Joining forces

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Bom"

 

 

Bom turned around and saw TOP standing by the door, she smiled sadly and turned back to Dara's hair as she slept.

 

 

"Is she asleep?", TOP walked up to her.

 

Bom nodded, she tucked Dara in a bit more and stood up, "let's leave her to rest."

 

TOP nodded and traced her hand, holding it tightly before walking out of the room.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Oppa just tell unnie" Minzy said to Jiyong in the lounge, "This is just too much."

 

"Minzy's right", Taeyang stepped forward, "I know what you're trying to do...but she has a right to know what really happened."

 

 

JIyong leaned by the window with his arms crossed across his chest. He stared out at the dark wet night as he struggled to figure out what the right thing was to do.

 

 

"I think they're right GD...I'll try to make Dara understand", CL suggested just as TOP and Bom entered the lounge.

 

 

 

"Hyung?", Seungri called out to Jiyong, "...don't you think she'll end up more angry at you for not telling her?"

 

Jiyong finally turned around, "Do you think I care if she ends up hating me?"

 

 

"What do you want to do then?", Minzy asked, "Take responsibility for something you didn't even do?!"

 

"If that means keeping her safe then yes!" JIyong retorted.

 

 

"We can keep her safe-"

 

"How?!", Jiyong raised his voice, "By locking her up in a room?! For how long?! You think thats going to work?!"

 

"But hyung", Daesung started.

 

"Dara and the girls ran away from here before without us even noticing!", Jiyong growled, "You think I'm going to take the risk?!"

 

 

Bom and CL looked at each other, they knew Jiyong was right. They knew Dara more than anyone, and if it meant finding the real killer and punishing him then she would do whatever it took.

 

 

 

"So what now?" Daesung sighed.

 

 

"It's simple", Minzy said as she sat down.

 

The others looked at her curiously.

 

 

Minzy looked up straight at Jiyong oppa, "G oppa and none of us will tell Dara unnie the truth, she'll then keep on hating G oppa until she leaves you forever."

 

JIyong stiffened slightly but he kept his composre while the others looked up at him.

 

"Right oppa?", Minzy said seriously, she wanted him to understand the depth of his sacrifice. Surely telling Dara unnie was the right thing to do, after what she saw today, she knew it was the right thing to do but she also knew that JIyong had to make this decision.

 

 

"Minzy", Bom whispered to her to stop her.

 

 

"What are you going to do when she's gone?", Minzy continued staring straight at Jiyong, "How are you going to protect her then?"

 

Jiyong looked away, her words stabbing him.

 

 

"Minzy that's enough", TOP tried to calm Minzy down.

 

But Minzy just shrugged him off and stood up, "Oppa...you're still thinking about yourself."

 

Jiyong's eyes flickered slightly and he looked back at Minzy.

 

"All your life you've always thought about yourself, you've always been this selfish", Minzy said.

 

"Myself?" Jiyong asked, "You think I want to lie to her?! You think I'm enjoying this?!"

 

"Exactly", Minzy said, "There you go again."

 

The others including Jiyong looked at her in confusion.

 

 

"Always doing everything on your own", Minzy sighed heavily, "Always the leader, you never let anyone in,  you just suffer on your own...all your life you've been like this."

 

Jiyong's face fell slightly as he listened to Minzy.

 

 

"Did you ever once think how much Dara unnie is hurting because she thinks you killed Sanghyun oppa?!", Minzy asked angrily, "HAve you ever once thought how upset we get when we see you fight every single one of your battles alone in the?! How guilty, how helpless we all feel because we can't do anything for you?!"

 

 

She was right, and the boys knew it too. Although they were a family, Jiyong did everything himself, he hated the thought of someone else being troubled or hurt so he chose to do things his own way so only he would get hurt. 

 

 

"Think about unnie for once", Minzy begged, "Don't you see she's hurting because of you and no one else?! What's the point of wanting to keep her safe when all she wants to do is die-"

 

"MINZY!", Jiyong shouted suddenly. He hated that thought, every night that same image of Dara being hurt scared him. It was just too real coming from someone else.

 

 

"If it hurts you that much imagine how Dara unnie must feel" Minzy shook her head before going to her bedroom.

 

 

The others watched as Jiyong leaned back on the wall and slid to the floor, his knee propped up and his arm hanging on it. He looked at the floor in a daze, not knowing why things had to be this way.

 

 

 

 

"....we'll go check on Minzy", Bom and CL stood up slowly and walked away.

 

 

 

TOP approached JIyong and sat next to him while the others approached them.

 

 

"She's right you know", TOP said.

 

Jiyong looked at him stoically.

 

"You're exactly like that", TOP said.

 

"So you want me to tell Dara too?", Jiyong asked.

 

TOP sighed, "Even I don't know what you should do."

 

 

"Yes...and no", Taeayng suddenly spoke up, "If you're scared she might get hurt then don't tell her...but if you want to see her happy, live life again then yes...you need to tell her."

 

JIyong furrowed his brows not understanding.

 

 

Taeyang chuckled slightly, "GD, she's not like us, just because you're willing to sacrifice everything for YG like you've done all these years and made decisions for us...it's not oing to be the same for her."
 

"It's for her", JIyong said, "To protect her."

 

"Like I said, she's not one of us", Taeyang repeated, "She's Dara. She doesn't belong to you like YG does do you understand? She had a life before you...don't you think she deserves one now? She's not someone you can protect just like you protect us...she's someone you have to protect from here", he tapped his heart gently.

 

JIyong's eyes suddenly softened,

 

 

"If you want to protect everyone then protect me too!", Dara said tiredly, "I want you to protect me!!"

 

"That's what I was doing today Dara...I was protecting you-"

 

"No", Dara cried, "You don't understand I don't want you to protect me risking your life and killing like you did today! I want you to protect me here!" she hit her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"GET OUT!!", CG shouted at Scar and the other men and spun around to face the wall on his chair. 

 

He grimaced, his men still couldn't locate where E7 was held. He couldn't wait any longer.

 

With the girls still with YG, it could mean they're working together. He had to get the drug and get out of Soeul before they found any evidence agaisnt him. 

 

There was only one way now...if what Scar said was true from the night at the club, then YG and the girls may have become close. Could this mean that if something happened to the girls...YG would give him what he wanted?

 

He smirked as a plan formed in his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Was I too out of line?", Minzy asked Bom and CL.

 

Bom shook her head, "He needed to know"

 

"If he doesn't tell her soon then I will!", Minzy said angrily.

 

 

"Minzy you've got to see it from his point of view too", CL said, "GD is right about Dara...when she's angry she doesn't think straight."

 

"So let her get angry", Minzy replied, "She has every right to be."

 

"Except the guy that killed Sanghyun oppa is CG and we now know what he can do...it's best for Dara not to know maybe." Bom said.

 

 

"How are we going to get that b*stard?", Minzy muttered.

 

 

"I wonder if chief's found out anything yet?", Cl asked herself.

 

"When was the last time you spoke to him?", Bom asked.

 

"Not since we were on the run, he's probably been trying to contact us", CL sighed.

 

 

"Wait you mean the police?", Minzy suddenly asked

 

"It's not what you think Minzy", Bom calmed her down, "He's on our side."

 

"Are you sure?", Minzy asked warily, "ISn't CG in the police too?"

 

"Trust me...he's like appa to us", CL added.

 

 

Minzy bit her lip for a moment, "...if he really is a good guy...why don't we ask oppas to work with him? It might help us find what CG's up to faster."

 

"Seriously Minzy?", Bom asked shocked, "You said yourself the guys hate the police."

 

 

"No...Minzy might be right", CL said.

 

"Yeah", Minzy nodded, "Let's give it a try"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong hesitated outside Dara's room for a moment before slowly turning the door handle and walking into the dinly lit room. The curtains were closed and a single lamp was lit beside where Dara was sleeping, illuminating her skin softly in the darkness. 

 

He walked up to her bed and sat on the edge of the bed staring at the wall.

 

 

The bed dipped slightly when he sat down, and Dara slowly fluttered her eyes open. She laid there as she watched the side of JIyong's worried and pain stricken face. 

 

He ran his fingers through his hair before letting out a deep sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"....i think I need to leave..."

 

 

Jiyong looked behind him to see Dara watching him tiredly. He furrowed his brows not understanding what she was saying.

