Time waits for no one

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung?", Chief rang his brother in law, "Where are you right now?"

 

"Work. Wae?", Sungjoon replied.

 

"Hyung...we need to meet up", chief said quietly, "It's about a drug that you guys developed at the defence science organisation."

 

"Here at the DSO?", Sungjoon asked puzzled.

 

"Hyung I can't talk about this over the phone, can I meet you?", chief kim asked.

 

"Arasso come by to ours after work", Sungjoon replied.

 

"Thank you hyung...and hyung...don't tell anyone at work about this ok."

 

"...ok", Sungjoon asked slightly worried now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We need to think of something to make them believe we can trust Chief", Bom sighed.

 

Minzy leaned on the table and sighed heavily, "They don't look like they're going to budge."

 

"We can't do it without them though", CL said, "They need to accept this whether they like it or not."

 

Minzy suddenly stood up when she saw Jiyong.

 

 

JIyong walked into the kitchen in a daze not noticing the girls talking about how to get the boys to accept working with the boys.

 

 

Feeling guilty about getting angry at hm earlier, Minzy bit her lip and looked warily at him, "...oppa" she called out slowly.

 

Jiyong looked up realising the girls were there. He nodded slightly before getting himself a glass of water. He was to deep in thought about Dara. How was he going to change her mind about leaving. He had only 24 hours to do so but he didn't know how.

 

 

 

 

Bom nudged Minzy and whispered, "...go talk to him."

 

Minzy pouted nervously and walked to him.

 

 

 

"....oppa?"

 

"Huh?", JIyong turned to face her tiredly.

 

"...I'm sorry about earlier", Minzy said only looking into his eyes for a split second.

 

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows when suddenly a thought came into his mind, if there was any chance of this working he might need help from Minzy.

 

 

 

"If you're sorry", Jiyong started, "Do something for me."

 

Minzy looked at him confused, "What is it?"

 

 

Jiyong paused slightly before looking at  the other two, "....Dara wants to leave the country."

 

"What?!", Bom and CL stood up in shock.

 

"She wants to go to her parents", JIyong explained.

 

"In America?!"

 

"What..but how can she?", Minzy stuttered.

 

"She asked me for help", JIyong said.

 

"Oppa! You can't be serious?!"

 

 

"I'll go talk some sense into her!", CL was about to walk out.

 

 

"No", Jiyong stopped her.

 

 

"What do you mean no?", Bom stepped forward, "Do you want her to leave?"

 

 

"Of course not!", JIyong retorted, "But do you think I can force that girl to do anything?!"

 

 

"What...are we going to do then?", Minzy panicked.

 

 

"...That's where I need your help", JIyong said to the three girls.

 

 

They waited curiosuly for him to say something.

 

 

"She's promised me 24 hours", JIyong said, "That means I have 24 hours to make her change her mind. Can you help?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP screeched his car stop at a familiar place. He punched his steering wheel, cursing at himself for coming back to this place.

 

He slowly looked to his left at the gambling casino, knowing this was where hsi father would be. He never told the others that he came here sometimes, admitting something like that would mean he was weak and he was never going to let that man be the reason for making him like this. But at the same time, what other reason could there be for him being here hoping to just get a glimpse of his dad.

 

TOP leaned his head back on the seat and waited for that moment his dad stepped out, it usually took hours since he spent most of his day in there.

 

He gritted his teeth angrily when he remembered Bom asking him to join forces with the police. He hit the steering wheel again and closed his eyes in anger. The police? Those guys who he looked up to since childhood, those guys that threw him in jail without a single shred of evidence because they couldn't be bothered, the men that ruined his life, Bom wanted him to work with them.

 

"Never!", he muttered, he didn't care but he was never going to work with a cop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Cl!", Seungri called her as she wallked out of the lounge where the girls were talking to Jiyong.

 

She squinted her eyes slightly wondering if he was still annoyed at her for suggesing working with chief.

 

"Here", he said gruffily handing her an envelope.

 

CL took it without a word and opened it warily. As she read the paper her face fell and she quickly put the paper back into th envelope.

 

 

"Before you say no", Seungri said before she could say anything, "Think about Min young."

 

CL looked up at him anxiously.

 

"I know what you're thinking, but I wouldn't even be giving you that if I didn't think he was the best", Seungri said. He'd been in contact with doctors for Min young behind CL's back. He knew if she found out she would have tried to stop him like before, but this time was different, they were together on the same side now. It was time for her to move on and do what's right instead of hiding.

 

 

"Seungri....I've told you before...I've..I've tried and it's always the same...they can't do anything...", CL stuttered.

 

"This time it'll be different", Seungri assured her, "He can make her better again, he can make Min young your mum again."

 

CL looked away nervously, how many times had she heard that. What if this time she really believed Seungri and it turned out like every other time. She couldn't go through that again and she couldn't let Min young go through it too.

 

 

"You have a chance here", Seungri said knowing what she was thinking, "Do you want to throw that away just because you're scared you'll get hurt?"

 

Cl closed her eyes shut knowing he was telling the truth but she did't want to believe it. She wanted to think that she was doing everything that was right for Minyoung.

 

 

 

"You're not alone this time" Seungri finally said, "...Even if you do get hurt, I'm here this time."

 

Cl's eyes fluttered open and her gaze slowly met his.

 

"Just...lean on me for once." he said softly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara turned towards the door when she heard something. She sat up on her bed and saw a note on the floor by the door. With furrowed brows she got off the bed and walked towards it. 

 

She bent down and picked up the folded piece of paper. She carefully opened the note up and read it:

 

From the moment you open this note our 24 hours starts.

 

Remember what I asked of you...to love me wholeheartedly, just like you would have

if we were together? For the next 24 hours you've promised to be mine Dara Park.

So with that in mind, get ready and meet me downstairs in 10 minutes.

 

Jiyong

 

 

 

 

Dara stood there for a moment before opening the door in a hurry to see if she could catch him, but she was only met with the three girls.

 

"Oh"

 

"Oh indeed", Minzy said before pushing Dara back into her room.

 

"...what's going on?", Dara asked in surprise.

 

"You're leaving and you weren't going to tell us?", Bom asked hurt.

 

"Ani...it's not like that Bom ah", Dara sighed reaching for her hand, "I was going to tell you."

 

"You think I'll let you leave?", CL said slightly angry.

 

Dara hung her head low sadly, "...mianhe."

 

 

"Forget it", Minzy said pushing her to sit on the bed, "We've got more important things to worry about here. G oppa is waiting for-"

 

"About that", Dara stopped her, "...can you tell him I don't think this is a good idea."

 

The girls panicked slightly, "Dara what do you mean?"

 

 

"...I just don't think it's a good idea", she shook her head.

 

 

Bom sighed and sat down beside her, "If you're really leaving...don't you want to remember back on the good memories?"

 

Dara looked at her before looking at the floor.

 

"...unnie", Minzy kneeled in front of her, "Please?"

 

"...I don't know"

 

 

"You deserve just a bit of happiness", Bom said, "Even if it's just for 24 hours...be in love."

 

"..in love?", Dara asked herself slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP's eyes shot open when he heard loud noise outside. He turned towards the casino and sat up quickly when he saw his dad being kicked out once again. He tightned his grip on the steering wheel as he saw the men kicking him on the ground. He wasn't going to get involved, he wasn't going to help someone like him.

 

 

 

 

"UGH!", Mr Choi shouted in agony as the casino staff kicked him onto the curb again.

 

"If you don't have money don't come back!" they shouted before kicking him again.

 

 

Mr Choi withered in pain but started laughing again.

 

"He's bloody mad", the security hissed before kicking him again.

 

Mr Choi grabbed his stomach where he was picked and laughed again, obviously drunk.

 

"HIT ME!", he shouted, "HIT ME ALL YOU WANT!"

 

The guard picked him up and punched him angrily.

 

Mr Choi fell back and hit his head on the ground, "HIT ME AGAIN!! I DARE YOU!"

 

 

"Aish!", the bouncer started walking towards him when someone placed a strong hand  on his shoulder. He spun around and came face to face with TOP.

 

 

Mr Choi slowly sat up in shock not believing that it was his son.

 

 

"Who are you?!", the guard hit TOP's hand off him.

 

"That doesn't matter", TOP muttered, "Leave that man alone."

 

The guard pulled his fist up to punch TOP but TOP swiftly, without even blinking, twisted his arm until he heard a crack and kicked him back onto the floor.

 

"AGHHH!", the man rolled around in pain.

 

 

TOP didn't even glance at his father as he started walking away.

 

 

 

 

"SEUNGHYUN!"

 

 

TOP gritted his teeth and kept walking.

 

 

"Seunghyung?!", Mr CHoi struggled to stand up, "Son!"

 

 

Suddenly TOP stopped, 'Son?'

 

 

"...Son?", Mr Choi stood up and tried to walk to him.

 

 

"You lost the right to call me that a long time ago", TOP said bluntly before getting into his car and driving away.. He looked at the side mirror and saw his father standing there on the road watching him drive away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara stepped out of the lobby slowly and stopped as she saw Jiyong leaning on his bike waiting for her. His back was facing her and she stood there numbly as she stared at his back.

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

"Even if it's just for 24 hours...be in love." Bom said.

 

"In love?",  Dara asked herself.

 

"Unnie what do you want more than anything in this whole world?", Minzy asked.

 

Jiyong, Dara thought.

 

"Oppa right?", Minzy asked making Dara look at her wide eyed, "if it's oppa then for this one day have him."

 

"Minzy's right", CL said, "Dara you and GD deserve this much...come on please. For one day forget everything that's happened and just be in love with him."

 

Dara hesitated.

 

"If you miss this then...you'll never get a second chance" Bom said, "This is your last and final chance to be with him."

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

 

 

She was already in love with him. That's the reason she was running away because she couldn't stop hating herself for loving her. But...if all her life was going to be spent hatng herself for loving him, couldn't she be selfish and love him the way she always dreamed of for just one last day. After that she could go away and never look back. 

 

 

 

JIyong sensing someone behind him he turned around and stood up when he saw Dara. She decided to come.

 

 

Dara suddenly put on a smile and walked up to him with her hands behind her back. She nervously stood in front of him not knowing what to say. But this much she knew, if they were to spend the rest of their lives apart then she was going to give him and take with her the happiest memories of them. Maybe then the pain would be a little less that way.

 

 

 

"You came", Jiyong broke into a relieved smile.

 

Dara bit her lip and took a deep breath. She didn't know if she was doing the right thing but she so badly wanted to experience being happy in love with him for once. She looked up at him and smiled, "Kwon Jiyong...I'm yours for the next 24 hours."

 

Jiyong blinked slightly as he saw Dara smile brightly at her. That smile of hers, the one that made him feel like nothing was wrong in this world was back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Cl?", Seungri asked when he saw her outside his apartment.

 

 

"...do you want to go see mum?", CL asked slowly.

 

Seungri smiled and nodded before she caught a glimpse of the envelope she was holding, "...Are you..."

 

 

CL nodded, "You're right...I need to do this for omma...let's do the surgery."

 

Seungri smiled and pulled her into a hug, "No matter what I'll protect you...I'll protect you both."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir", a man in white coat entered CG's office.

 

"What is it?", CG asked darkly.

 

The man placed a case in front of him.

 

 

"Ah", CG grinned as he opened the case revealing a small bottle, "Does it work?"

 

"Yes sir, we diluted drug X enough for it to slowly accumlate in the body without the pain side effects."

 

"Perfect", CG grinned, "How long until the internal organs start to fail?"

 

"Less than a week sir"

 

"A slow death then", he smirked evilly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are we doing?" Dara asked as Jiyong took his helmet off and waited for Dara to get off.

 

 

As Dara got off she noticed JIyong taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and opening it up, "...what's that?"

 

"Huh?", Jiyong looked at her before quickly folding it back up.

 

"Hey", Dara reached for the paper and pulled it off JIyong before he could hide it.

 

 

"Wait Dara!", Jiyong got off the bike and stepped towards her.

 

 

But Dara just stepped back and read the paper, it was a list of things to do and she looked up at him confused.

 

 

Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck, the girls had actually compiled a list of things for couples to do including Dara's favourite things and places she liked to go to.

 

 

 

"Did you make this?", Dara asked.

 

"Ani...the girls.."

 

"What is it?", Dara asked reading the list again, "...wait...things to do on a date?"

 

 

JIyong looked away awkwardly, "...Ani...I don't know what you as a couple so...I didn't want you to miss anything."

 

 

Dara's face softened and she smiled slightly, how could he be so innocent and petrifying at the same time?

 

 

 

"What do you want to do first then?", Jiyong asked nodding at the paper she was holding.

 

"Are we going to do all of these?", Dara asked happily.

 

"Every single one"

 

Dara clapped her hands excitedly.

 

 

"Let's go", Jiyong bravely put his hand out for her to hold.

 

Dara's face fell slightly as she stared down at his hand.

 

 

He sighed and pulled his hand back before walking ahead of her.

 

 

"Forget everything just for one day..."

 

 

 

Dara took a deep breath and ran to his side before intertwinning her fingers into his. Jiyong looked down in surprise but noticed Dara looking straight ahead shyly.

 

"I want...couple tees first", she said not looking at him.

 

"What?", Jiyong asked bewildered.

 

"It's on the list" Dara waved the piece of paper in front of him.

 

Jiyong groaned quietly as Dara smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP entered his apartment and paused when he saw the lights on in the lounge. He furrowed his brows and walked to find Bom watching TV there.

 

 

Bom turned around when she heard him, "Where have you been?"

 

TOP shook his head and smiled half heartedly.

 

 

 

"...are you still mad at me?", Bom asked as she slowly stood up.

 

TOP sighed and looked at her tiredly.

 

Bom bit her lip, "...I'm...sorry."

 

"It's ok", TOP said as he rubbed his forehead.

