Twelfth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twelfth storm

 

 

 

Dara

The last thing that i remember is Eli’s hand against my head, but the next thing I know is that dark place again. The feeling that cold and calmness. It’s not the peaceful calm, but a calmness before the storm. I open my eyes and still in a dark place. I am standing in darkness and sudden a light slip through the darkness and reach my feet.

 

I pick up my speed and walk towards the light. Bright light slowly over take the darkness. I found myself standing in a pool of flower. My guard were down by the beauty. It’s like a different world here, everything is colorful. When I turn around, I can not long find my way out. The dark place that I come from no long can be seen.

 

Then a headache hit me following with pain. I clench to my heavy brain and drop down. “It’s time.” I heard a voice.

 

I quickly turn to my tattoo when I feel a hot heat around my wrist. It run up my arm and I feel it growing out my back. The wings trying to find their way out without my command. I close my eyes and focus. My attempt to control the wings is unsuccessful. It’s like there is another me talking over my body.

 

“Yes!” A loud voice pronouns. “These energy, these raise of blood, I am finally awaken.” A push from the back I slap down to the ground. The green grass poke to my face. I whip my head round and could not believe what I saw.

 

A human like thing, but have no eyes or mouth. It just have the body shape of human with hands and legs. She is carrying my wings on her back. Then she say to glow in blue the color of my tattoo. The weird creature move it’s finger in the air. I slowly move back. Hands and nails against the dirt having the highest level of alert.

 

The thing flame up the fire in it’s hand like I did before. My black sword appears in her hand. It turn to me and seems to be staring at me for a long time.

 

“Dara! Run!” Eli’s word echo in my ear. I pick up my feet and scramble across the pool of flower. I feel a shadow upon me in the air.  

 

“Eli where are you? Help me.” I scream and smelling the aggressiveness from the inhuman  thing.

 

“I can not enter your world. I can only talk to your. Listen!” He talk in a hurry, “That is your awaken. It seems like it is not willing to give you power. You are going to find a way to take it down. If you don’t it will take over your body.”

 

“What!” I leap over the rock and take a huge turn around a hill after I jump out the flowery place.

 

“Some awaken are not willing to make agreement or contract with you. So u have to defeat them but don’t kill it.” He explain.

 

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME!” I heard my heavy breathing through my ear, “I can’t even hurt this thing. How will I possibly be able to kill it.” I ducked under a cave between the small hills. With lightning speed, I turn to grab some rock just so to protect myself even with the slightest chance. The thing land down in the open field and had lost me.

 

“That’s your advantage. They can’t sense anything in your world.” Eli commented.

 

“What do you mean my world?”

 

“The world in your soul in your brain. The awaken is a active power create by you and human blood. They live your soul and your imagination. One hour in your world is one day in real life.” He explains.

 

“That means all these mountains and flowers were my imagination? Including that Awaken in human thing?”

 

“Yea, like a dream.” His voice echo. “The only thing you can’t control is your strength and the Awaken’s power. So be smart.” I sighed and grab my hair twisting them around.

 

“So if I get out this place after 48 hours it will be 48 days in real life?”

 

“Yes.”

 

-ash- I make a light sound as a complain. A rock crumble down next to me and I felt the place shake. I pick up my feet knowing the Awaken had found me. I run towards the light, out of the cave, then another rock shake the ground. I zip through a small opening fits for my tiny body. Right after I got out, a black sword fly towards me. It aimed at my throat.  I slide my body away, but somehow it left a thin line by my neck.

 

“Sh..i.t” I curse under my breath and started to run. The awaken speed up and strike me to the ground. I feel my shirt rip as my back rubs against the little pointy rock on the ground. I am far way from the awaken right now, but the thing looks scary without a face just a shape of eye. It’s only covered by blue light. It smells like burning hair and dead corpus. I watch the wings flap in motion.

 

The awaken formed a sword again. This time is different the sword started to burn with flames, in blue flames. Then the awaken swing the sword in mid air. I didn’t expect anything to happen, because of our distance. Until, the blue fire sweep by the ground and burn against my skin. I leap up and put out the fire that were burn the hair on my arm.

 

Like a train, the awaken grab me on the back and fly in full speed. I hit against the foot of the hill and almost stuck in the solid. I felt on the ground trying to take air into my lung.  It’s like a million pieces of hammer hitting me. My whole body went numb I can’t even feel myself. I struggle to stand up. The thing did not take a break. I run towards me with it’s fist held up. I close my eyes unable to keep them open, waiting for the bulldozer to hit against my stomach.

 

“Don’t close your eyes. Eyes on your enemy!”Eli advised. I quickly widen my eyes realize that I will loose if I do. My hand grab on to its fist with full speed. The awaken is powerful because I felt the solid at my back loosen and started to felt out. My hair are flying back by the wind it brings.

 

It back up quickly surprise by my defence. It brings out the sword again.

 

Crap! I can’t just stand here and let this thing sladder me. I close my eyes concentrated on CL’s advice. Something that comes up my mind, Kevin.

 

I snap back out of my zone as water raise around my body. The awaken quickly jump back in full speed. Like a shell, the water protecting me. The thing move its head in different direction. It’s jump from place to place like out of control. It’s surprised by me. Dark clouds gather around the sky. The awaken turn up and quickly scramble away disappear in the land. Rain hit the group drop by drop as the plants takes their drink after a long fight with the hot sun.