 

 

Still lying on her side, she whispered again, "...i need to leave."

 

She saw nervousness flicker in his eyes, and her heart pricked.

 

 

"...when oppa...died", she stuttered, "...mum and dad couldn't stay in Seoul because everything here reminded them of oppa", a single tear fell vertically down onto the pillow, "...so they left and went to America."

 

Jiyong still couldn't understand what she was saying, deep inside panic was making his heart beat fast.

 

 

"...I refused to go...because...", Dara looked away, "...I wanted to catch whoever did this to oppa..."

 

JIyong looked away guiltly too.

 

 

 

 

"....what I said earlier", Dara was now staring at the ceiling, "...i meant it...I ..can't love you anymore."

 

 

JIyong closed his eyes not wanting to hear any of this.

 

 

 

Dara said, "...If I stay here...I know I'll become greedy...I'll want you"

 

 

"Then stay", JIyong said quietly.

 

 

Dara looked up at him, "How am I meant to face omma and appathen? How can I do that to oppa?"

 

 

JIyong shook his head, refusing to believe what she was saying, "It's too dangerous-"

 

"That's why I need your help". Dara stopped him.

 

JIyong looked at her confused.

 

"...You have connections I know that much...help me get out of the country-"

 

 

JIyong stood up and stepped back.

 

 

Dara slowly sat up in her bed, "...help me leave"

 

 

 

Jiyong shook his head and walked to the door.

 

 

"It's the only way I can keep loving you without feeling like I want to kil myself!", Dara said fighting the tears.

 

 

JIyong stood in front of the door not saying anything, he grabbed tightly onto the door handle trying to support himself.

 

 

"I love you!", Dara said as tears fell, "I get it now! I love you and as much as I hate myself for it that's never going to change! But I can't be with you! Don't you see JIyong...it's the only way-"

 

 

"It's not the only way!", JIyong turned to face her angrily, "It's not the only ing way!!"

 

 

Dara sat there quietly as she looked at him completely heartbroken.

 

 

"It can't be...I just...I just want you safe", Jiyong whispered to himself.

 

"How am I safe with you?", she whispered back.

 

 

JIyong slowly looked at her, how could she not be safe with him?

 

 

"...didn't I tell you to protect me ...in here", she placed her hand on her chest before shaking her head, "...you...couldn't in the end."

 

JIyong's face fell hurt.

 

 

"...that's why I need to go", Dara said biting her trembling lip, "...will you help?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"TOP", Bom walked up to him in the lounge where the boys were.

 

"Is Minzy ok?", TOP asked but just then Cl and Minzy walked in.

 

Bom turned to look at them and they nodded at her to tell to tell the boys.

 

 

"What is it?", Seungri stood up noticing the glances.

 

Bom turned back to the boys, "I think we might have a way of getting info on CG."

 

"How?", Taeyang asked from behind while TOP curiously looked at Bom.

 

 

Bom slowly looked at TOP, he really wasn't going to like what she had to say, "....TOP....I honestly wouldn't be asking this if I didn't think this would work..."

 

"What is it?", TOP asked slowly.

 

 

"...Our chief has been trying to help clear our name by finding info on CG-"

 

"Wait", TOP stopped her.

 

Bom gulped when she saw TOP's face darken.

 

"...look...I trust him and he'll be able to help-"

 

"You can't be serious?!", TOP shouted.

 

Bom flinched slightly.

 

 

 

"No way", Seungri shook his head as Taeyang and Daesung stood up in protest.

 

 

"Seungri listen to me", CL stepped forward.

 

"Cl, it's the police!", Seungri retorted, "You girls have really lost the plot this time!"

 

"He can be trusted!", CL said.

 

"Like CG?!", Seungri asked back.

 

 

 

 

"TOP...", Bom tried to reach for TOP's arm, "He's been helping us, when we were on the run he was the only one that believed us-"

 

"No", TOP shook his head.

 

 

 

"He might trust you"< Taeyang said, "But we're the biggest underground gang there is and the police have been after us for god knows how long!"

 

"That doesn't matter to him", Bom said, "He can help."

 

"If you think I'm going to join forces with the police then you're out of your mind Park Bom", TOP muttered before walking away.

