Six Minutes and Family

The Day Will Come

 

Omathan flicked his wand, turning the fire aside and sending it crashing into the first few ranks of trees surrounding the clearing and setting them alight. In return, he brandished his wand sending a silver streak of energy towards Minho. Collapsing to his knees and rolling to the side he landed slightly off his feet. Where he had stood moments before, a nimbus had appeared pulsating. Minho watched in fascination as the nimbus contracted growing smaller and smaller before disappearing. 

 

Turning, Minho found Omathan standing calmly, his wand held aloft, “Neat spell,” Minho stated in a taunting tone.

 

Twirling his wand he started walking towards Omathan sending jinxes, hexes, and curses indiscriminately towards Omathan who surprisingly was falling back. Minho’s triumph was short lived however as Omathan snapped his arm back and then forward sending the branches from a tree towards Minho, flying through the air, a fine layer of sawdust trailed behind as the branches sharpened themselves in preparation to spear Minho.

 

Minho swept his wand in an arc causing the branches to complete their transformation into sawdust. The fine layer landed on the ground. Flicking his wand again Minho sent a strong blast of air towards Omathan intending to blast him back into the now ablaze trees surrounding the clearing. The heat was already almost unbearable. Omathan stuck his arm out and around it, around his head redirecting the air behind his back and around his front towards Minho. 

 

“!” Minho yelped twisting on his heel in an attempt to apparate out of the way forgetting that an anti apparation jinx was disabling anyone from apparating in or out. Minho let out a groan as for the second time in five minutes he found himself slammed against the wall of the small home. Staggering to his feet he pushed his wand out in front of him he yelled “CONSTANS MAGICAS SCUTUM!” his arm shuddered as his shield absorbed spell after spell. Stepping backwards he had no chance to stop shielding himself and return the favor of trying to kill Omathan. And to make it worse he was tiring rapidly, whatever spells Omathan was sending his way were extremely powerful causing him to quickly lose what was left of his remaining energy reserves. 

 

Minho realized that he had no chance of defeating Omathan at this point and he had made a pretty crappy run of it in the first place lasting a grand total of six minutes. He was sweating like a racehorse while Omathan wasn’t even breathing hard. Knowing that Omathan fully intended to kill him Minho decided for one last try. Killing his shield spell Minho tapped his chest with his wand using the same spell he had used to enter Lucious Malfoy’s cell. His body now lighter he moved with blinding speed half smoke and half flesh. Slamming into Omathan with his body Minho managed to make the larger man stagger. 

 

Grabbing onto Omathan’s wand wrist Minho thought briefly he might have a chance, that naïve thought was dispelled as Omathan’s opposite hand crashed into Minho’s face. Landing roughly on the ground Minho knew his jaw was broken. His wand lay on the ground next to him. Diving for it he missed as it was snatched away by Omathan’s hand. Panicking now, Minho’s primal instincts took over; reaching up he grabbed Omathan by the front of his robes. However strong Minho was Omathan, was almost twice his size and much larger. 

 

Omathan slammed his knee into Minho’s stomach causing him to gasp in pain and let go, As Omathan straightened Minho grabbed at him one more time this time his hand closed around Omathan’s necklace. Giving a yank Minho pulled it off knowing that it didn’t matter because Omathan was raising his wand, preparing for the kill. 

 

Gulping Minho closed his eyes as a tear leaked out, all that he had worked for, all that he had achieved as a musician and in his search for this man was gone to waste. He would die here and no one would ever find his body. Millions around the world would miss him, all because he was arrogant enough to think he could defeat a wizard four times his age who was as powerful as Voldemort. “I’m sorry mom,” he thought to himself as he waited for the end to come. 

 

“COLLISIO!” A new voice yelled out. Omathan was thrown off of his feet, spinning through the air and colliding with the corner of the cottage, Minho still had enough in him to be glad it was Omathan getting a beating from the stone walls of the house instead of himself for a change. Minho scooped up his wand and rose weakly to his feet to confront his rescuer. To his surprise there was four of them. SHINee had saved him. Jonghyun’s wand was still pointed at Omathan and Minho now realized it was him who had saved him directly. Onew and Key along with Taemin advanced on Omathan who was once again on his feet. As great a wizard as he was, he fell back against their combined onslaught. Not losing by any means but also not winning. 

 

Jonghyun stepped up to Minho ducking under one of his arms Jonghyun supported him before quickly stepping forward attempting to apparate away. When it didn’t work he glanced at Minho

 

“Anni apraton jink…” Minho mumbled quickly starting to lose consciousness as the shock of his battered body wore off to be replaced by mind numbing pain. Jonghyun apparently got the message however and pointed his wand at the sky yelling out 

 

“CUSTODIA INFRINGERE” glancing over at the battle Jonghyun yelled, “WHEN YOU’RE READY!” 

 

Turning on the spot Jonghyun apparated them directly back into Onew’s bedroom at their dorm, placing Minho on the large queen sized bed he started tracing his wand all over Minho’s body. With the awareness that Jonghyun was attempting to heal him Minho slipped out of this world into unconsciousness.

 

An hour later Key and Jonghyun had finished with Minho who was sleeping peacefully, the others had returned shortly after Minho had lost consciousness unharmed besides Taemin who had a small cut on his cheek. Sitting around the kitchen table they waited for the adrenaline to wear off and their heads to clear before they had a short but meaningful discussion.

 

“What the hell is Minho involved in?” Asked Jonghyun to no one in particular.

 

“I don’t know but whatever it is I’m scared for him.” Stated Onew glumly.

 

“Whoever that wizard was he was very skilled, I’ve never seen anything like him, not even at the dueling arenas in America,” added Key with a tone half in awe, half completely terrified.

 

“Minho Hyung is going to be ok isn’t he?” Asked Taemin in a small voice directing the question at Onew.

 

“I don’t know, Jonghyun?” 

 

“He will be ok, maybe a week off of his feet and he’ll be back to his old charming self.” Jonghyun answered Onew’s question.

 

A pause followed before Onew spoke again “I don’t know who Minho pissed off. I don’t know the how, the why, or the when. But we are more than just band mates, more than just friends. We are a family. Whatever it is we will help him. Right?”

 

Silence greeted his words before one by one the rest of SHINee nodded their heads in agreement. 

 

“Good.” Standing Onew walked into the kitchen returning moments later with a bottle filled to the brim with a dark amber liquid. Sliding a glass to each of them he broke the bottles seal and poured each of them a shot “To family!” 

 

“To Family”

“To Family”

“To Family”

 

SHINee sat around the table sharing a profound moment on oneness, no matter what happened they would always have each other. They would always be…SHINee.

EDITED :D