Part 1

Phone Calls and Poetry

I think I sat here for about 5 minutes re-reading this and trying to think of what to say. This was beautiful. I love the descriptions and the way you compared things; it provided really nice imagery and was really refreshing. Honestly, I can't really portray how I'm feeling right now and I'm not really sure how I even stumbled across this website, but I'm really glad I did. This made me want to fall in love again.

After being sure Baekhyun was content with his comment, he hit the green submit button. He was sitting in bed in sweatpants and a comfortable t-shirt, laptop in front of him. He had started out simply looking for a reference poem he could use to complete an assignment for his literature class. Through some string of link clicking he'd fallen far enough down the rabbit hole to come across some poerty sharing website, and couldn't help but comment on the piece he'd just read. 

1 new comment (show)

Baekhyun clicked on the link, and it revealed a response to his comment, from the writer. It was more or less a thank you for reading, the last sentence being Yeah, it made me want to fall in love too.

A grin crossed Baekhyun's face and he responded, asking Do you mind if I use this as an example in my literature class? The comments began to warp into statements less and less about the poem itself and more and more about each other--Baekhyun revealed that he was a twenty year-old college student studying literature and music, wanting to be a vocal major. He found out that the poster of the poem was named Park Chanyeol, also twenty and taking a break from school to help support his mother after his father's death. Poetry was just a hobby, he said, something he was quite passionate about. Some fifteen-odd comments later Baekhyun found himself being asked Do you have a tumblr?

He didn't, and he said so--a friend of his had tried to convince him to start an account a few years ago, but he'd never been interested. 

Aww. I wanted to get in touch with you again. Do you have a twitter or something?

A twitter account Baekhyun did have--his account had been made for him, the same friend installing the app on his phone and creating the account without his permission; he'd never actually used it but he told Chanyeol anyway. That I do have. The response was immediate. 

Great! You should find me. @rhymeyeol 

Baekhyun was already busy opening Twitter in a new tab. Will do! It took him four tries to even remember the correct username and password combination, his profile popping up. 

Tweets: 0 Following: 0 Followers: 0. His @ name was @dumbchiornerd, obviously his friend's creation seeing as choir was spelled wrong. He didn't have a default or header picture. This was going to take some revisions.

It took a longer time than Baekhyun was willing to admit to even come up with a new @ name. When he did find something he even wanted to consider using, he would discover it already taken, knocking him back to square one. Eventually he was able to decide on @bbunhyun. 

Now he needed a picture to put in the little square in the middle of his header. He wasn't even going to bother with trying to make it a picture of himself--that would take too long--instead finding a picture of a puppy. After quickly changing his header to a piece of sheet music, Baekhyun sent his first tweet. 

@rhymeyeol I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS THING

He simply sat there a few moments, trying to make sure it had even sent when a notification popped up on his phone.

@rhymeyeol is now following you!

Baekhyun quickly went to Chanyeol's profile, clicking the 'follow' button. As he did so, his phone made another noise. 

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun Baekhyun, is that you?

Baekhyun nodded as he answered, laptop forgotten as he laid back on his bed, phone in his hands. 

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun I thought you'd forgotten about me... That puppy is adorable >u<

@rhymeyeol Of course not! I actually forgot the login for my account...

@bbunhyun you obviously don't use it often X3

Baekhyun grinned in spite of himself, about to reply when he heard the door of his apartment open and close. With difficulty, trying to keep as much of his body on his bed as possible, Baekhyun nudged his bedroom door open with a sock-clad foot and peered outside.

It was Sehun, just back from work and searching through the kitchen for a snack.

"You're back early." Baekhyun remarked. Oh Sehun was living in the second bedroom of the apartment, recently graduated from high school and going to begin college next school year, helping Baekhyun split the rent. For the time being the ninteen year old had dyed the top of his hair a light blond and worked at a convenience store. "How was your day?"

"I hate people." was Sehun's response, biting into an apple.

"Oh no, did girls hit on you again?" Baekhyun's voice was twinged with sarcasm.

"Worse. There was almost a shoplifting incident--I'm pretty sure the guy was drunk--I had to interrupt a couple making out in a corner, and almost jumped a customer for being really attractive." Sehun sighed. "What've you been up to?"

"Not doing my literature homework, mostly." Baekhyun answered, Sehun walking over to his door and leaning against the doorframe. "I met somebody."

Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Is he cute?"  

Baekhyun shrugged.

"Is his brother cute?"

"He doesn't have a brother, I think." 

"What does he look like?" Sehun asked, eyes glancing over his computer screen. 

"I don't know." Baekhyun admitted, watching Sehun put together the pieces.

"You met him online?"  Sehun asked. Baekhyun slowly nodded.

"God Hyunnie, he's probably some fifty year-old ual predator." 