 

"It's the only way to stop all this!", Bom shouted, "Do you expect us to hide here forever? You can't protect us like this-"

 

"Then I'll find another way!", TOP shouted back, "You out of all the people should know how much I hate the police!"

 

"I'm in the police force too!", Bom shouted.

 

"Were! You were! Until they betrayed you! Now do you see what I mean?!" TOP growled before storming out.

 

 

 

Bom stood there in shock as the others eyed each other nervously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hmmmm", CG snickered in his dark room as he looked at a single tiny bottle of the deadly drug, "Now...Lee Charin...Park Bom...Park Dara...which of you is going to be the lucky one?"

 

He picked up the bottle and grinned, "It's a shame I had to resort to this."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Call chief", CL said once in Minzy's room.

 

Bom looked up at her, "You heard what the boys said-"

 

"I know but...", Cl sighed.

 

"I'm giving you persmission", Minzy said, "I'm the technically the head of YG and I say phone Chief Kim!"

 

Bom looked at CL and finally nodded, "Just do it."

 

CL smiled and called chief.

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"....Chief?"

 

"CL?!" she heard Chief shout with relief, "Where are you?! Are you girls ok?! Do you know how long I've been trying to look for you!"

 

"Chief we're all fine."
 

"Where are you?!"

 

"...in Seoul.."

 

"What?! Are you crazy-"

 

"Trust me this is the safest place-"

 

"Where exactly?"

 

CL looked at the girls before answeriing, "....with YG.."

 

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD?! THOSE B*STARDS!", Chief shouted, "Oh god!! HAve they done anything to you!"

 

"I just told you we're safe here...they're actualy helping us find out about CG."

 

"....I don't know-"

 

"Chief we're fine seriously."

 

"....ok...but if you need anything let me know and-"

 

"Chief about CG?", CL asked again.

 

"He's definetly involved, We found out one of his men were the ones that phoned about YG's phony location."

 

"I knew it"

 

"That's all we know now...to be honest I think he's after YG's E7...that's just my theory."

 

"He's after the E7?...That makes sense...we also found out something", CL said, "Sanghyun oppa's murder...he was behind it."

 

"Dara's brother?"

 

"Yes, recently another member here was drugged by a drug that essentially kills you from the pain", CL said somberly.

 

"....I've heard of that drug..."

 

"You have?"

 

"Yes my brother in law works for the defence science organisation-"

 

"Chief are you serious?!", CL shouted, "How long has he worked there?!"

 

"Why?"

 

"CG worked there too when the drug was being developed", CL said, "Do you think your brother in law would have the formula for the drug?"

 

"You want to make it?"

 

"To make an antidote", Cl explained, "We have a feeling we might need it."

 

"Cl, these things have protocols and rules, there's no way I'll be able to get my hands on the formula-"

 

"Try chief please", CL begged, "We really need your help."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"will you help?", Dara asked softly.

 

 

 

 

 

"...will you...come back?", JIyong asked clenching his jaw.

 

 

Dara shook her head slowly, "...i don't think i can"

 

 

 

JIyong looked at her numbly, "...when?"

 

 

 

"as soon as possible", Dara sighed heavily.

 

 

 

 

JIyong nodded bravely. He didn't want to let her go, but maybe this was the best thing for her. To be out of danger. No one would look for her in America and she wouldn't know the truth about Sanghyun's murder. But still he didn't...he couldn't give up on her. He had to try one last time.

 

 

 

"....give me 24 hours of your life"

 

 

Dara looked at him puzzled.

 

 

 

"I gave you 24 hours before you left me", JIyong numbly said making dara look away guiltly.

 

Dara shook her head, "...it's just going to make it harder for us."

 

 

"24 hours", Jiyong repeated again

 

 

Dara hesitated and looked at her hands.

 

 

"For 24 hours I want you to forget that I killed Sanghyun"

 

Dara closed her eyes tightly.

 

"For 24 hours I want you to love me wholeheartedly", Jiyong said seriously, "....after that...I'll...let you go."

 

 

Dara's eyes fluttered open and she looked at him in surprise, was he really willing to let her go.

 

 

"24 hours...", JIyong whispered.