay, class dismissed.” Mr. Lee said, bringing his things in the cradle of his arms before looking back to the already disoriented classroom. “And don’t forget to read your book, okay?”

The students just nodded in response as they continued their businesses with their friends—obviously not having the least bit of care about their teacher.

“, what’s with the face?”

Jaera raised her head from her things only to see Sehun with a raised eyebrow, watching her every move while still seated on his chair. “What are you up to now, jerk?”

“Nothing, geez.” Sehun scoffed, giving Jaera a displeased look. “I was just wondering what’s up with you. You look so distracted, like something’s off.”

“It’s nothing. You’re just being paranoid.” Jaera said nonchalantly, finally done keeping her stuffs. She then slung her bag over her shoulders and stood up from her seat, ready to go out of the room.

“It doesn’t look like it’s nothing.” Sehun followed, still keeping his gaze on Jaera as they started walking down the hallway. “And for the record, I’ve never been a paranoid. Maybe you are.”

“I told you it’s nothing. I’m just the one who’s being paranoid.”

“See, you do admit it.” Sehun retorted, causing for Jaera eyes to squint.

“Why do you keep asking anyway? It’s not like it’s bothering you—“

“It is bothering me.” Sehun interrupted. Jaera halted on her steps for mere seconds before deciding to walk with Sehun again. “Don’t get me wrong, but I don’t really like seeing you getting distracted nor confused.”

Seeing the sincere look on Sehun’s eyes, Jaera can’t help but just give in. The arrogant and princely attitude of the boy was still there and she’s sure that he might possibly , but they’re friends now. Though it’s her first time, it wouldn’t hurt to share her thoughts to him, would it?

“Fine, I’ll tell you but it’s nothing big actually.” Jaera said, heaving a heavy sigh.

“Just tell it straight.”

“You know that bad feeling when you sense that something’s not right? Like something ominous is going to arrive? It’s been going on since the day after the recital and I don’t really know why.” Jaera explained, her face displaying an anxious look as Sehun bit his lower lip.

“Well, I haven’t really experience that so I wouldn’t know.”

Hearing the response from Sehun, Jaera just shrugged. “Well, it’s worth a try—“

“Oh! Oh! I know that feeling!”

Jaera and Sehun turned heads towards to their right upon hearing the familiar voice only to see a giddy Tao staring at the two of them with his big wide eyes.

“Since when have you been walking with us?” Sehun asked, annoyed and a bit confused at the sudden appearance of the tall Wushu expert.

“Uh, since we left the classroom?” Tao replied like it was the most obvious answer. Sehun just rolled his eyes at the sarcastic response whereas Jaera stared at him curiously.

“What do you mean you know the feeling?”

“Where was I? Oh yes that,” Tao pondered, rubbing his chin as they continued walking. “I know how it feels to have a bad premonition because when I was still in grade school, I decided to skip school and Wushu practice and just, you know play outside, take a breather…”

“Then what happened?”

“For the whole day, my heart was restless. Not like when you see someone you’re attracted to, it’s just you know, like nervousness?” Tao questioned, not really sure of the words he’s using. “I was out of focus and I can’t even enjoy everything that I did for the whole day. Even eating Gucci Bears didn’t make me feel satisfied or happy and I kept having goose bumps all day long. It’s like nothing was going right that day.”

“And the reason is?”

“When I got home, I found out that my mom knew about me skipping class and practice, and she was so mad! I was grounded for, I don’t know, a month?”

“That’s not so long.” Sehun commented, putting on an unimpressed look while Tao just narrowed his eyes.

“I couldn’t eat Gucci Bears for a month, you expressionless freak!”

Hearing Tao’s childish name calling made Jaera burst out in hysterical laughter. Sehun, on the other hand, had his eyes twitch in annoyance but managed to keep his placid expression in place. The tall Gucci lover was seriously asking for some hardcore bullying.

After finally getting over her hysteria, Jaera regained her composure and turned to Tao with a proud smile. “So you’re saying that what I’m feeling right now is like a forewarn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter