I'll wait for you to find me

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Find him!! Do you hear me?!” Jiyong growled orders at his men, “And don’t come back until you get him!!”

 

The YG men nodded seriously.

 

 

Jiyong looked at them with a scowl, “What are you waiting for?! GET OUT!!”

 

The men bowed politely and walked out of the office past the rest of the gang.

 

 

Jiyong turned back to the table and reached for his gun.

 

 

“GD” Taeyang held onto his arm and stopped him, “Why don’t you let us handle this?”

 

Jiyong looked at him as if Taeyang had gone mad.

 

 

 

“What he’s trying to say is you should be with Dara right now” TOP walked towards them, “We’ll find him don’t worry.”

 

 

“You want me to sit around and do nothing while my girlfriend is there fighting for her life?!” Jiyong asked through gritted teeth.

 

 

“No” Taeyang shook his head as he released his grip, “We’re telling you to stay with her because she needs you the most right now.”

 

 

JIyong’s face softened and he stared into space for a brief moment before snapping back, he turned angrily to the boys, “Get your guns and let’s go!”

 

 

 

TOP sighed and nodded at the other boys. They all got what they needed and followed Jiyong out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Stop it” Dara said as she sat on her bed. She was back in the girls’ apartment after persuading them that she was feeling sicker by just staying in the HQ hospital.

 

The girls were sitting on her bed with her watching Dara's every move with worry.

 

“I said stop it will you, you lot are giving me a headache” Dara rubbed her head.

 

“Headache?!!” They all startled and held onto Dara.

 

 

Dara sighed, “I was just saying…you guys keep staring at me, it’s making me feel uncomfortable” she leaned her back on the headboard tiredly.

 

 

“mianhe” Bom whispered and then lied next to Dara, “….Yah Dara Park…you know I love you right?”

 

Dara smiled softly and nodded, “I love you too.”

 

 

“Dara, I will make the antidote arasso but you have to be strong and wait for me ok?” Gummy held onto Dara’s limp and cold hands.

 

 

Dara looked at her, she was slowly giving up hope but she couldn’t show that to Gummy or anyone else. She nodded reassuringly, “I trust you unnie…I’ll wait.”

 

Gummy let out a deep breath and forced a smile, “Don’t worry” she started getting up, “I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” She then turned to CL, “CL, I need your chief’s number”

 

CL looked at Bom and Dara before turning back to Gummy, “You sure you can do this unnie?”

 

 

“Mine or YG’s ego is not important right now, if like you said your chief’s brother in law worked at the lab then he might be able to help.”

 

Cl took Gummy’s number and typed in Chief’s contact. Gummy took her phone back and smiled bravely at Dara, “You’re going to be ok arasso.”

 

After Gummy left, Dara’s smile disappeared as she stared at the door.

 

CL noticed and she suddenly felt a lump in seeing Dara in this state. She stood up abruptly and turned to leave.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Dara sat up slightly.

 

“I’m going to help the boys catch CG” CL replied.

 

“Unnie, don’t it’s too dangerous-“

 

CL turned back to Minzy, “We don’t have enough time-“she stopped and slowly turned to Dara.

 

Dara shook her head weakly, “We don’t have much time…until I run out of time right?”

 

“That’s…that’s not what I meant Dara” CL sat back on the bed and held her hands.

 

“Ani…you’re right. Everyone’s thinking the same thing” Dara whispered as Bom hugged her tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ARGH!” Jiyong threw a guy onto the floor. He towered over him and grabbed his collar lifting the bloodied guy off the floor slightly, “Now tell me do you know where CG is?”

 

The guy shook his head nervously.

 

 

“Don’t with me” Jiyong hissed, “I know your gang has been dealing with him, so let me ask you one last ing time…where the is he?!”

 

“…I…don’t…know-“

 

 

JIyong threw his head back onto the floor and punched him before grabbing his gun. He held the gun to the guy’s temple.

 

“GD!” TOP stopped him.

 

 

“Get off!” JIyong growled and shrugged himself free before aiming the gun at the guy ready to shoot him.

 

 

“ARASSO ARRASO!” the guy suddenly shouted and begged JIyong, “…I…don’t know about CG but his right hand man..he…”

 

JIyong released the gun from his temple and stepped back to listen.

 

 

“He goes by the name of Scar…and he frequents my bar in Hongdae a lot...the... the Blue bar” the guy stuttered still lying on the floor.

 

 

“Scar?” Seungri muttered to himself, “It must be the same guy that was after the girls.”

 

 

 

JIyong straightened himself and turned to leave, “Let’s go.”

 

 

TOP turned to the man on the floor, “You were lucky today…but one word about this to CG or anyone and I will personally come back to blow your brains out.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Come in” Gummy frowned at the Sungjoon (Kim's brother in law) as he entered Gummy’s lab.

 

 He looked around nervously wondering if gangs were going to jump out of nowhere and start shooting him. It was YG after all.

 

Gummy watched him and sighed, “No one is going to kill you so can we get started?”

 

“How…can I trust you?” he stuttered.

 

“Because no one knows you’re here” Gummy replied bluntly, “They’re all out looking for CG. Trust me if GD was here then you would have every right to worry about your life.”

 

Sungjoon's eyes widened with fear.

 

“So before he comes back and skins you alive, let’s get to work” Gummy threw him a pair of lab goggles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“minzy-ah…”

 

 

“Hm unnie?” Minzy looked up at Dara who was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

 

 

 

“…Jiyong…what was he like as a kid?” Dara asked slowly.

 

Minzy smiled and sat down on the chair next to the bed, “Oppa?”

 

 

Dara nodded weakly, “I’m just really curious.”

 

 

“Oppa?” Minzy bit her lip and tried to remember, “I hated oppa. I was so scared of oppa. He never talked, never played with me or anyone, just stayed in his own world.”

 

Dara’s brows furrowed as she listened.

 

 

“I didn’t even like being in the same room as him, he had this aura around him that scared me” Minzy shook her head, “But you know why I felt that way? Because I judged oppa like every single person he meets. And I labelled him as this bad guy that he just never was.”

 

 

Dara smiled softly, "...what was he really like then?”

 

 

Minzy smiled too, “Unnie, when I was young I was really scared of the dark. I hated sleeping alone, and I used to always beg the maids to leave the lights on but they never would. Sometimes I’d cry for granddad but his room was so far away he never heard me. But one night, I could see this faint light outside my room from under the door. It was so tiny but it comforted me so much that I fell asleep just looking at it. After that, every night for months without fail, the light was always there. I was young so I thought it was some magical fairy helping me.”

 

Dara giggled slightly with Minzy.

 

 

“But one morning I heard someone shouting outside my bedroom. When I went to see what was going on, I saw one of the maid ajhumma shouting at GD oppa. Do you know why?”

 

Dara shook her head.

 

 

“Because GD oppa had been lighting candles outside my room and sleeping there every night so I wouldn't get scared.”

 

Dara’s lips parted slightly and her eyes for no reason started to blur.

 

 

“Ajhumma was shouting at him for always staining the carpets with wax. And you know even then unnie, GD oppa didn’t say anything, he just stood up and walked back to his room. That’s when I realised he must have heard me crying all those nights. That’s why he did that for me.” Minzy smiled warmly just thinking about her oppa, “Even when he knew I hated him, that I was scared of him, he still did that for me. That’s why unnie, I don’t care what people think about him or any of my oppas, because I know what he’s really like and that’s all that matters.”

 

 

Minzy suddenly looked up and caught sight a single tear trailing down Dara's cheek, “…unnie?”

 

 

Dara slowly wiped the tears away, “I guess I would have fallen for him even back then…”

 

 

Minzy couldn’t do anything but sit there, unable to help in anyway.

 

 

“…Why couldn’t I have met him then?” Dara asked wistfully, “We would have had more time that way…”

 

 

Minzy’s lips trembled and she sat there frozen.

 

 

“…minzy-ah…” Dara numbly looked back at the ceiling again now, “…if I leave…he’s going to be ok right?”

 

 

Minzy shut her eyes close and turned away unable to answer.

 

 

When Dara didn’t get a reply, she turned to face Minzy and saw her trying to stifle her cries. Dara knew the answer before she even asked but she was hoping Minzy would lie and say he would be fine. She turned back to the ceiling as another tear fell down her cheek onto the pillow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The gang arrived outside the Blue bar.

 

 

“If he is in there, he’s going to bolt as soon as he sees all 5 of us enter” Daesung said.

 

 

“No he’s not”

 

 

The boys turned around to see Bom and CL leaning on their car.

 

“What are you doing here?!” TOP growled angrily, “If anyone sees you-“

 

“Scar isn’t in there” Bom interrupted.

