Twenty eighth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty eighth Storm

 

 

Dara

It’s like a rainbow after the storm. Like a second chance of life the light shine through the dark cloud. Maybe is not something that can be described.

 

Through all that I have been experienced, I don’t trust my eyes anymore.

 

A deal with a goddess.

 

A chance for a second life.

 

A power from another world.

 

Being a vampire had bring out so much of me, but this adventure should end now. I want to go back to where I belong. I want to live a normal life.

 

I want to go back to that stage.

 

Rather than living a meaningless long life, I want to have a meaningful short one.

 

I close my eyes and the light devoured us, all the living vampires on earth,

 

Before anything had happened, a man run towards Dara. Then she felt air running against her body. Luhan’s voice echoed in the background, “No!”

 

The man is her father, the master, the lost creature. He had a sword stab through his stomach, then the linked to Dara’s.

 

“I will never die.” The mad creature said in a weak voice.

 

I felt the pain against my skin, but somehow my heart hurts more than my wound.  I pull closer to the man and hugged him. Everyone stood there shocked by my action.

 

“It’s ok now. You can let go, father.” Dara smiled. She didn’t see the man’s eyes, but she felt his shoulder relaxed.

 

Dara pulled the sword out of her stomach. It vanished like air. Dara extended her hand and black coal spinned up from the ground.  It formed a cage framing the creature in it’s place. Luhan attempted to light the coal on fire, until he realize he can no longer use his power.

 

He looked at me with wide eyes. I smiled at him as his eyes filled with tears looking at his own hand.

 

“You are free now.” I clenched the wound on my stomach.

“I am.” He laughed, but when he look up he realized my wound. “No, then I can’t heal you!” His eyebrows furrow in worry.

 

“I will be fine.” Before I he can respond back, Luhan’s eyes grew tire. He drop to the ground and fainted to a sleep.

 

Eli was able to stay awake and make it to my side. He gave me a tight hug. “I hope I can remember you after this battle. I am glad that I met you.” Eli slipped into dreamland after a soft smile.

 

The place had been came quiet.


 

Then the goddess made her words.


 

“Make your exchange, Dara.”

 

I looked up at the sky. Now, I can give up everything.

 

Because I had everything.

 

“I wish...”

 

Kevin

I can feel my own heartbeat slowing raising back to normal.

 

Does this mean Dara is the queen?

 

“You came back.” Kiseop squat down next to me and with a bright smile he continues. “What a lovely day!”

 

“What is happening?” I asked in confusion.

 

“What do mean what happen?” Kiseop stood up from a chair. “You hit your head or something?” The man handed me a cup of water. l stared at the drink and grabbed it in my hand. My surrounding is different. It’s nothing that I could remember.  White sheets are everywhere. Then I remember this is what I use to call the hospital.

 

We are no long in the vampire tournament.

 

“Where am I?” I asked.

 

Kiseop froze at the questions, “Maybe I should called the doctor. I seems like you had forgot everything. “ He walked out the room. I stood up from the bed and found myself a mirror. They had white straps wrapped around my head. I looked like I just had some kind of surgery.

 

“Oh my god. Please sir, you are not suppose to be up.” The doctor entered and hurried me back to my bed. I followed the instruction so I can get the hell out of here.

 

“What is your last memory?” The doctor asked.

 

“Your last memory.” Kiseop repeated.

 

“The vampire tournament. You were there too.” I remind Kiseop.

 

“I think you completely lost your mind. What is a vampire tournament? You were on a bus tour, the whole bus crashed.”  Kiseop face palmed himself.

 

“What?” My mind spins in confusion. Questions flow to me. “Where is my mother? Where do I live? What am I doing?”

 

“Doctor. I think we need to do a CT scan for this boy. He is a monster. Who can recover so fast after a brain surgery?” Kiseop still mulit-personality like he is before.

 

How come he don’t remember what had happened?

