Sixth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Sixth Storm

 

 

Dara

 

 

They hurt my blood source, kill them all.  

 

I jumped up from the dream after vividly image of Kevin’s injury. My body shivered from the cold air. I rub the goose bump on my arm.  The damped clothes with sweat is stick to my back. I wipe the sweat on my front head. It feels like I just came out the pool. The room is huge and so is the king size bed. They are all in the colors of dark red and filled with roses. It must be the vampire house.  I relaxed my muscles. I turn to my right. Kevin is lying next to me.

 

He is like a bright light that I can’t over look his existence. Like a fox curved up into a warm position, he is sleeping soundly next to me. I slipped my finger in his shirt and carefully lifted it up. The picture of tear open skin and blood dripping down the sword haunted my imagination. However, that didn’t happen when I lift up his shirt. His skin is pale white. I can see the visible line form by his abs. His stomach is moving in a continually motion, breath in and breath out.

 

There is no cuts on his stomach. I exhale in relief. When I notice the top of his black underwear, a hot heat run up my ears and reach my cheek. Quickly, I left go of his shirt and back off.

“Too attractive?” Kevin teased.
That is really embarrassing. I told myself.  He sits up from the bed, letting the dark green shirt slide down his stomach.

 

“No.” I denied. He laughed warmly.

 

“Kevin, I am sorry.” With guilt, I look into his eyes. I am still feeling a bit embarrassing because we are sitting on the same bed.

 

He exhaled, “That was one scary adventure.”

 

“I am sorry.” My eyes are teary again as the image of the blood came up. I really dislike myself for being useless “I am too selfish and stubborn. If I just drink your blood earlier. I might have the power to protect you.”

 

He covered my hand with his, “It’s not too late.” He shrugged. I lifted up my head still hesitating. “I am not scared of vampires. Something about them is really attractive. About you...” He added and his voices got softer.

 

He held my hand and lock his fingers between mines. Without thinking, I learn towards him and tilt my head like we are about to kiss. I move closer to his neck and his scent run up my nose. Then the smell of his blood followed. I push him back against the headrest and lay my other hand on his shoulder.

 

I felt my fangs extended and a hot tempered mind controlling me. He squeezed my hand when I press my lips on his skin. I blushed imaging our position. Then I let loose myself and his warm skin. I press my fangs through his skin. Kevin place his hand on my waist and pull me closer. A sweet taste of liquid drop on my tongue. It spread around my tongue.  Kevin relaxed his hand and became still as a stone as he wait for my next move. I the blood that are running down his neck.

 

They are delicious. It gives off a warm power in my body. Suddenly, everything seems red and warm. The power I get are much stronger that the ones Eli gives off to me. It’s like hot fire burning in my body. A strong energy keeps running through my muscles. My heart pound loudly from the excitement. His blood is like a energy drink giving me unexplainable power. I kiss the cut on his neck and his neck relaxed.

 

He is still quiet and calm looking at me. There is no fear in his eyes. A mark slowly formed on his neck. A string of blood trace out from the bit mark. They form a simple outline of butterfly and turn into a dark tattoo in the color of dry blood.

 

Maybe he likes the way I take his blood, because he can’t hide his pink cheeks from blushing. He smiled warmly and messed my hair with his hand.  He knew that I felt guilty, when I stare at his mark. We sat on the bed for a few minutes. Our hand is still linked together just like our blood.

 

Kevin

 

 

I wandered around the dark street. Cars drove by and people walked by like I am invisible. I am still in shock. The cold air and wind are unable to clear my brain. I didn’t like the way of Dara taking my blood. I love it. There is a weird and unexplainable attractiveness from her. I trace that hot spot on my neck, and replaying feeling when her sharp fang touch my neck. It’s like a drug, because I want her to drink my blood again.

 

I exhaled and watched my breath turn into fake smoke. Then the Library sign across the street captured my attention. They might have books about vampires. The thought hit my head.

 

The auto door opened as it sense my steps. A lady by the large window gave me a look. She smiled as a greeting and I did the same. I step into the warm quiet room. There are a lot of people here they are all forces on their own work. I walk towards the front desk and meets an old man with glasses barely hanging on his nose.

 

“Yes, sir?” He puts down his book and stood up.

“Do you have any.... vampire books?” I almost whispered the words. He scanned me with those laser eyes  and paused at the tattoo on my neck.

“The last row at the fourth bookshelves.” He cleared his throat and went back to his book. I travel to the last shelves like an invisible creature, but I felt many eyes were on me.

 

What is with these people...

 

I walk through the shelves and stop at the first book of the fourth role. I pick the book out and blow away the dust. The ages of Vampires by anonymous. I flip open the cover and then there is a quote.

 

“To the Humans, the blood connections. Here are the things you need to know about your masters.”

 

That match what I am trying to find immediately. How come I never notice books like these before... I sat myself down and started to read. The time passed by fast, but every minute I was reading with a racing heart. Every shocking information are coming up from the book.