 

 

“How do you know about this place?” JIyong stepped forward.

 

 

“From chief. He’s been looking into Scar for a while now after he found out about CG” CL replied, “But Scar must know we’ll be looking for him now that’s why he’s not going to places he usually goes to.”

 

Jiyong kicked the ground in frustration and raked his fingers through his hair.

 

 

“What now then?” Seungri asked angrily.

 

 

“We have a plan” Bom said.

 

“No” TOP bluntly replied.

 

“You don’t even know what I was going to say-“

 

“I don’t want to know” Top walked to her, “Because I know you and I also know you’re going to do something stupid!”

 

 

“Then what’s your bright idea then?!” Bom asked back angrily, “Do you think we have a choice?? We need to find CG before something happens to Dara! And I don’t care what you do but you can’t stop me from saving my best friend!”

 

TOP closed his eyes in frustration and turned away.

 

 

 

“What’s the plan?” JIyong asked finally.

 

Bom stepped forward, “Scar is after me and CL and I don’t think CG ordered him either. I mean why poison Dara but try to kill me? And then go after CL’s mum? It makes no sense. CG got what he wanted, he poisoned Dara so he could blackmail you. But killing me or CL wouldn’t help him in anyway.”

 

“So what are you trying to say?” Taeyang asked.

 

 

“If he’s after us” CL added, “Then he’ll come for us again…so we’ll let him catch us-“

 

“Have you gone mad?!” Seungri yanked her arm turning her to face him, “He wants to kill you and you’re going to let him?!”

 

“We’ll just let him think that” CL tried to convince him, “Once he has us, you guys can track us down and catch him and then and only then can we find out where CG is!”

 

“No we’ll find another way” TOP shook his head.

 

“TOP’s right” JIyong frowned, “It’s too dangerous-“

 

“What other way is there?” Bom sighed with frustration, “Let Scar think he’s got us and then you guys can catch him and find out where CG is. Look, Scar is not going to go to places he goes anymore because he knows that we’ll use him as a way to get to CG. And I know CG is not going to reveal where he is any time soon, and by then it’ll be too late!”

 

“And if something happens to you?!” TOP asked worriedly, "No you can forget this is going to happen! What am I meant to do if something happens to you dammit Bom?!

 

Bom placed her hand on his arm, “…you’ll be there won’t you? I know you’d never let anything happen to me.”

 

 

Jiyong’s face fell slightly, Bom’s words reminding him about Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim told me that CG is trying to bargain with your gang” Sungjoon said as he accurately poured some chemicals together.

 

“And?” Gummy asked bluntly as she concentrated on her own tubes.

 

 

“Well, if CG has the antidote then is there any point of making this?” Sungjoon asked.

 

Gummy slammed her pen down and turned to him, “You honestly think a guy like CG will just hand over the antidote?? And what’s to say he even has the antidote?!”

 

“But he said-“

 

“He said? He said so it must be true? Well in my world it doesn’t work that way. So enough of your questions arasso?”

 

 

Sungjoon nodded, “Mianhe…this Dara seems really important to you.”

 

Gummy stopped what she was doing but didn’t say anything. Of course Dara mattered to her, she was like her sister now. But Dara wouldn’t be the only who would suffer if this didn’t work out. This would ruin the whole gang…this would destroy GD and she had to do whatever it took to save her family.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

[Music: The day before by Nell]

 

 

 

Dara woke up and grabbed her head in pain. She slowly sat up and rubbed her head to soothe the constant pain she felt.

 

 

Minzy was fast asleep on the chair, so Dara quietly got out of bed. She reached for the wall and supported herself as she walked out of the room and towards the kitchen.

 

 

 

After a few rests she finally got to the kitchen. She held onto the counter and reached for a glass but her grip was too weak by now and the glass fell onto the floor shattering all over. Dara startled slightly and looked at the floor in dismay. She felt too weak now so she leaned on the counter for support until she felt strong enough again.

 

 

Suddenly someone held onto her waist with two hands and lifted her up to sit on the counter. Dara’s hands automatically went onto the person’s shoulders.

 

“jiyong” Dara smiled weakly.

 

 

Jiyong released her and went onto his knees to pick up the broken pieces.

 

 

“Where have you been all day?” Dara asked, “...I missed you.”

 

 

Jiyong hand stopped on a piece for a moment and his eyes fluttered slightly before picking it up the glasses again.

 

 

“And halmoni?” Dara pouted, “How could you send her off like that without letting me say bye?”

 

JIyong stood up and threw the pieces into the bin before going to the sink beside her and washing his hands.

 

 

“Didn’t she want to see me?” Dara asked.

 

“She had work back at home-“

 

“Don’t lie” Dara said trying to make eye contact with him, “You didn’t let her see me because I look ill.”

 

 

JIyong stopped washing his hands and his jaws tensed.

 

 

Dara reached for his hands and pulled him to her. She grabbed the hand towel and gently dried his hands as he stood in front of her.

 

 

 

“Do I really look that ill?” Dara asked concentrating on his hands.

 

“No” Jiyong lied. But in reality, not a single trace of past Dara was left. Her face was pale and hollow, her lips dry and cracked, her breathing was deep and strained and her hands trembled from weakness on its own.

 

Dara broke into a small smile, “You’re the worst liar.”

 

 

Jiyong took a deep breath, “Shouldn’t you be resting?”

 

“Why?” Dara finished drying his hands and looked up at him, “So you can run off again?”

 

“Dara I need to find CG-“

 

“Before its too late I know I know” Dara sighed, “But one hour, just one hour please.”

 

JIyong hesitated and looked down at her hands, “…what…do you want me to do?”

 

Dara shrugged, “I don’t know…just don’t disappear.”

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw, that’s what he was afraid she’d do. He looked up at her and forced a smile, “ok” he picked her up in his arms and took her to the lounge before gently placing her on the sofa.

 

 

 

Dara intertwined her arms around his arm when he sat down beside her. She then stared at the empty wall opposite to her, “…why don’t you have any pictures?”

 

“Of who?” JIyong asked.

 

“I don’t know…the gang, halmoni…” Dara replied, 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“What do you mean why?” Dara furrowed her brows, “So you can look at them. If they’re not close to you then you can remember them that way.”

 

 

 

JIyong nodded slowly, “When you get better…we’ll put pictures up.”

 

“chincha?” Dara smiled.

 

“Hm” Jiyong replied.

 

“What else shall we do then?” Dara snuggled closer to him.

 

Jiyong shrugged, “I don’t know…we’ll do what normal couples do.”

 

 

Dara smiled and , “I don’t think there are many cop and gang leader couples around.”

 

But JIyong remained serious, “I know. That’s why I’ll leave YG.”

 

Dara froze slightly, she slowly looked up at him, “…what are you saying?”

 

“You’ll always be in danger if I’m in YG. I can’t give you what you need while I’m part of the gang-“

 

“And what makes you think I want this?” Dara sat up slowly, “Jiyong, YG needs you....without you what are they going to do?”

 

“And what if I don’t leave? CG isn’t the only person we’ll have to deal with Dara. Hundreds of people just like him will come and that only means you’re going to be in danger over and over again.”

 

“And the gang?” Dara asked again slowly, “Without you...who’s going to protect them?”

 

JIyong sat there silently. He’d made up his mind already, he was going to leave YG as soon as Dara got better.

 

 

“Jiyong don’t put me before you...” Dara said weakly, “Think about yourself...think about the gang that’s been there without you since the beginning.”

 

“And you?” Jiyong asked, “What about you?”

 

Dara placed her head on his shoulder, “What about me? I’ll always be next to you. I don’t need all those things like getting married, having a house and stuff.”

 

“Don’t lie.”

 

“I’m being serious”, Dara replied, “Don’t you know I have commitment issues?”

 

Jiyong raised a brow, “You have commitment issues?”

 

“hm” Dara sat up again, “Why do you think my past boyfriends left me?”

 

“Wait” Jiyong stopped her, “Those b*stards left you?!”

 

Dara nodded, “...they wanted to go further and get married but I just wasn’t interested-“ dara stopped when she saw Jiyong rubbing his head, “…are you ok?”

 

 

“You’re relationships were that serious?” Jiyong asked.

 

Dara sighed realising he was just jealous, “I said no though... to all of them.”

 

“More than 1 asked you to marry him?!” JIyong raised his voice slightly.

 

 

“Ani” Dara shook her head, “Only 3-“

 

“THREE?!”

 

Dara startled slightly and closed her eyes. Suddenly she felt Jiyong grab her hand. She opened her eyes and saw Jiyong take the ring he gave her off her thumb and then slide it onto her ring finger.