 

“Ok. Here are your answer. Your mother is the owner of a entertainment company.  Your sister is in high school and she is a pop star. You are an author. I am your freaking best friend.” Kiseop face palm himself again. Then he mumbled to himself, “Oh my god, this is going to be a mess.”

 

I checked my sighed and lower my head with the headache.

 

Then there I saw what I wanted to see.

 

A butterfly tattoo on my wrist.  It reminded me of Dara. This couldn’t be a dream right. It’s not a dream. I try to convince myself.

 

“How did I have this?” I raised my arm to Kiseop.

 

“I went with you. You got it at a new tattoo artist’s place.” Kiseop raised one of his eyebrows.

 

“I need to go and see something.” I quickly jumped off my bed and head out the hospital.

 

“Wait! You... can’t...” Kiseop’s voice trailed after me but he wasn’t able to catch up with me. I headed out the hospital and quickly picked up a taxi.

 

They drove me to the place where Dara had alway held her concert. I exit out the taxi without paying. The driver screamed at me, but I ignored everything. Nothing is more important than this.

 

I have to know if she is alive.

 

I have to know if she still remembers me.

 

I entered from the backstage. People giving me weird looks as I trailed in the hallway with my hospital clothes on.

 

A girl with black heavy black eyeliner and golden teased hair approached me. She smiled politely, “I am sorry, Sir. If you are here for the artist, then this is not a place you can enter.” I quickly recognized her as CL.

 

“Do you know where is Dara? Or Cat?” I tried to relax so I don’t look like I just ran out from the mental hospital.  But it seems like my clothes had told the whole story.

 

“I am sorry, sir. We don’t have a performer that is named Dara or Cat. I am going to have to ask you to leave.” CL pushed me out the place and quickly locked the door knot.

 

My heart sank.

 

Maybe all these is just a dream. Kiseop finally found me. He grabbed my shoulder and shook me like I had freaked him out.

 

“What are you doing here? This is not a place you should stay. Your mother is rich. What if someone kidnapped you?”

 

“Just let go of me!” I screamed and covered my ears with my hand. “I lost. I don’t know what is happening. She couldn’t be a dream. It’s all too real to be a dream!”

 

There are pity in Kiseop’s eyes.  He patted my back. We got up from the ground and headed out the place.


 

I had been believing that maybe everything is just a dream. There were never vampires.  


 

Dara never existed.

 

A few days after the hospital released. I enter my mother’s “company” to work. Appearly, I have been living a very human like life. All the energy had been out of me like a ”vampire” did once.

When I got there, I met a few “new” workers, G.na and Jinwoon.

 

I try to believe that everything had happened is a dream, but all the people I am meeting had no memories of vampire whatsoever.

 

I step into my little office and greeted my assistance, Eli.

 

The man smiled and still cool like always handed me my paper work. I thanked him and sat down. There are no words between us.

 

For the past few days, I have been trying to no creep out people that who “don’t know me”. That is why I decided to not say anything to Eli.

 

“Kevin. I will update you on the latest events. Since it has been a long time and you had lost some of your memories.” Eli said and shut the blinds close.

 

“Sure.” I said lifelessly. “If that is what they think.”

 

He brought out a projector, then lighted up a box on the wall. The first picture is the beautfly tattoo. I froze and exchanged looks with me.

 

The man smirked, “This is not a dream. Welcome back, Kevin.”

 

I quickly turned back to my wrist. The tattoo glowing in the dark. I scatter around of a mirror. Then a hand offered me a clean and clear mirror.

 

I saw myself. I saw my reflection.

 

My eyes still dark red and fangs sticks out from my lips.


“You are the only vampire left in the world.”

 

 

 

Updated: January 23, 2014

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading

I am back! 

I had a writer's block. I was so stuck and upset.

I am sorry if I have made you wait, but here it is :) 

Thank you so much for those who stayed and waited for me.

Those who give me encouraging comments.

Love you all