The Thin Veil of A Reality Lost (1/1)

The Thin Veil of A Reality Lost (1/1)

 

Title:The Thin Veil of A Reality Lost
Rating:PG-13 for brief language 
Characters/Pairings:OnKey, slight side OnHo
Summary:Jinki catches Kibum in a compromising position and the reality he thought he knew crumbles in a heap of lies and illusions 
A/N: This is a oneshot I put up on LJ(knives4fingers) a while back because I was afraid I wouldn't have my oneshot for March....not to mention OnKey is my passion.....ENJOY!!!!


Jinki promised himself this would be the last time he would call. He was past the point of angry and panic began to settle in his gut. He rubbed absently at his left eye for what seemed to be the hundredth time in a one hour time frame. His head throbbed and this seemed to quell the pressure. The dull ache seemed as if it was beginning to fade, or else he was getting used to the pain.

“Hi, you’ve reached Kibum!” the cheerful voice sang into the quiet room, “I can’t come to the phone so leave me a message; I may or may not call you back depending on who you are.” The click came abruptly as usual and Jinki left a brief message asking Kibum to call him back.

He sat on his neatly made bed and gently placed the phone next to his left knee. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding and Kibum would see the messages he left. Seven texts messages and four phone calls that went to voicemail. Jinki realized it seemed a little excessive, but Kibum knew how nervous he could get.

Maybe his phone was on silent.
Maybe he was out and left his phone at home.
Maybe he was ignoring him.

The last thought caused Jinki’s heart to seize as if an invisible hand had reached in and squeezed it causing the blood to bleed out and leaving a gray empty muscle behind. He bit his lip as he rubbed at his left eye once more.

******

Jinki stood outside of Kibum’s apartment. He waited patiently for the old man keying into the apartment complex so that he could slide in behind him undetected. 

Once inside, he bypassed the elevator and ran up the five flights of stairs and found himself staring at Kibum’s apartment door from the stairwell. 

Bright red.

Burning Bright red.

A blur of tears and the feeling of suffocating.

The edges were beginning to fray.
Kibum’s words were drowned out by the blood pounding in Jinki’s ears as he slid down the wall and sat in a crumpled heap.

He couldn’t stop shivering. 
He vaguely heard the sound of whimpering and realized it was coming from him. Yet he couldn’t stop. It seemed he wasn’t in control of anything anymore, not even his own body.

“…you have to stop this.”

Jinki pulled his knees into his chest and buried his face from view.

“…is he okay?”

“He’s fine, look can you just go?”

“…you’ll call me later then?”

“Yes.”

Kibum’s voice sounded so far away even though he was crouching down in front of Jinki as he spoke to the man.

That man.

Who was that man?

Jinki chanced a glance up at the stranger just as his back was retreating from view. He glanced back at them as if gently provoked by Jinki’s stare. He grinned and tipped his head in their direction, the gleam of his teeth the last thing Jinki remembered before turning to glare at Kibum.

“Come inside.” He said gripping Jinki’s much thinner arm and tugging him into the apartment.

*******

Jinki sat at the kitchen table, a cup of white tea with lavender petals steaming in front of him. He could hear Kibum moving around in the other room. His voice muted as he spoke into the phone.
The apartment was freezing and Jinki found himself wishing he’d just stayed at his own place. 

Wishing that he had just waited for Kibum to call him instead of panicking and racing over in state of panic.

Wished he hadn’t taken the stairs and had waited for the elevator.

Wished he didn’t see Kibum kissing a man that wasn’t him.

“Are you cold?”

Jinki said nothing, but nodded as he tucked his knees under his chin and reached with shaky hands for his tea.

The scalding liquid burned his tongue but he barely felt it. 

Kibum padded into the living room and took the blanket draped across the back of the couch and laid it gently on Jinki before pulling a chair up next to him.

“What are you doing here Jinki?”

He was voice was soft. He clasped his hands in front of him and pushed his glasses further up his nose.

Jinki looked up as he did this and felt a small smile tug at the corners of his lips. Kibum looked handsome with glasses. Jinki told him this every day and Kibum would smile and fix his glasses back up his nose.

“I called.” Jinki whispered as he tried to fight the desperate urge to pull at his skin until it ripped, letting some of the pressure out and giving Jinki a sense of relief. 

He had done something wrong. He could tell by the way Kibum was staring at him now.

“I just wanted to see you.” His eyes swam as fat tears began to roll sluggishly down his face. He bit his lip and was unsurprised to taste the sharp coppery metallic taste of blood. His lips seemed to be a giant scab.
One more scab wouldn’t make a difference.