 

“There now we’re married” Jiyong said angrily.

 

“Um…Jiyong that’s the wrong hand” Dara said slowly.

 

“sh!t” Jiyong mumbled before sliding it on the ring finger of the left hand.

 

 

Dara smiled slightly, but quickly straightened her expression, “What do you mean we’re married. Is this how a guy proposes?”

 

“I’m not proposing” Jiyong said bluntly, “I’m telling you we’re married.”

 

“And what about the vows?” Dara asked but Jiyong just looked back at her as if he had no idea what she was on about, “You don’t know the vows? You know in sickness and in health, till death do us apart-“

 

Jiyong’s face fell slightly.

 

“…sorry” Dara whispered.

 

“What kind of crap vows are those?” Jiyong scowled.

 

 

Dara bit her lips, “Yea… you’re right we don’t need those vows…why don’t you make your own then.”

 

“My own?” Jiyong’s eyes widened.

 

Dara nodded, “Then I’ll consider marrying you.”

 

“…I have to…talk about…what exactly?” JIyong genuinely asked.

 

Dara giggled weakly, she placed her small hand on his chest, “Just tell me how you feel in here, why do you want to marry me?…it worked on me last time remember?”

 

JIyong felt her soft warm hand on his chest and he looked down before placing his hand there.

 

“In here?”

 

Dara weakly nodded before her hand slipped from under his.

 

Jiyong clutched his shirt and his expression darkened, “In here…”

 

 

Dara leaned her head on the sofa and watched him.

 

 

 

“In here….I feel…miserable” Jiyong said numbly.

 

 

Dara’s eyes fluttered slightly but she didn’t say anything.

 

 

 

“Ever since I found out what happened to you, every single minute I keep wishing it was me suffering and not you” Jiyong said through gritted teeth, “Because I feel like you’re being punished for every single wrong thing I’ve done in my life.”

 

Dara slowly sat up again, her expression full of worry now.

 

 

“I keep kicking myself for not letting you go sooner. If I’d never met you, or if I’d not tried to find you then you wouldn’t be fighting for your life like this” Jiyong clenched his hands into fists.

 

“But do you know what the worst part is?” Jiyong asked, “Even now, this stupid thing” he hit his chest, “It doesn’t want to give up on you! When you get better, I still won’t be able to give you up…that’s why I have to give up everything else.”

 

 

Dara expression softened as her vision blurred from the tears.

 

 

 

“Even if you leave me…I’ll have to find you. I’ll find you over and over again, I’ll start over and over again just to protect you. And next time I won’t let anyone hurt you. I won’t do a single wrong thing ever again if it means I can keep you safe” JIyong clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.

 

 

Dara smiled sadly before reaching for his hand, “…and do you know I would marry you?”

 

 

Jiyong looked up with red shot eyes.

 

 

“…because Kwon Jiyong…you are a good man” she said simply.

 

Jiyong looked at her perplexed, how could he be a good man? All the wrong things he’s done in his life, he was starting to forget he was even human.

 

 

“You’re a good person” Dara repeated, “And don’t you dare let anyone else tell you otherwise. I know. I’ve seen the way you care about your family, the way you protect them so stop looking at yourself like everyone else sees you and start looking at yourself the way I see you.”

 

Jiyong stared at her numbly, even in her dying breaths she wouldn’t give up on him.

 

 

“Arasso?” Dar asked quietly, her breathing becoming more laboured.

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth and nodded slowly.

 

 

 

Dara held onto his hands weakly, “…Jiyong…I know you’ll try your hardest to save me…but-“

 

Jiyong held onto her hands now and shook his head.

 

 

“no…listen” Dara tilted her head to get a better view of him, “…but if this…it doesn’t work…then you can’t blame yourself…you have to move on…can you do that for me?”

 

Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

“…please Jiyong” Dara started to cry now.

 

Jiyong shook his head again, “Don’t talk like that.”

 

“…jiyong-“

 

“Don’t talk like you’re going to leave me…please” Jiyong begged her.

 

Dara smiled as the tears kept falling from her eyes, “…but it’s ok Jiyong, because even if I leave…you promised me you’d find me right? If not in this…..this lifetime, then even in the next…. I’ll wait for you to find me.”

 

Jiyong’s face fell and so did the tears.

 

Dara shook her head and wiped his tears away with her hands, "I promise I'll wait for you..." she cupped his face and leaned in to gently kiss him.