24 hour date part 1

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's not a mistake...I promise...I'll make you see we're not a mistake"

 

 

 

 

 

Minzy held tightly onto Daesung's arm as the gang stood outside the door, they'd heard everything.

 

"omo...", Minzy gasped with furrowed brows, just like everyone else they seemed to feel this unspoke pain that Jiyong and Dara were feeling.

 

 

CL slowly looked up at Bom and Bom shook her head in defeat, just like Dara had said there really wasn't any turning back now.

 

 

TOP furrowed his brows when he noticed CL and Bom looking at each other nervously. Suddenly he remembered his conversation with Bom the day she'd run off while they were all out,

 

 

"God what the hell", TOP muttered to himself and pulled Bom back to him, "Look I don't know what's going on with you, one minute you're happy and close and the next minute you're cold and distant. I can't figure you out Park Bom, so tell me straight, what's going on?"

 

Bom stared at him, her heart racing, she wanted to tell him everything. She wanted to tell him that she was falling for him, that she wanted to have him close to her, she wanted to tell him she wished they'd met through different circumstances, she wanted to tell him everything.

 

"Bom", TOP whispered, stepping forward, "You can tell me."

 

But she knew she couldn't tell him anything.

 

"...i can't", Bom whispered back.

 

"You can...", he cupped her face gently, "it's me."

 

"exactly...it's you...", she said quitely niting her lips to stop herself from crying.

 

 

 

 

'exactly...it's you?', TOP thought in his mind as he looked at Bom looking at the office door and then back at CL nervously. Why did he have this feeling that whatever Dara was trying to hide from JIyong was the same thing Bom was trying to hide from him. 

 

 

 

TOP wasn't the only one that had this very thought, Seungri saw how anxious CL looked standing by the door as if she was ready to run in and stop Jiyong and Dara's conversation. A slow uneasy feeling crept deep inside of him as he remembered the night CL had told him to stay away from her mum,

 

 

 

"Then make me understand", Seungri stepped forward, "Because I don't get why you're so angry."

 

"Seungri...please", CL stuttered, "don't."

 

"Don't what?!", Seungri shouted.

 

"Don't help!!", CL shouted back, "And...please from now on stay away from my mum."

 

"CL?", Seungri blinked unable to understand, "Did...I do something wrong?"

 

CL shook her head, "No...that's the problem."

 

"Stop talking in codes and just tell me!!", he shouted.

 

"If...if you don't stop...later...the pain will be unbearable, "she stuttered as tears fell down her eyes.

 

 

 

 

That last line echoed in his mind, and he slowly started to look at CL in a different light. She was hiding something from him...or more precisely, those three girls were hiding something from them.

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly the door opened and Dara walked out, stunned by everything, she looked up and paused when she realised everyon had heard everything. Dara met CL and Bom's gaze and she furrowed her eyes as if she was going to cry. Bom silently shook her head and walked up to her before hugging her.

 

 

"Let's go home", Bom whispered to Dara, she then turned to the rest of the gang, "We're going to go home if that's ok...Minzy you coming?"

 

"Neh unnie", Minzy nodded slowly looking back into the dark office room where JIyong was still standing. She turned back to Taeyang, "Oppa...look after G oppa please."

 

Taeyang nodded and her hair before she left with the girls.

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri stepped into the office slowly, "Hyung?"

 

 

JIyong turned around tiredly and looked at Seungri not saying anything.

 

 

Seungri didn't know what to say to him there was this confused and hurt look on JIyong's face that made him uncomfortable. He'd never seen Jiyong lik this before. Before he did say anything Taeyang walked in and stood in front of JIyong.

 

 

"How does it feel?", Taeyang asked with a warm smile.

 

"What?", JIyong looked at him.

 

 

Taeyang laughed slightly and hit Jiyong's arm jokingly, "To be a human you b*stard!"

 

JIyong paused for a moment before smiling. In a way Taeyang was right, all their lives they'd lived like nothing and no one in the world affected them, they lived like dead corpses as Minzy put it but now slowly caring for someone else other than themselves and feeling this was for someone was like someone up there had given him another chance at living.

