Chapter 1 - Invitation

Ever After

Victoria's POV

 

I was busily arranging a few documents for work when my assistant walked in.

"Ms. Song there is a package for you." She said.

"A package? From who?" I asked. I wasn't expecting any parcel today.

"It's from Seoul University." She said then placed the envelope on my desk.

I stared at it for a few seconds. From Seoul U?

I took the envelope and opened it warily with my shaking hands. I have no idea why I became nervous.

Inside the envelope was another smaller envelope with the Seoul National University seal.

The paper inside the smaller envelope was royal blue surrounded by intricate lace patterns on the edges. An invitation?

 

Ms. Victoria Song, you are cordially invited to the reunion

of Business Administration Graduates, Economics Major Batch 2016

Of Seoul University on July 10, 2022

at Grand Hyatt Seoul

The Party will commence at 8PM

 

A reunion? I stared at the piece of paper in confusion. Wow, has it really been six years since then? My thoughts were suddenly disrupted by a loud ringing.

"Krystal" I called to my secretary. "Can you please answer that?"

"Hello? Song & Choi Law Firm, who is this?" I heard Krystal answering the phone. After a few seconds my intercom beeped.

"Ms. Song, it's Ms. Choi in line 3. She said she needed to speak with you and that it's an urgent matter." Krystal said over the intercom.

"Thank you, Krystal" I said then picked up line 3.

"Hello, Ssul?" I said.

"KYAAAAAAAA!!" A loud scream echoed in my ears.

"Ssul! Stop screaming!" I complained. "My eardrums are going to be ruined!"

"Qian! Did you receive the invitation yet?" She squealed.

"Ssul, seriously, if you don't stop squealing I'm going to murder you!"

"Sorry. But anyway, did you?"

"I just did, exactly five minutes before you called." I said, sounding a bit sarcastic.

"Are you going?" She asked, ignoring my sarcasm.

"I don't know yet. Maybe if I'm not busy and if the firm doesn't need me during that day." I answered.

"Oh come on! We've got a lot of executives! They can handle the firm even for just one week!" She urged.

"What do you mean by one week? It's only for one evening." I said.

"Silly. That party at the Hyatt includes ALL our batchmates, even the ones we have no idea who. After all, there were around 6 sections for Economics Majors during our time. Our section from when were in first year up to fourth year of college would be having a separate after-party." She explained.

"Oh right. I remember that we didn't shuffle sections at all throughout college. We were stuck with the same people through 1st to 4th year" I laughed, reminiscing at the memory.

"So, let's go okay?" Sulli persuaded.

"I still don't know. And besides, why are you so keen on getting me come to along? I haven't seen anyone from our section in 6 years except for you and Heechul. And only because Heechul's been your boyfriend ever since 1st year College." I said.

"That's because you always refuse to." I could feel Sulli pouting in the other line. I kept quiet for a while.

"Come on Qian! It's going to be fine! You still have 3 weeks to finish all the work and prepare for it!"

"You're not going to let me ditch this party are you?" I laughed.

"No" She said sternly.

"Arasseo. I'll go." I said in a defeated voice.

"Great! Come over to my house after work, Arasseo?"  She asked.

"Ne." Then I hung up.

 

GREAT. I spent 6 years avoiding my college memories and only keeping in touch with Sulli and her boyfriend, Heechul. And now all my efforts would go down the drain because of this stupid reunion. I sighed heavily, grabbed my bag and car keys and went on my way to Sulli's house.