 

"You're hurt!", Bom ran up to him and pulled his hand to her, she traced her fingers over his grazed knuckles, "Did you get in a fight?! Where?! Are you hurt anywhere else?"

 

TOP shook his head, "I'm fine-"

 

 

Bom ran to the kitchen and put some ice cubes into a towel before bringing it back to TOP.

 

 

She placed it gently on his knuckles and then looked up at him angrily, "You're always getting into trouble you know that!"

 

TOP looked down at his hand as she pressed the cold towel on his fist.

 

 

"...I..went to see him"

 

Bom paused and looked at him, she knew exactly who he was talking about.

 

 

"...did...you fight with him?", Bom asked.

 

TOP smiled slightly, "No...I got in a fight for him."

 

 

"...Is he ok?", Bom asked slowly.

 

"He's fine", TOP muttered, "Hasn't changed a bit."

 

 

 

 

"...why...did you go there?", Bom asked warily, afraid he might shut her off again like he always did when it came to his dad.

 

 

"Because of you", TOP said making her eyes flicker up to meet his, "I went there to see if there was even a chance of forgiving him. I thought if I could forgive him then maybe I can work with your chief...but in the end I just remembered how much I hated him."

 

Bom sighed, "...someday you're going to have to forgive him-"

 

TOP pulled his hand away from her roughly, "That's not going to happen."

 

"How can you live life with so much hatred?"

 

TOP stood up angrily, "I've been living fine all this time-"

 

"Have you?! You don't trust anyone and you won't forgive anyone-"

 

"I forgave you didn't I?!", TOP shouted.

 

Bom flinched slightly.

 

"I forgave you!", TOP shouted, "I did that much! Isn't that enough?!"

 

 

"Does that mean you trust me?", Bom asked slowly.

 

TOP raked his fingers through his hair, "Of course."

 

"Then trust me when I say Chief Kim can help-"

 

"Don't!", TOP growled before turning away from her.

 

"You just said you trust me-"

 

"You don't get it!", TOP muttered.

 

"I do!", Bom walked around and stood in front of him, "The police betrayed me too! You're not the only person who's suffering TOP!"

 

TOP clenched his jaw and glared at her.

 

"If you've really forgiven me then trust me on this one!", Bom said, "I wouldn't be saying this otherwise."

 

TOP shook his head and looked away.

 

Bom took a deep breath angrily, "Fine! When you've actually forgiven me then come find me! Until then what's the point of all this!"

 

"Bom!", TOP called out for her but she just stormed out of the apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No"

 

"This one?"

 

"No"

 

"What about this one?"

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Aish!", Dara threw the t-shirts back on the counter, "YAH!"

 

"What?!", JIyong asked nonchalantly.

 

"Are you going to say no to every single one of them?!", Dara asked angrily.

 

 

JIyong sighed and picked one up, "Pink flying pigs", he picked another, "love hearts", he pointed at another one "puppies saying I love you. You honestly think I'm going to wear those?"

 

"That's the whole point though!" Dara stomped her feet, "I mean you're the one that wanted to do this and now you're saying you don't want to?!"

 

"Can't we just ge plain back tees-"

 

"Are you serious you babo?!", Dara shouted at him, "Aish this namja!" before storming off.

 

 

JIyong ran his fingers through his hair in fustration, he turned back to the lovey dovey shirts and cringed at the sight.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Dara pouted as she waited outside the shop. To be honest she didn't really like those kinds of shirts either, but every single couple in Korea does it why can't they? Why does Jiyong have to be so different from the male species, such as anomaly.

 

 

"uhum", 

 

 

Dara heard JIyong clear his throat behind her, she turned around and glared at him as he walked up to her side.

 

 

"Aish", Jiyong ruffled his hair in embarassment before handing her a bag.

 

"What?!", Dara took the bag and took out the puppies saying I love you shirt, "You honestly think I'm going to wear this by myself like a loner?!"

 

 

JIyong cleared his throat awkwardly again before ping his leather jacket revealing the same shirt underneath.

 

 

Dara gasped and smiled brightly at him.

 

"aish", JIyong groaned embarassedy before zipping up his jacket.

 

Dara looked back at the tee unable to describe how happy she felt just because of one t-shirt. She suddenly blinked and looked at JIyong, "Omo...was that our first couple fight?"

 

"First fight?", JIyong raised a brow in disbelief, "I think our first fight was when you hit me with a chair on our first meeting."

 

Dara looked away guiltily, "Ani that's not what I meant, I mean it's the first time we've actually fought about something normal couples fight about."

 

Jiyong's face fell slightly, realising how today might be the first and last day they'll spend as a normal couple. He tightened his jaw determined not to let that happen.

 

"Let's go!", he abruptly held her hand and pulled her away afraid of running out of time.