The Date

Fireflies: The Man From Nowhere Sequel

 

The Date

 

Surprisingly, she enjoyed herself.

With Lee. At the Lunar ball.

It was not a big party.

Only the staff from the Station – and their spouses, girlfriends or partners.

She was enchanting, but quiet as usual.

Shy or reserved maybe, Lee thought.

But knowing her past, he could understand it.

But, he showed her off to his superiors and colleagues, none the less.

And they all , behind her back, that what a good catch she was.

She was in pale peach that day. Still in her preferred knee length style, with a slim leather belt to match.

Her hair was simply tied back, exposing her slim neck with a pair of dainty droop ear rings from her ears.

A far cry from the capped and jacket adorned young lady he met a year ago.

A true vision of loveliness.

“Kwenchana?”

“Emm,” she nodded.

“We are a boring bunch, aren’t we?”.

“No,” she gave a small laugh.

“So, tell me, I hear from Amber that you are not taking pictures anymore.”

“I am, just not the ones we saw at the exhibition.”

“He didn’t approve? That chaperone you brought with you.”

He tried to not show his jealousy for a man who was possibly 10 years older than him, but he could not help it.

Lucky for him, So-Mi did not notice.

“Ahjussi?” she asked and laughed a little. “No, he was quite upset. He felt it was dangerous.”

She spoke of him with such affection. Even in those few words, he thought.

I told you it was dangerous too, he pouted internally.

Yeah, but you encouraged her by introducing her to the Senator, another voice said.

“Well, he’s right,” Lee agreed. “But you’re not giving up totally on photography, right?”

“No, I really like it. And printing them out gives me a sense of achievement.”

“You must take me on your next shoot, then, ok? Maybe I’ll get a camera of my own too.”

“Neh, that’ll be cool. I’ll be your teacher, if that’s ok,” she said shyly.

“You walked in straight into my trap, young lady. That was exactly the offer that I wanted from you,” he grinned.

She gave a soft laughed, basking in his attention.

He’s really a sweet guy, she thought.

Still, the feeling of guilt crept in.

“Come on,” Lee said noticing her slight change of mood. “Let’s go get us some munchies.”