"He's not!" Baekhyun responded indignantly. As if on cue, his phone alerted him of a new tweet. Sehun rolled his eyes, going back into the kitchen. 

@rhymeyeol my roommate thinks you're 50. As Baekhyun waited for a reponse, he browsed Chanyeol's profile. His default picture was half of a smile, tilted lips showing off nice, straight teeth.

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun Awe why?

@rhymeyeol: because of how I met you? idk.

Baekhyun looked through a few of Chanyeol's tweets, finding some from twenty minutes ago, about when Baekhyun first commented on his poem.

I just got the nicest comment wow

It's from a guy wish me luck guys

He has a twitter yES

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun XDD does he think 50 yr olds can use the internet?

Baekhyun burst into giggles, laying back onto his bed, hearing a loud sigh from the kitchen. 

 

 

That's really all Baekhyun heard from Sehin for the next few weeks, seeing as it would happen almost every time his phone got a notification. Which happened quite often. He and Chanyeol were in constant contact--Baekhyun wouldn't even hesitate in considering he and Chanyeol to be friends. They would greet each other in the morning, talk about how their day had progressed, and wish each other a good night. Chanyeol would also wish him good luck on his tests, which he began to need because he would stay up into the early hours of the morning, flooding Chanyeol with compliments or laughing. He discovered that Chanyeol lived in the northernmost part of the country, and seeing as Baekhyun lived quite far south, it would take a plane ticket or days of driving to actually meet him.

Baekhyun could easily tell that it bothered Sehun, but not so much that they got to the point of arguing, so he just ignored the annoyed vocalizations and looks of disapproval. He was too happy to really care.

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun can I see your face?

The request took Baekhyun by suprise. @rhymeyeol what?

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun that was weird wasn't it I'm sorry I just have this mental image of you being really adorable

Baekhyun felt his cheeks heating up. @rhymeyeol Why?

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun maybe your dp? The way you talk is really cute too haha

Then Baekhyun spent the next twenty minutes trying to take a satisfactory picture of his face. By the time he had something he didn't want to send into the pits of hell, he actually felt a bit exhausted. 

@rhymeyeol I'm off to hide now, here

Attaching the picture to the tweet, he sent it and threw his phone on the floor, rolling over on his bed and stuffing his face into a pillow.

His phone pinged twice before he got up to look at his notifications, not bothering to pick up his phone and instead letting his arms dangle off the end of his bed.

Chanyeol had favorited and retweeted his tweet, also tweeting gUYS LOOK with his picture.

Mentioned by rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun //EATS YOU

@rhymeyeol what why

@bbunhyun you're way more handsome and cute than I expected and I just //jumps into your bed

Baekhyun made a noise that sounded a bit like a squeak at that, getting another notification. 

Mentioned by @jongindnce: @rhymeyeol @bbunhyun I ship you two so hard if you don't kiss soon I swear I'll fly Baekhyun here and lock you two in a room for 30 minutes

Baekhyun didn't know who this person was, or what shipping meant, but choked on his spit when he saw Chanyeol's response.

@jongindnce @bbunhyun yes jongin please please please

"What's going on in here?" Sehun came in, being a bit louder than he needed to.

"Nothing, why?" Baekhyun looked up, startled.

"I thought you were working on homework."

"I...was." Baekhyun said sheepishly, nodding to the papers spread over his desk with pencils scattered across them. He'd worked for about thirty minutes before he'd had to take a picture.

"Okay. I heard some weird noises and just wanted to make sure you weren't having phone with your cyber boyfriend. Do that when I'm not home."

"I'm not...we weren't... He's not my boyfriend!" 

Sehun crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. "Sure."

Baekhyun sat up, throwing a pillow at Sehun. "Get out."

After laughing and throwing the pillow back, Sehun shut the door.

@rhymeyeol can I have a picture of you too? I want to prove to my roommate that you're not fifty.

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun XDD not right now, I just got home and I look really gross. I'll put one up soon ^^ But that's my mouth in my dp, if that helps.

Baekhyun re-examined Chanyeol's default picture, bringing his phone up to his face. His teeth were white and straight, lips pink, bottom lip fuller than the top one. Despite himself, Baekhyun began to smile.

 

Chanyeol kept his word. A few days later, he tweeted On my way to a wedding! Friend's sister is getting married and a pic.twitter link next to the words. Baekhyun clicked on it, feeling quite excited as he waited for it to load. 

The picture was of Chanyeol from the mid-torso up; he was wearing a black suit jacket, white dress shirt underneath and a thin black tie. He had fair skin and dark brown hair, bangs sweeping to the right. He was giving the camera a dazzling smile, and for a few moments Baekhyun swore he couldn't breathe.