“Is your head hurting?” Kibum asked gently. He reached up and pulled Jinki’s palm away from his eye, which he was, unknowingly, furiously rubbing.

Jinki froze.

Kibum’s skin touching his.

Kibum touching him.

Touching him.

“I have medicine for that.” He dropped Jinki’s palm and headed into his study. Jinki felt as if he blood was boiling. Kibum’s warm strong and reassuring hands having had some sort of effect on him.

Jinki could feel all of his blood rushing down into one place.
But before he could even comprehend swiping his hand down to take care of it; Kibum was back holding a glass of water and the medicine. 

He dropped three different colored pills into Jinki’s hand, and without any other thoughts than the way Kibum was looking at him he swallowed the pills and the entire glass of water.

“Who was that man?”

Kibum said nothing as he took the glass and washed it in the sink, dried it and put it in the cupboard.

“He’s a friend.”

“You kiss all of your friends like that?”

Jinki was annoyed. He wasn’t a little kid and they weren’t playing house. He wanted real answers. He wanted to know why Kibum seemed to be shutting him out.

Why was Kibum lying to him?

“What I do with my friends is none of your business.” Kibum’s firm tone caused all the fight to leave Jinki and he felt faint.

He didn’t want to upset Kibum.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Kibum smiled and Jinki felt okay again. “Are you feeling better?”

Jinki nodded enthusiastically but immediately regretted it when he realized the action caused the world to tilt on its axis and he knew.

He knew.

He knew he was going back.

“I don’t want to go; please can I just stay here with you?” 

Jinki began to sob then. Great hiccupping sounds that bounced off the walls and came back at 
him causing him to cringe.

“I want to help you.”

Kibum smiled sadly at Jinki as he went to open the front door.

Jinki hadn’t heard the knock at all and was surprised to see the tall man that followed Kibum into the kitchen. His face was familiar and Jinki lunged off the chair with the intention of locking himself in Kibum’s room and climbing out the window.

But the taller man was fast on his feet and the drugs Kibum had given him were already taking effect. He hit the ground and as the taller man tried to help him to his feet, Jinki began to fight for all he was worth. Twisting and kicking out at the stranger, but the man was stronger and not under the influence of psychiatric drugs. 

He twisted Jinki’s arms into a locked position. It wasn’t painful, just irritating that Jinki couldn’t move. Even his legs were pinned down by the man’s weight and his bony spine pressed into the hardwood floor causing Jinki to mewl in pain.

“Don’t hurt him, Minho.” Kibum tugged at Minho’s arm who then gave him a look of indignation before easing up on Jinki’s frail frame.

“Kibum, please” Jinki pleaded underneath the weight of Minho who was by now hauling the thin man to his feet.

“We’ll talk tomorrow.” Kibum assured him and his sad smile was the last thing Jinki saw before unconsciousness settled over him.

******

Jinki shook his head slowly back and forth. He wouldn’t even look at Kibum. He sat on the couch; his knees tucked underneath him as he bit his lip and willed his brain to be anywhere else but here.

He refused to believe that he’d made up phoning Kibum. That Kibum’s voice he’d heard on his cellphone was really his own voice recording. 

He refused to believe that he had imagined seeing Kibum kissing that man. He saw Kibum kiss him with his own two eyes and now Kibum was scrambling in the wake of being caught.

He refused to believe that he wasn’t the center of Kibum’s life. He just couldn’t accept the fact that the man he loved wasn’t madly and desperately in love with him.

He refused to believe that Kibum was his primary psychiatrist and that Minho was some sort of male intern who also happened to work as a security guard at the establishment.

Gee what a ing coincedence!

He refused to believe that he was part of a home psychiatric study and that everything he knew in the past two days wasn’t real.

He wasn’t crazy.

He wasn’t.

“You failed the home study, but don’t worry there will be more.”

Kibum reassured Jinki and Jinki relaxed.

He would be getting another try; Kibum said he would see to it. Jinki would be able to live at a home with others in the home study as long as he agreed to take his meds and go to his counseling sessions every day. 

That meant he could see Kibum whenever he wanted and that they could work on their relationship.

Kibum wasn’t going to give up on him, because Kibum obviously loved him.

Kibum obviously loved him.

And Jinki smiled to himself because Kibum loved him.

Kibum loved him.

He obviously did.

 

tumblr_mj34naEsJj1s79llao2_500.gif

.....I've never seen Kibum punch someone so ily....sorry my weird is showing ;)

tumblr_mhsdeomgHn1s222cbo1_500.gif

More y grabby Key and cute victim Onew.....I love this!