 

“Every 500 years, there is a revolution in the Vampire world. There is a King and Queen. It is every vampire’s dream to be able to handle that the unstoppable power running inside of them. To be able to become the King and Queen is base on the blood connection between the human. Almost all the Vampires in the world  has a blood connection with at least one human. They are desired  for your blood.”

 

“What is the desire that drive them to become king and queen? It’s not only the power, it’s also the granted wish from Goddess of Vampires. They are to fight to death when there is a transformation between King and Queen. The King and Queen of this age are both Hunters Vamps.”

 

“Excuse me, sir.” I slammed the book shut when I heard a voice. The old man next to me jumped.
“I am sorry.” I apologized.
“We are closing.” He looked at the book in my hand. I nodded and stood up to put it back on the shelves.

“You can keep that book.” The old man slowly walked away with his hands place comfortably at his back.

“Thank you.” I bowed, even though he didn’t see me.

 

I walked out the library door and saw Eli waiting outside.

“Where’s Dara?” Eli walked up to me when the auto glass door opened.

I pause and looked at him, “She went home.” When he saw the tattoo on my neck, his eyes is no longer dancing around the city nightlight.

 

“Oh.”He started to walk in the same direction as me. We were really quiet on the road. I keeps reading the title of my book.

“Why are vampires killing each other?” I asked carelessly.

Eli stop walking and exhaled a cloud of breath. “They all want to be King and Queen.” His pulled the book from my hands and read the white bold words.

 

“The ages of Vampires.” He hands it back to me, “Today is at the 100th age zone, and is 1 more year away from the 101st age. That means by the end of this year vampire world will have a new king and queen.” I put my cold hand into my pockets.


 

“Today is the Hunter ruling ?” I quested. Eli raise his eyebrow, surprised by my fast understanding.

 

“There are four types of vampires, the hunter, spider, violet blood and butterfly.  They all want to be in control. Blood butterflies like me and Dara are being killed, because we are too strong with human blood. We get stronger just by the combination with normal human blood, compared to the other three types. In other words, we don’t even need to have blood connection with any human.”

 

“What about Jinwoon and G.na? Why aren’t they trying to kill you?”

 

“They are Violet Bloods, which only drinks vampire’s blood. Plus, they don’t care about the position of King and Queen.” He shrugged. “Only Hunter vampires trained their kind to kill us.”

 

“That is why that guy is trying to kill Dara...” I commented.

 

“No, he is trying to kill you.” Eli looked at me. I can see his red eyes glowing under the moonlight.I press my right hand over my stomach as he continues.

 

“You and Dara have blood connections. She loves your blood and you loves her power. The hunter want to get rid off you, so Dara can’t grow stronger.” I thought about the my first impression of Dara, she is very attractive with an unexplainable reason.

 

“What will happen if they killed me?” My eyebrow narrow inward. I can be killed easily to them is like killing a fly. The pain came back to me when a sword stab through your skin and froze your whole body is frightening. I am such a coward.

 

“Then Dara and I will probably be killed, including G.na and Jinwoon. Dara didn’t go through the process of revolving yet. She had zero knowledge of controlling her strength.” He sighed and swallowed nervously, “Just like today, she lost her sense when you passed out. ” I bite my teeth tightly and relaxed them. We stood quietly and let the wind blow against my ears.

 

I have got myself into this and I won’t escape from it.

 

Eli

 

 

I didn’t save Sohee that day. Heechul took her body away. “Sohee!” I hugged her cold body. My shaking hand her black shining hair. We are on top of a high building. Wind blow loudly against my ears, and tears blurred my vision. Jinwoon screamed at me as him and G.na hold Heechul back with their chains. I see the unstoppable blood running down Sohee’s neck. “No. No. Don’t close your eyes. I am here Sohee. Just don’t give up yet!” I panic in fear.


She didn’t said anything and her eyes were fixed on Heechul. I always notice that she never really looked at me, not even at the last moment.

 

I jumped up from my bed and check my hands. I sighed in relief when I realize they are not cover with blood. Her death aches my heart. This dream had haunted me every night.


Sohee was my lover, my girlfriend at least to me she is. She was loving and gentle, away talks in a soft voice. Heechul, the hunter had took her life and I will never forgive him. I got up from my bed and slide open the yellow curtain. The sunlight shines in and light up the dark room.


I walked down stair and heard Jinwoon asking for blood. They are like that every day and G.na always gets annoyed by him.


“Jinwoon, lets go.” I interrupted them.


“Aw, come on.” He pull himself away from G.na and gave her a bloody kiss on the cheek. She wipes away with a pouty face.


“So what human this time?” He opens the door and smile like a happy face.


“I need to find a blood connection.”


Jinwoon’s eyes widen and turn serious after my words, “I thought you don’t want to be the king.”  G.na tapped on my shoulder and handed me a rose. She usually don’t cut off her roses. “Someone new is in town. You might want to avoid them.”


I took the rose from her hand. “Who is it?” Jinwoon shakes his head at  G.na.


She swallowed and look down, “Sohee is here.”

 

Updated: April 6, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

Hope you enjoy the update

Comment below ^ ^ tell what you think

And check out the awesome trailer in the foreword