 

 

 

 

"Felt like I was watching drama", TOP joined in from the back.

 

 

"YAH!", JIyong shouted at him still laughing.

 

 

 

TOP suddenly grabbed Daesung and cupped his face.

 

"..h..hyung...what.. are you foing?", Daesung stuttered trying to push TOP off him, but TOP just held him tighter.

 

"I promise you we're not a mistake!", TOP badly imitated JIyong.

 

 

"YAH YOU ING B*STARD!", JIyong shouted while the other 4 laughed teasingly their leader.

 

 

 

"Oppaaaa", Seungri wiggled his shoulders and winked at JIyong.

 

 

"That's it you ing b*stards" he grabbed Seungri before he could escape and put him in a headlock.

 

 

"aahhh...aaahhh hyung....mianhe.....AHHHHH!" Seungri screamed as Jiyong tightened his grip.

 

"What were you saying just now huh?" Jiyong asked while the others laughed and pointed at the maknae's misfortune.

 

"aaahhh...ahh...that...ah...hyung is jjang!! THE AHH THE BEST!", Seungri shouted trying to undo JIyong's grip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't stay here any longer" Dara whispered to the girls once they were back in her room.

 

"Dara-"
 

"No!", she shook her head, "I can't! I can't be here when he finds out!"

 

"You don't know that", Bom tried to calm her down.

 

"This mission is going to end some day and when it does they're going to find out", Dara shook Bom.

 

 

"So are you saying to abort the mission?", CL asked.

 

 

Dara sank back on her bed, "I don't know."

 

 

 

CL looked at Dara and sighed heavily, "Do you really love him?"

 

Dara's eyes flickered up to meet hers.

 

CL saw the answer in her eyes, "Do you think he loves you just as much?"

 

Dara closed her eyes and covered her face in her palms.

 

"What I'm trying to say is...do you think he'll forgive you if he finds out?", CL asked again.

 

 

"Of course not!", Dara exclaimed.

 

 

"Then what should we do?", CL asked anxiously, "If they find out before the mission finishes then..."

 

 

The girls grew silent at that, they knew what happened to traitors here.

 

 

 

 

"What...if we tell them the truth?", Bom finally suggested.

 

"Isn't that the same as being found out?", Dara asked.

 

"No", Bom shook her head, "Look there's no point denying this now, none of us want YG to get into trouble with the police right?", she looked at Dara and CL.

 

 

Both the girls nodded slowly and reluctantly in agreement.

 

 

"So let's just tell them the truth, telling them the truth means we didn't betray them" Bom said trying to convince them.

 

"And what if they don't see it that way?" CL asked again, "I don't know Bom."

 

 

"And what happens after we tell them the truth?", Dara asked, "Do we leave the police force and join YG?!"

 

 

Bom fell silent, that wasn't what she wanted at all.

 

 

 

"I think we should just leave!", Dara exclaimed again in a panic.

 

"Can you do that? Leave JIyong after tonight?", Bom asked.

 

"That's the least I should do for him! I should get out of his life!", Dara shook her head and broke into tears.

 

 

"Are you sure?", Bom asked again.

 

"Don't you think it's the only one good thing we can do for them?", Dara asked back.

 

 

 

 

CL finally nodded, "Dara's right...we need to leave."

 

Bom furrowed her brows as she suddenly thought of TOP.

 

 

"Bom", Dara looked at Bom, "...we can't do this to them anymore."

 

Bom looked up at her and sighed, "...I know."

 

 

"So we're all in agreement...we're going to abort the mission and get out of their lives?", CL asked.

 

Dara clenched her jaw and nodded.

 

"...can...I atleast say goodbye?", Bom eeked out sadly.

 

"Bom-"

 

"I won't tell him anything...I just want to spend...one day at least one day without thinking about all this...please?", Bom begged.

 

"One day without all this?", Dara asked staring into space, "...if only."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So I think we should move the E7 by the end of this week, we've kept it there for too long now", Teddy suggested to the 5 boys back in the HQ the next morning.