He sat there, trying to kick his brain into coming up with something to say that was less embarrassing than "I might be in love with you."

@rhymeyeol I now understand the saying "you took my breath away". You didn't tell me you were so handsome >.<

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun you're more attractive than me though? Thank you <3

Getting up, Baekhyun went into Sehun's bedroom. The teen was lying on his floor, playing with his phone.

"Does this look like a fifty year old to you?" Baekhyun asked, showing Sehun Chanyeol's picture. He blinked a few times, sitting up and asking

"Seriously, does he have a brother?"

Baekhyun laughed. Since it was a Saturday, he spent most of his time doing homework, sitting around and waiting for Chanyeol to come back online. It was actually quite late when Chanyeol reported Back home~ Baekhyun favorited the tweet, deciding he wasn't going to be a bother. A few minutes later, however, he recieved a notification.

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun do you have a skype?

@rhymeyeol what?

Mentioned by @rhymeyeol: @bbunhyun a skype account. can we talk?

Baekhyun's eyebrows drew together in concern. Was something wrong?

@rhymeyeol no, but I can make one realy fast if you'd like. You okay?

The question wasn't answered, only getting back a that would be great, thank you, which only served to make him work faster. Soon the account was made, the blue 'S' icon on his desktop, application open.

@rhymeyeol I made an account, my contact is @bbunhyun again

Instead of a response, his laptop screen went black, a green "accept" button and a red "decline" button in the middle of the screen. He clicked "accept", unsure of what to expect.

"Baekhyunnie?" Chanyeol was on his screen, mouth growing into a smile as he spoke. His hair was messed up, suit jacket off, tie loosened with the first few buttons of his white shirt undone. Baekhyun blushed scarlet, grabbing one of his pillows from behind him and hiding his face.

"I didn't know this was a video chat!" he protested. He heard a deep laugh coming from the computer, moving the pillow and holding it to his chest.

"You're so animated." Chanyeol remarked. "It's cute." Chanyeol's voice was deeper than he expected. Half of Baekhyun wanted to just hear him talk and let himself get soothed to sleep; the other half wanted him to whisper, breathy, in his ear. Either way, Chanyeol's voice was extremely attractive. 

"Stop grinning at me." Baekhyun grumbled playfully.

"You stop grinning." Chanyeol shot back, smiling,and that just made him giggle, breaking the mock scowl on his face.

"Are you talking to yourself?" Sehun walked in, concerned and looking around. Before Baekhyun could defend himself, Chanyeol piped up from the computer screen 

"Are you the Oh Sehun I keep hearing about?"

Confused, Sehun walked up to the computer. "You got a skype?" he asked Baekhyun. HIs eyes were traveling over the computer screen, and after a few moments recognition crossed his face.

"You're that fifty year-old ual predator that Baekhyun likes!" he exclaimed. Chanyeol laughed.

"I'm Park Chanyeol. And sorry, I don't have a brother." 

Baekhyun burst out laughing, Sehun saying "Well damn. I just wanted to check. Have fun with your cyber boyfriend."

"Hey!" Baekhyun tried to throw the pillow at Sehun, but he was already out the door.

"Fifty year old ual predator that Baekhyun likes?" Chanyeol's eyebrows were raised. Baekhyun put his face in his hands. 

"Stop hiding. I want to see you." Chanyeol insisted. Baekhyun complied, laying on his stomach, putting his hands under his chin to prop his head up and saying "Tell me about the wedding."

"Wow, you're cute. Well, I ended up having to drive the bride to the church myself, and she was more than a little nervous..." Chanyeol launched into his story. It sounded like it had been an amusing, good event. They sat there in silence for a few moments after the tale was over.

"You look tired." Chanyeol remarked, taking off his tie.

"It's your voice." Baekhyun answered. "I like it."

Chanyeol grinned. "I like your everything." he responded. "But we should probably hang up soon."

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol knitted his eyebrows together.

"What makes you say that?"

"You sounded urgent over twiitter. Like something was wrong."

"Oh." Chanyeol scratched the back of his head in an embarrassed manner. "I just really needed somebody to talk to."

Baekhyun could have sworn his heart melted. "Hold on." Getting up, he walked over to his desk, grabbing a blue marker and piece of paper. He wrote his phone number on it in huge numbers, holding the paper in front of the laptop camera. "Here."

"Hm?"

"It's my phone number. So you can call me."

"Really? You sure?"

Baekhyun just nodded, watching Chanyeol take out his phone, looking up a few times to copy it down. 

"I'll call you." Chanyeol was beaming. "I promise. But for now, I need to go."

"Okay." Baekhyun blew a kiss. "Goodnight." 

Though he thought is impossible, Chanyeol's smile grew wider. "Night Baekhyun." The call ended.