Twenty sixth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty sixth Storm

 

 

Dara

My eyes danced around as my sharp ears trace the sound of the scream. It’s like a panic attack when I suddenly can’t feel his existence.

 

“Dara. Calm down.” I heard Luhan called, “Don’t lose yourself.”

 

 

 

“Where is he! He is gone. He can’t die!” I felt my eyebrows knitted together and fear  hits me. I was too distracted that I forgot about the wounds on my body.

 

“He is dead!” My enemy teases. I threw my sword towards him. He dodged but I commanded fly back to me. As the sword makes its U turn in full speed the edged started to burn with fire.

 

 

It left a deep cut on the man’s arm.

 

 

There is a sudden feeling of heat burning inside of me. I scream and the fire around me grew wild and  furious. I closed my eyes imagining the shape of a giant as it form in between us.


 

The fire giant took its first step on the ground. Rock fly up from the ground killing and hitting vampires under us. It move the arm to catch that man. With a unexpected flying hit, the man drop to the ground. I form two swords drop down to piece my enemy.  He forms something in front of him and cause me unable to get close to him.


 

Until my giant fly its fist against the invisible air, the air shell is broken.


 

“Damn.” The man cursed.


 

I didn’t stop and take my chance for counter attacks. On and on attacking him with two swords and every time the edge of my sword get closer to him. The edge grew with fire.


 

His guards next to him were all trying to find the weakness in the monster I have created. The burning giant keep on destroying. Every time, the man uses an attack I keep getting stronger.


 

That is why he wants to kill me. I am his weakness.


 

Fire and air.


 

I grew stronger near him.


 

Because he is my father.


 

It’s just this damn creature took over his body and killing my family and everyone else.


 

The man jump off break away from my attacks and form a giant with water. Both of the enormous monster run towards each other. They didn’t stop at the attack each one hit one or another.


 

“I underestimated you.” The man said with a smirk.


 

“Awaken is suppose to listen to their vampire.” I scold.


 

“Not if they use you like a tool. I hate! I want to control.” The man suddenly grew angry like a mad dog.


 

“Luhan! Don’t you want to?” The man continues, “Come join me. Take over her. We can rule the world.”


 

I suddenly felt a push as Luhan form next to me. I looked at him as the blue fire slowly unwrapped him.


 

“In your dreams!” He screamed with fury.


 

A smile formed on my face. The people around me are the ones I can trust. I never regret for finding out who I am.


 

I am here for a change.


 

My feet touch the ground and the three of us stand in the empty space. I lifted my eyes staring at the man. He has been in a tragedy for long enough. We all had been in a tragedy for long enough. I will end this  here. It’s not about revenge anymore. It’s about change.


 

So in the future my family won’t be devour by death in front of my eyes.


 

“Dara.” Luhan turn his head to me slowly. “I know what you are thinking. You have to talk to the vampire goddess.” He point towards the sky.  “Find Kevin and go to the goddess.”


 

“But you can’t...”


 

“I can!” He took a sword from my hand. “I can do this.”


 

“But...” I hesitated. If Luhan dies here, he will turn into air.


 

“I need to do me a favor.” Luhan step in front of me. I looked at the shape of his back. “I want freedom. Set me free.”


 

Tears filled up my eyes and run down my cheeks. I know he lives inside of me. He wants to love like anyone can. He wants to have a life. Even an awaken have dreams.


 

“I will. I promise.”


 

Then I turn to run  as I heard the sound of the metal edge sliding together.


 

You will be free.


 

When I reach the other side of the empty field all I found were dead bodies. Then Eli walked up next to me. He place his hand on my shoulder. That so call master killed them. They are mostly lab vampires. My eyebrow furrow forming wrinkles between the brows.


 

“Where is he?” I kept my eyes distance, wishing not to hear an answer. Eli grab my hand and lead me to Kevin who is lying still as a rock on the ground. His face cover with blood and hair dyed red.


 

Eli then step back giving us space.


 

He is no longer breathing. Face as pale as corpses and lips dark like the night. I took his bloody hand then continue to stare at his face.


 

I knew part of me is slowly breaking down, but I can’t react fast enough. I am still in denial.


 

“Kevin. It’s time to go home.” I called. “I am here. We can leave right after we met the goddess.”


 

I laughed as tears blurred my vision. I felt something running down my face, but too dizzy to realize is river of tears.


 

“Don’t you remember that we still have to finish school together? You mother will miss you.”


 

Not a word.


 

“Oh. I still have to bring you on stage when I perform.”


 

No response.


 

“Just look at me!” I screamed holding his bloody hand against my face. “Kevin. I want you comeback.”


 

Suddenly, the tip of his finger moved against my face. I quickly lean in as he being to breath again. But the smiled fainted from my face as he lift open his eye lid.


 

Those hollowed red eyes staring right at me. His fangs grew from the corner of his mouth. His nail extended. Eli pulled me back quickly.


 

Not quick enough. Three scratch from his hand left on my face.


 

Then he flew towards me like a killing machine. Eli blocks every movement and keep me behind him.


 

Kevin’s eyes were pinned on me so dead, so hollow, so solemn.


 

He had lose control completely.


 

Eli


 

I jerked Dara behind me. She had her hand on her cheek shocked by the wound. I summon my sword facing my friend.


 

I have seen a lose control vampire rip their enemy with their mouth. Kevin’s eyes pierced at Dara. This is a half vampire’s instinct to survive. I raised my my sword and swing it towards him as he move front.


 

With the sharp nails, he block them like is a sword. His eyes red like rose and hollow like the dead. Dara stood there in shock. I push him back away, but is like he had suddenly gain more power than before.


 

He raised his leg for a kick. I step back quickly avoiding the heavy swing. Quickly, he jump towards Dara, I swing my swords towards him again. This time is slashed against his arm.


 

The wound quickly heal like it had never happen. Kevin glanced at me and swing his right hand to attack. I froze his hand as soon as his skin touched mines. He froze at the spot as soon as ice swirl up his leg. I raise my sharp sword in it the air.


 

He is limited from any movement. This is my only chance to kill him before he kill all of us.


 

I am sorry Kevin. I can’t let you hurt her and I know the fact that she won’t kill you herself.


 

The sharp edge of my sword traced by the sunlight. I swing the sword in down motivation. The sound of my heart cracking against my ear.


 

I have to kill my friend. All these time we have spend together. The vampire world is cure. I thought I can control my action, but I am can’t.


 

I am no different than any other monster, who killed my parent.


 

I will take care of her.


 

“STOP!” Dara ‘s sharp voice filled the sky. The sword pause as it reach Kevin’s skin. I hesitated.


 

“Don’t Eli.” Tear flow down her face and she walked towards the monster, who is screaming to break away from the ice.


 

He is left hand moving uncontrollably try to grab on to Dara.  She stopped right in front of him.


 

“I am sorry, Eli.” Dara looked at me. “I can’t kill him.”


 

“I loved him. It’s not something I can control.” She place her hand near her heart. “There are something that is more complicated than the vampire world.”


 

She turn back to me, then look at Kevin again. She reach her bloody hand out to him and their hands touched.


 

Surprisingly, Kevin didn’t pull her towards him. Their stand in distance. Holding hands. They lock their fingers together. A mad vampire breaking its instinct.


 

It’s those eyes again.


 

Just like Sohee looking at Heechul. Now is Dara looking at Kevin.


 

It’s never at me.


The word love is something I can’t understand.