 

"That sounds ok to me..what do you think GD?", TOP looked back at Jiyong.

 

 

JIyong was fiddling with his ring and staring into space deep in thought. He'd had wanted to see Dara all night but he couldn't bring himself to see her. But he'd promised to show her that they weren't a mistake, how the was he meant to do that?! If only he'd only actually bothered to be nice to people he might have had a clue. 

 

 

 

"G?", TOP asked again and the rest of the boys stared at GD who was still in his own little world.

 

 

 

'What the hell do women like anyway?' Jiyong furrowed his brows in deep thought, "Aish!", he ruffled his hair in fustration and turned around and blinked slightly when he saw the guys staring at him with raised brows.

 

Jiyong quickly cleared his throat and picked up a random file and began reading it instead.

 

 

"Um...G?", Taeyang stepped forward.

 

"What?", Jiyong tried to look calm as possible.

 

"You didn't answer the question", Taeyang replied.

 

"Question?", JIyong looked at the guys totally unaware of the fact that they'd been talking to him.

 

 

"About E7?", Seungri added.

 

 

"E7?", Jiyong asked back, "You know shouldn't we be moving that to our new location? Teddy hyung I want that done by the end of this week."
 

 

 

The guys shook their heads in disbelief as Jiyong repeated pretty much what they'd been discussing.

 

 

 

"TOP", Gummy walked in suddenly and handed TOP a file, "The file you wanted, it's for the new location."
 

"Thanks noona"

 

 

Gummy smiled at the rest and turned to leave again.

 

 

"NOONA!", Jiyong suddenly stood up from his chair, startling everyone.

 

"Neh?", Gummy looked at him wide eyed.

 

"I needed to speak to you", Jiyong said eyeing the boys up.

 

 

 

"What about?", Gummy walked to him.

 

"Um...", JIyong looked at the boys again, "Yah! Don't you lot have somewhere to be?"

 

 

"No", they shook their heads.

 

 

 

"Aish!", Jiyong muttered through gritted teeth.

 

 

"What is it?", Gummy asked again.

 

 

Jiyong took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment.

 

 

 

"G?"

 

 

JIyong looked straight at her and cringed before speaking, "...Girls..."

 

 

"Girls?", Gummy asked back confused while the others quickly looked back at them subtly at the mention of girls.

 

 

"Yes..girls", JIyong rubbed the back of his neck, "you're...one"

 

Gummy blinked twice, "Yes I am, I'm glad you noticed."

 

 

"What...do you like?", JIyong asked and then facepalmed himself.

 

"I like?", GUmmy repeated, "Um...a lot of things."

 

 

"No no", Jiyong shook his head, "What...do you like doing-"

 

"Why? Do you want to do something with me?", Gummy asked confused.

 

 

"No noona", GD sighed.

 

 

"GD what are trying to say? I don't understand?!", GUmmy asked.

 

 

The boys snickered in the background understanding what was going on.

 

 

 

"Can't you just tell me properly", Gummy said.

 

"AISH! WHAT DO YOU GIRLS LIKE TO DO?!!", JIyong shouted.

 

"WHEN?!", Gummy shouted back.

 

"WHEN THEY'RE WITH...", Jiyong clenched his jaw, "Forget it!!"

 

 

 

"Noona!" Daesung shouted from behind, "He wants help with Dara!"

 

 

Gummy turned back to Jiyong and made a 'o' with finally understanding, "Aigoo...well why didn't you just say then!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"BOO!", CL jumped out from behind when Seungri got out of his car.

 

"AH!", Seungri startled slightly, "What are you doing?!"

 

"Pft! Such a girl!", CL shook her head, "Anyway what are you doing today?"

 

"I've got to-"

 

"No you don't", CL cut him short.

 

"Sorry?"

 

"You don't have anything to do today!", CL repeated.

 

"I don't?", Seungri asked.

 

"Nope, I don't have anything to do today either", CL smiled at him.

