Fourteenth Strom

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Fourteenth Strom

 

 

 

Kevin


“Who is there?” I heard my mother’s clear voice as the doorbell rang. The door opens and her face still when our eyes met. She gave Jinwoon and G.na a look who are standing near the gate. Her face is not as pale as before.


“Mom.” I smiled. Her eyes got a little red but she held back her tears. “What are you doing here? I thought you live with your vampire friend now.” She try to sound cold.


“Oppa!” Eunha, my little sister, run towards me with full speed. I pick her up with a smile. “I missed you.” She had a wide smile and bear her face on my shoulder. Her little hand loop around my neck. “You are going to stay right.” She plant a kiss on my face.


“No, he is just visiting.” My mother walk back into the house. All of us followed her. Eunha jump of from my arm. She can’t never resist her curiosity. Without a thought, she run to G.na.


“Unni, are you my brother’s friend?” Eunha gave her a cute smile.


Jinwoon is making faces at her, “Remember me? You saw me last time.” He pinch her face.


“No!” Eunha pout and G.na pick her up.


G.na and I exchange look. She nodded when I signal her. I asked her a favor before we came to find my mother, that she need to take a chance to check if Eunha is a half vamp too.  Eunha pull G.na to her room and started to become super hyper.


Jinwoon sign and sat down with us by the living room, “Mrs. Woo your daughter is really adorable.” My mother smile a little and nod as a thank you.


“Mom,” She turns to me when I call her, “I know now.”


“Know what?” Her face expression change from still to a sudden panic look.


“Dad is a blood butterfly and you are the mark.” I said it carefully. She stood up and exhale heavy, “I will go get some tea.” She walk around the table and head towards the kitchen.


“Mom! I need to know. I want to find a way to bring Dad back.” I jump up from my seat, stopping her from walking away.


“No. Don’t bring him back to this miserable world.” Her back facing me as she pause. “I told you is better to stay away. Even if you become a mark, stay far from them.”


“There are people that I want to protect. You have to tell me. Even if you don’t I will find out eventually.” I continue right after her words. She stood there in a long silence and then a chuckle. “You are just like your father.” She turns back with a smile.


“Sit down.” She command me and then went into her room. A few minutes later she walked out with a sword in her hand. Jinwoon’s jaw drop surprised by the object.


“This is your father’s sword.” She hand it to me.


“That’s not possible.”Jinwoon touch the sharp edge. “When a vampire dies, their awaken dies with them and so do their sword.”


“I guess you knew less than I do.” My mother smiled. “His awaken is still alive. It’s Eunha’s protector right now. Since she is young, I will keep the secret from her.”


“That is why you have been alive all these time.” Jinwoon smooth his chin pondering on the clues.


“Kevin.” My mother turn to me, “Being a mark means to give your life to the vampire. When they die the human part of you became weak and slowly die away. The only way to stay alive is to have their awaken near you.”


I grab the hilt of the sword. The light reflect from the shine part. The hilt have a zig zag pattern on it. “Jinwoon, that is your name ?” My mother look at Jinwoon.


“Yes ma’am.” He answered politely.


“Please give me and Kevin a few moment.” Jinwoon stood up and walk to G.na, who is with Eunha.


“Kevin, you should be aware of vampires. But be aware of yourself too.” My mother take my other hand that was rest on the sword. “The feeling of being a full vampire is great. But greed will take over if you have too much.” I nodded feeling a little happy. This is the first time that my mother gave me advice and gave me courage.


“Ah!” A sharp scream from my sister’s voice. My mother and I quickly stood up and run to her room. Someone is sitting on the wide open window. Jinwoon is standing in the middle of the room with his sword in his hand. G.na pick Eunha up and walk out the door to meet us.


“Heechul!” She sound a little panicky. She hand Eunha to my mother who gave wide eyes.  I quickly follow G.na back into the little room. “Who is that?” My mother grab me by the wrist before I leave.


“Go somewhere else with Eunha. He is a Hunter.”


Dara


“Yah! How long are your going to stay in there?” Eli complain. I was sitting on the floor with my legs cross and cleaning my wound around my waist. The awaken is lying on the ground still attempt to escape. However, its move is weak like a little puppy scratching softly by the door.


“I am waiting for my awaken’s answer.” I pout and look at the blue light creature.


“It’s already been 30 hours since you went in.” He insisted. I stood up and walk over to the glass box. I tap on the glass and it look up at me. “Join me.” The awaken fly a punch to me but it was block by the glass.


I squat down to it’s level. “Why do you hate me so much? There is no way that you can accept me?”


Eli’s voice interrupts, “Dara, it’s not going to understand you. Plus, is not angry at you. Awakens have high pride.”


“I felt like it can. I mean is my awaken.” I tap on the glass again.


The creature place its blue palm against the smooth transparent glass. I almost couldn’t believe after seven hours of wait it finally respond to me. I place my palm to match it’s hand. Even though there is a glass between us I can feel the heat from it’s hand. “Join me?” I mouth the words. It nod in response. Image the glass melt slowly. As soon as the glass box opens, the awaken jump out tin me to the ground with its hand on my neck.


It still didn’t recover from damage yet, because the grim have no strength. “Accept your defend.” I slide my hand to it’s cheek calmly. “I am sorry to let your wait that long for an awakening to form.” The awaken relax its hand and sigh heavily. “You be lonely living here all alone. It’s alright now, you are not alone anymore. I will be your friend.”


The blue face of the awaken cracks from my hand. Piece by piece it flew up in the air and turn into ashes. I felt soft skin under my hand. Slowly, a boy’s face reveal. He had a tall nose bridge and a large puppy eyes. First impression would be an adorable. His tears drop down my face and eyebrow pinched together. The blue light continue to fall apart. The boy’s neck and collarbone is slowly revealing.  I sit back up from the ground and take off my ripped sweater then loop on the awaken.


“What’s your name?” I stood up. He rub it’s eyes and gave me a solemn look. Who would ever guess under that a violence awaken would look like an innocent boy.


“I don’t have a name.” He stare at me with anger.


“Let’s call you Luhan.” I smiled remember a name from an idol. He looks just like that idol.


“Luhan...” He repeats his new name with his head looking down as if its trying to remember it.  “I will make a deal with you, but that is only because I think you are...” He pause, look away and clear his throat, “You are pretty ok to fit my requirement as a vamp.” Luhan pout and look back at me from the corner of his eyes.


I extend my hand to him, who is still sitting on the ground.  He takes my hand and shakes it, then cross his hands together again.


He clear his throat again, “Now, create some clothes for me.”  I smiled at his personality, it’s so different from before.


He commented as I sat back down, “You are pretty strong. I  will think about lending my power to you.”

 

 

 

Updated: May 24, 2013

LovebeingaELF

As always thank you for reading :)

Hope you enjoy the story

Remember to check out my others stories if you like this one :)

Thanks again everyone