Day 15 (Monday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“Uhm, Luhan?” he tried carefully.

Luhan just hummed to show that he was listening.

“There’s a boy standing in the rain outside of the office. He shelters himself with a newspaper and it looks completely soaked. He’s been standing there for quite some while now,” Kyungsoo explained and came with a reason for bringing this subject up. “Shouldn’t we offer him to borrow an umbrella or something? He looks like he’s waiting for someone.”

“If you feel like lending him an umbrella then you have the permission to go,” Luhan was still completely focused on his computer screen and half-heartedly listened to what Kyungsoo said.

Kyungsoo quickly got out of his chair and bowed to Luhan before he went downstairs, snatching an umbrella on is way.

 

“Are you waiting for someone?” Kyungsoo asked as soon as he stepped outside and saw the soaked boy.

“Yeah,” the boy smiled. “I’m waiting for someone called Luhan.”

“Luhan?” Kyungsoo asked confused. He didn’t think Luhan would know someone who looked like the soaked boy; a cute appearance, but with a slightly rough fashion style.

“Yeah, do you know him?”

“He’s my boss,” Kyungsoo smiled back at the smiling boy. He pointed at a window on the big building they were standing in front of. “His office is there.”

A shy smile spread across the boy’s face.

“Do you want to come up? I don’t think he would mind getting a visit. He works way too hard sometimes,” Kyungsoo laughed and offered some of the umbrella to the other. “What’s your name by the way?”

“Minseok, Kim Minseok, but Luhan calls me Baozi, so please just call me that,” he said as they sat in the walk to the entrance.

“You’re on nickname basis? You sure seem close,” Kyungsoo said amused.

 

Luhan’s eyes darted to Kyungsoo when he entered the office again, but this time it wasn’t only Kyungsoo who was there; a familiar face followed after him. A face he’d never expected to see there.

“Baozi?” Luhan asked curiously and rose from his chair to approach the two. When he came closer he couldn’t control his arm and it went to touch Baozi’s drenched coat. It then went to his hair and felt how it was partly wet. “Why are you here?”

It sounded slightly rude, but Baozi knew Luhan didn’t mean it like that. He was more surprised than angry about seeing Baozi there. Luhan actually liked the feeling about seeing Baozi there.

“I just felt like picking you up and I wanted to see where you worked,” Baozi looked curiously around. It looked like the offices he’d seen in dramas, with tables, chairs, computers and a lot of other things. “And you’re the ‘boss’? I learned something new then.”

“I’m sorry,” Luhan apologised and bowed his head slightly.

Kyungsoo had been long gone, but the two didn’t even notice when he left them.

“Argh, don’t worry about it,” Baozi smiled and made a dismissal motion with his hands. “So you control this place?” He began to move around in the office with Luhan following him.

“I am responsible for this department, but my father is the president of the entire Lu Cooperation,” Luhan explained.

“Why don’t you stop for today Luhan? You deserve to get a break once in a while,” Kyungsoo suggested and the other co-workers nodded in agreement. “And your friend was so nice to come and pick you up.”

“Will you be able to finish the projects on time?” Luhan questioned and hesitantly moved to his desk to shut everything down and finish up so he could leave with his friend.

“Yeah! Remember; it’s our job. Of course we can finish it without your help and supervision,” Kyungsoo said and the others nodded.

“Then I’ll leave, but ask Kyungsoo if you have any questions, okay?” Luhan asked and they all answered with a half-heartedly ‘yes’.

 

“Where do you want to go?” Luhan questioned with a smile.

“I don’t know, home maybe? Or if you want to we could go eat something,” Baozi answered.

They were in the elevator and they waited for it to reach the last floor.

The office Luhan worked in was placed the highest, so it took some time before they reached the bottom. Before they even reached it, the elevator came to a stop to pick someone up. Baozi could feel how Luhan suddenly tensed up by his side when the other entered the elevator.

“Luhan,” he greeted with a slight bow.

“Wufan,” Luhan replied nonchalantly.

That was the guy who’d played with Luhan, Baozi remembered. He wanted to show him what he missed because he’d been such an to Luhan and he quickly got an idea.

“Luhan~,” Baozi turned up for the aegyo he knew everyone would fall for. He got Luhan’s attention by the mere mention of his name and Luhan seemed slightly taken aback at how sweet Baozi’s voice was. “Let’s go to a cupcake shop! I want cake. I want to eat something as sweet as you.”

He leaned onto Luhan’s arm and his face was close to Luhan’s. He could feel the other’s heat on his skin.

“Oh, that’s true. Nothing’s sweeter than you,” Baozi smiled embarrassed. “Maybe I should just eat you instead then.”

And then he kissed Luhan on the cheek. Out of instinct of course – or that was what Baozi tried to convince himself about.

Luhan’s cheeks had gone bright red and Wufan had turned away from them so they couldn’t see how embarrassed he was. Baozi just smiled cheekily at his victory. Wufan was probably boiling with jealousy at that exact moment and the kiss was just to smear the reality out in his face. The reality about that Wufan couldn’t kiss Luhan when Baozi could.

 

 


A/N:

Idea from: frozen-autumn @ tumblr

          "Request": 
          Xiu has to fetch Lu from sch everyday and they’ve a rainy day umbrella scene? then xiu could be admired by random dude on bus, jealous lu? ;

This A/N is going to be long, now you're warned.... I didn't really write this chapter accordingly to the "request" and I feel really sorry about that, but at least someone got jealous and it rained :P (I'm sorry frozen-autumn ;~;) 

This week I began going to school again so that means homework (no xD No homework) but it also means I'll begin being busy and I have some pretty important exams coming up ^^; Therefore I probably won't be able to update as frequently as I do now :) The first exams will not be that hard and won't crave much preparation so I'll update twice a week (like I usually do). The other exams will crave more preparation so I'll hopefully be able to update once a week when I hit them ^^ I can't promise anything though~ (The period starts 13th May and ends 18th June)

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter because then I can finally stop doing something I always do and hate in this story~ I don't know if you can guess what it is, but if you think about it you will probably know XD

And~~ we're halfway through the story ;~; I can't believe so many people have subscribed, commented and upvoted this crap T^T I really really really appreciate it and it feels like all of you are my babies ;~; (Sorry.......)

I love you all and see you on Saturday~ ^^


(Not my gif, I don't know how to make them....)