 

“What is it?” Eli sounds surprise.

 

“Don’t know. I was just trying to summon a sword.” I told him. “Then the water shell came out.”

 

“But you can’t summon any thing.” His voice turn a little sharper, “Your power is fighting your right now. It’s not even inside of your body.”  We both pause in silence, brainstorming for reason.

 

Then Eli speaks again in a calm low voice,“That is Kevin’s element. Rain aka. water.”

 

I heard him gasp, “You can use his vampire power. You can summon his sword!”

 

Kevin

 

“We need to find out more about you.” Jinwoon and I walk into the vampire library, the place where me and Dara were attack. I was a little nervous walking in, but the fear disappear when I saw everything inside is fixed. The library is the same, nothing change. I look at the ceiling, where I remember it broke in the fight, now is completely fixed.

 

“Come here.” Jinwoon wave me over as I stare at the ceiling. I did as he say.

 

“So,”he flip through a book and found the page. “Half vampires a sinful creation between a human and vamp.” My eyebrow furrow at the harsh word. Jinwoon continues, “However, these half vamp turn into a full vampire when they meet their elements.” His reading voice sounds dead and machine like. He stop and flip a few page with his eagerness to find out more.

 

“Half blood butterflies. There we go!” He taps the page on the book. “Half butterfly have a few advantages. Even though half butterfly have no awaken, their power are only active when they need it. So now they don’t have to be afraid going against their own awaken. No blood taking, they live like a human. The disadvantage of being a half butterfly is that their power is usually unable to be active.” He pause turn to me and turn back to the book.

 

“Unless, they are a blood connection offspring between a vampire and a mark.” Now he just stop reading and slam the book close. “That doesn’t make sense. You mom is not a mark right?”

“She...” I paused, “I don’t know. She have a flower tattoo by her neck. It doesn’t like mines.” I raise my hand to my neck and touch the butterfly on my neck.

 

“Yes. I saw it last time when I was healing her.” He nodded. “For some reason her bones and systems are unable to function. It’s impossible to even move with her condition. It’s a miracle that your mother lived for that long, but she is alright now.” He tap on the cover of the book again and went to the next book.

 

My eyebrow furrow at his words. Something is not right. My mother still moves and travel around the house when she is sick. Plus, the tattoo on her neck is so different from mines.

 

What is she hiding from me this whole time?

 

“Oh. Here is something interesting. The Half Butterfly’s rebirth.”Jinwoon nudged me with his elbow. His finger on the first page of the book and skipped a few paragraph and go straight to the main point.  I followed the words and started the reading.

 

 

Half blood butterfly vampires have the If the parents of the half vampire have blood connection with each other.  The offspring will be able to

 

Jinwoon flip the page for the completion of the sentence.

 

choose on being a human or a complete vampire.

 

Jinwoon put the book in my hand, “I will find more about that continue reading.”

 

In order to do that, the half vamp will have to become a mark of a vampire. However, the vampire who mark them will need to sacrifice his/her life for the half vamp. That way the half vamp, the mark, can become a full vamp.

 

I shut the book close. Jinwoon turn to me with one of his eyebrow raised, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” I try to calm my voice.

 

“Let’s find more on how we can make you a full vamp.” He suggested. “No.” I reply without a thought and cut of his last word. “I am fine as a half vamp.” I force on a smile. He shrugged and accepted my decision.

 

This information is Dara’s weakness. I am her weakness.  I have to become stronger even if I am a half vamp. I can’t be her weakness.

 

I will become her strongest power.

 

Dara

 

The rain stopped after a while the glass is damped by water and solid turn soft. As Eli explained this is a quest and a mission that almost every blood butterfly goes through, except that I am with another vampire’s element.

 

“Eli, how does you awaken look like?” I seat on a slippy rock, sounds like I am talking to myself.

 

“Ugly, but human form have eyes and everything.” He sighed, “It took me a long time to control it.”

 

“Yours won’t make a agreement too?” I pout.

 

“Yea. But that proves they are powerful. Awakens have feelings.” He chuckled, “They are very weird. It’s fighting you aggressively right now, because it thinks that you are too weak to control it. Plus, they have been waiting for the day to be powerful since you are born.”

 

“So it exist way before I even start to drink Kevin’s blood?” I gasp.

 

“Yea. I meet my awaken when I was a kid. But it beats me up everytime.” He sound like he is talking about a family member, “Now its under my control.”

 

Water started to circle around my hand and form a sword. Water trace the sharp side of the edge and drop on the ground. The sword is in a silver bright color. I can see my own reflection clearly printed on there.

 

“Get ready.” Eli said it almost in a whisper.

 

The blue light walk up to the green glass as I jump of the smooth rock. We face each other. It feels like the awaken is staring at me. He didn’t move and highly on defence. I look at the sword in my hand and back at him.

 

If I need to show the awaken I am its owner, then I need to do it myself.

 

I raise the sword as it flash the bright light on the ground. My awaken back up a few steps and form a sword in its hand. I turn the sharp point of the sword on the floor. With my strength I stap the weapon deep into the ground. I let go of my hand away from the weapon. I stand straight again and turn my eyes back on the bright awaken.

 

I lift the corner of my lips to form a smile, “Let’s get this started, my awaken!”

 

 

 

Updated: May 9, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

This is a early update xD

I am going to have Ap exam next week, so update early and have time to study

Thank you for the great support. Enjoy the story :)