Prologue

The Case of Bloodless Girl

"Detective! We have secured the area but we're having a hard time keeping the reporters at bay."

Few days earlier I received a case investigating the murder of a 22-year-old woman.  She was around 170 cm tall and well proportioned.  She had pale smooth skin and dark silky hair, one should say she's truly a fair beauty. The victim was found in a park by a jogger doing his morning exersices. At first he though she had passed out from drinking and nobody had cared to call help since the nights had been rather warm lately. But as the man attempted to wake her, she was found dead. There were no signs of resistance, violence nor found from the victim's body.

"Do whatever you can in order to keep them off the area. We don't want them snooping around the crime scene interrupting the investigation.

"Yes, Sir"

"Now, where's the body?"

The younger officer was pointing further down the alleyway. The detective gave the officer a pat on the shoulder leaving him in charge of fending off the ever curious crowd gathering at the pavement. The narrow alley was shady, the only light it had came between the buildings but otherwise it was dark through out the day and at night it would be pitch black. It was an ideal place to ditch stuff without being seen. From half-way you could define the disfigured outlines of something that was once a human being, surrounded by trash, leaning at a brick wall. Rubbing his temples while letting out a deep sigh he wondered how many more victims there was to be found before the murderer was caught. He made his way throught the alleyway step by step, careful not to walk on any possible evidence, the stench of rotting flesh getting stronger as he got closer to the carcass. He had not felt such uncertainity for a long time and estimated if he really wished to see a thoughoutly butchered body although it wasn't the first time he'd encountered such scene. Paying no attention to his unsettled thoughts he continued his way soon standing only a several feet away from the corpse. He frowned as he stared at the body of a person sliced beyond recognizion, the sight was even more gruesome than it was from the midway of the alley.

"The killer made a real mess this time."

"You're right, the body is slaughtered like an animal."

"Ahh, Sehun, you made it here already."

An older forensics investigator dressed in a blue protective suit was kneeled next to the body taking photos of the scene and taking down notes.

"Over the phone you did say that another body was found close to the area where the victim of my case was found when in reality all you wanted to do was to see whether I'd throw up or not for seeing the body. Well sadly, your plan failed."

"Hahhah, you're truly something even through all the years I have worked here in the forensics depertment I have never met anyone so young with such guts. Oh, could you hold this for a while"

The younger man narrowed his eyes glaring at tiny plastic bag at his hands then returned to the elder man whose back was now turned at him. The elder shrugged his shoulders and continued his expedition.

"You're serious about making me help you?"

"Yes, I could have use for your observation skills. Two pairs of eyes are better than one."

"This is not the reason you called me here."

"Well... I can tell you're having issues, to be honest I didn't think you'd come since you  seemed quite frustrated over your recent case. The public thinks the killer is a vampire or something like that."

"Yeah, the mysterious bloodless body left in the park was accually done by a vampire. It's all over the tabloids and the public is starting to believe it's the truth since the investigations haven't shown any remarkable progress."

"I assume you're running out of clues since you came here almost flying the moment I called. Hey, don't go all desperate yet."

"Tell me about it."

The elder furrowed his brows while looking at the young detective, his face showing the years of experience in the field. Sighing, first streightening his legs then strecthing out his back, soon the elder stood next to the younger man. He was slightly shorter but even so his presence was no lesser than Sehun's.

"Everyone has times when they loose faith in themselves and give up but the Sehun I know is certainly not one of them. You haven't gotten to this point with luck but skill.  As you know skills alone won't solve the case. A skilled detective needs also sharp intuition at times and that's learned through working on the field. So clearly not everyone is able to become a detective at your age. You can see connections where others can't and you have exceptionally sharp natural intuition which makes you unique. You should remember that  at times like these."

"Are you heading back to the office?"

"Yes, my job here is done. The others will do the clean up. I wish you good luck with your case. Ohh, and by the way when you're frustrated you jump too fast to conclusions. Keep your head calm and you'll do fine."

I watched as the old man collected his equipment while thinking his words. Maybe I had missed something. Maybe I shouldn't try to think too much and just go with my intuition as I did in the past. I had tried everything my brains could think of, now it was time to step out of the box, out of common sense. It's time to follow my intuition.
 

--------

 

W/N:

I'm currently having some issues with this since I'm new to this site but I'll try figure it out. (Hopefully) I'm doing some test runs.