Day 17 (Wednesday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“So Bao—“ Luhan quickly cut himself off and used the Korean boy’s real name. “I mean Minseok. Do you want to play PS3?”

“Sure,” Minseok agreed and sat down on the white couch Luhan was already sitting in. “What game do you have in mind?”

“Mortal Kombat,” Luhan was quick to respond and got up to put the game in the game console. When he joined Minseok on the couch he had two joysticks in his hands and gave one of them to Minseok. They sat side by side when Luhan went to choose characters.

“Choose the one you like,” Luhan offered and soon after he’d already chosen his own character.

Minseok soon followed after. “Is there a special reason for why you want to play Mortal Kombat?”

“Not any in particular,” Luhan admitted half-heartedly when the dark voice in the game announced that the game would start. Luhan continued his sentence though; explaining that there indeed was a reason. “I just don’t want to visit my parents and then today I saw Wufan hitting on some girl. He’s probably already forgotten me.”

Luhan was far better at the game than Minseok had imagined. He knew the combos and that was obviously a big benefit for the Chinese.

Minseok tried to converse while playing against the better sitting next to him. “I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten you. Who would forget you? He’s probably just hitting on her because he can’t get you out of his mind.”

“Finish her,” the slightly frightening voice said when the character Minseok chose was swaying from side to side. Luhan did some kind of combo so the finishing move was more violent than all the other moves you could do.

Luhan laughed at the other’s poor skills in the game. “Why did you choose a girl? She’s not that good.”

“You chose a girl too!” Minseok retorted. “And I mostly chose her because of her s.”

“Straight and biual men are all the same. The only thing you want are big s. I don’t understand you and that’s probably the best…” Luhan laughed and totally forgot the accusation the other said. 

“But the one you chose has huge s,” Minseok retorted cheekily and pushed the other slightly with his elbow before they continued to play the second round.

Luhan smiled when the round began. “She doesn’t have huge s. They’re the same size as the one you chose’s s.”

Minseok didn’t reply because he was too focused on the game. “Come on, come on,” he murmured to himself, but he already knew he would lose, so it was no help at all.

When the dark voice said ‘finish her’ again, Luhan was so annoying to just let Minseok’s character stand there until she fell down by herself.

“I’m the champion!” Luhan yelled and threw his hands in the air, one of them still holding the joystick.

“Don’t get too full of yourself,” Minseok scolded lowly. “Let’s play one more time and I want to change my character.”

Luhan smiled and pushed a few buttons and then they were back at the character list. They both chose different ones; Minseok now chose a man and Luhan still chose a female.

“You chose a female again?” Minseok questioned when they began playing.

“Yeah,” Luhan admitted. “I have to give you a chance.”

“You little!” Minseok began, but stopped because the character Luhan had chosen was beating the out of Minseok’s.

Minseok had already lost, but he still felt like playing more. Luhan talked much more when they sat like this; side-by-side and focusing on something different.

“Why don’t you want to visit your parents?” Minseok asked when they were playing the second round. This time it actually looked like Minseok could win for a change.

“They’re so annoying and pushy,” Luhan sighed. “You’ll know when you meet them.”

They continued playing and Minseok actually won the second round, but of course that didn’t last. Luhan won the third.

“Do they understand Korean? Your father understood a little bit of what I said…” Minseok let the sentence hang in the air because Luhan made a finishing move.

“My father does, but only a little, because he usually asks me if he wants anything translated. He knows basic conversation,” Luhan had already finished Minseok’s character and they were back at the character list again. “Choose your character.”

They did and began again. “What about your mother? Does she understand Korean?”

Luhan laughed. “No, she doesn’t. She only knows how to say ‘hi’, ‘no’ and ‘yes’. You won’t be able to have a conversation with her unless I’m around you.”

“Interesting…” Minseok said and observed how the characters on the screen fought I each other. When Minseok’s character hit the ground he murmured: “I’m looking forward to this weekend.”

 

 


A/N: I't's Wednesday in the story and it's Wednesday in real life too ㅋㅋㅋ

I got grades in all my subjects today and it went so well~~ :DD I'm happy now ㅎㅎ Still..... exams start next week ㅠㅠ