The Day

The Day Will Come

 

This chapter is quite shorter than my usual chapters, but I wanted to get a feel of how the story was expected, so read and comment, subscribe if you like it!

 

<3 You Bye!

 

Minho stared at the picture on his dresser, as a muggle picture, it didn’t move, held forever still, three faces were captured on it. Him with his mother and father. His father was a muggle, a humble and successful man. His mother on the other hand had been, in the words of Dumbledore “Possibly the most powerful witch of her generation barring Lilly Potter.” He still remembered that day, the day she had died, it was his single most vivid memory. Laying back down on his bed he thought back to that day, and all that it meant to him…

 

Flashback

 

The two smoky forms collided in the air, smashing into each other, every so often you could see a hand materialize, holding a wand to cast a curse or hex at the other combatant. Just minutes ago Minho’s mother had pushed him back against the door frame crouching and launching herself at the man who had materialized at the edge of the garden. Turning into a white cloud bursting with light, she had launched herself forward towards him. Jumping back wards the man had turned into green smoke, its brilliance matching his mothers. His hand lashed out, holding a wand that was abnormally long to Minho’s eyes. 

 

As the two clouds clashed, they flew higher and higher drifting farther away before returning. The white cloud had grabbed hold of the green, latching on and slamming it into the ground causing both to materialize back into their human forms. 

 

Broad features and black robes adorned the man attacking his mother and a small necklace hung around his neck an emerald stone, held in place by silver claws, three rings adorned his right hand standing out in stark contrast to the dark wood of his wand. 

 

Pulling themselves to their feet, the two combatants threw curses at each other with blinding speed, each one trying their best to kill their opponent. When the combat paused for a moment the man leaped forward, grabbing his mother and disapparating on the spot, Screaming, Minho had run to the spot, unintentionally following the man. 

 

Finding himself on the edge of a Cliffside he saw his mother and the man staring at each other intently, the mans hand resting on his mothers forehead. Suddenly all of the strength left his mother, as she slumped, still held up by the mans magic. Finishing whatever he had started the man tossed the body aside and pointed his wand at it, mouthing a curse. Minho cried out as his mother’s body concussed leaping shortly into the air before falling back down with a thump. 

 

Hearing the noise the man looked over at Minho, raising his wand to kill him as well. Just as he was about to mutter the curse, a streak of purple light sped out of the darkness, twisting, the man parried the spell launching one back before turning on the spot and disappearing. Gruff hands gripped Minho’s shoulders as he started to cry heaving sobs shaking his ten year old form

 

“It’s alright there lad, it’s all over.” The gruff voice belonged to a man with a glowing blue eye which whizzed around in its socket like it had a life of its own. A fake leg and brown trench coat finished off his appearance. “My name is Mad Eye, everything is gonna be ok lad don’t you worry.” 

 

An odd sensation accosted Minho as his body felt compressed, he found himself back in his room, Mad Eye flicked his wand making Minho feel drowsy before disappearing downstairs, later Minho would find out it had been to tell his father that his wife had just been murdered by the dark wizard Taren Omathan…

 

Minho his wand, his mother‘s wand. He had carried it all through school and it had never failed him, not once. He had never gone to Ollivander’s to purchase a wand, favoring his mothers over any he could buy. It was his way of keeping her with him, his way of keeping her alive. When the day came that Omathan lay dead at his feet, that was the day he would lay the wand back in its box, that was the day he would make the trip to Ollivander’s. 

 

That was the day his mother would truly rest....

 

EDITED :D