 

Seungri looked around in him in confusion,"...ok...and?"

 

"And...you have nothing to do today...i have nothing to do today...", CL smiled at him again.

 

 

 

"Wait...are you asking me on a date?", Seungri grinned.

 

 

"What date? Pft! I'm just saying since we've got nothing to do we might as well do nothing...together", CL said trying to hide her shyness.

 

"Ah...so a non-date", Seungri nodded smiling.

 

"Yea...so what should we do first on our non-date?", CL traced her hair behind her ears shyly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara strolled into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

 

 

"UNNIE!!"

 

"OMO!"< Dara fell back onto the hard floor.

 

Minzy ran to her and helped her up, "Have you been sleeping this whole time? It's nearly 12!! I thought you were getting ready?!"

 

"Ah..yea I couldn't sleep last night so...wait ready for what?", Dara mumbled.

 

"Your date!"

 

"Date?", Dara furrowed her brows.

 

"Wait you don't know?", Minzy asked and then sighed in fustration, "WHY ARE MY OPPAS SO DUMB!"

 

"What?"

 

Minzy turned back to Dara and smiled, "Just a moment unnie", she then ran to her room and phoned Gummy.

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

"Unnie...I thought you told me to get Dara unnie ready for her date with Jiyong oppa?!"

 

"Yea, is she ready yet?", Gummy asked.

 

"No she just got out of bed!", Minzy whined.

 

"What?! But I told G to tell her to be ready by 12!"

 

"Are you sure Ji oppa told her?!"

 

"God! Why are these guys so dumb!! Minzy just get Dara ready I'll deal with the here!"

 

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"YAH!", Gummy walked into the kitchen where the boys were trying to pass their experience of dating to Jiyong. It wasn't that Jiyong didn't have experience with girls it was more he had no experience dating or being nice to them, the girls just ended up in his bed without him having to even try.

 

 

"YAH!!" GUmmy shouted again getting their attention.

 

"What's wrong noona?" Taeyang asked.

 

 

"Did you call to ask Dara on a date?!!", Gummy exclaimed.

 

Jiyong blinked back innocently, "No, you didn't tell me to."

 

Gummy facepalmed herself in fustration, "Then how is she meant to know?!!"

 

Jiyong shrugged, "I was just going to go up and tell her to come out with me."

 

"No NO NO!", Gummy slammed the kitchen table, "You babo!"

 

 

The boys edged away from her slightly.

 

 

 

"What?", JIyong exclaimed.

 

 

"So you were just going to drag her out without any notice?!", Gummy.

 

"Is that wrong?", he asked.

 

"Is that wrong?!", Gummy gasped, "YES! You're meant to call her and ask her if she would like to go on a date with you!!"

 

 

"Ahh", JIyong nodded understanding.

 

 

"You know what never mind", she calmed down, "I have taught you the basics....you just stick to them and you'll be fine."

 

 

"Yea and remember what i told you too", Taeyang said to Jiyong, "Girls like bad boys so you know try to act-"

 

"WHAT?!", Gummy stopped him, "Look at GD! He doesn't need to be any badder than he already is! We don't want dara running a mile!"

 

"Noona, he's a softy really!", Taeyang defended his friend.

 

"Softy?! Him not calling to inform Dara about their date is already bad enough" That's enough bad boy points for the day!", Gummy shook her head.

 

 

"Also remember to look like you're not that interested in her, she'll totally start paying more attention to you", TOP patted Jiyong's shoulder.

 

"Don't look interested", Jiyong furrowed his brows and nodded.

 

 

"NO!" Gummy whined, "Not interested?! Look at his face!" she pointed at Jiyong's face, "There is no expression here whatsoever! A rock has more expression than he does! He looks like he's not intersted in general! Don't do that G!"

 

 

Jiyong rubbed his head in confusion.

 

 

"Ok ok but I know one thing that will work on girls, never compliment them!", Daesung suggested.

 

"GET OUT! OUT!!", Gummy shouted at the boys, she'd had enough of their useless advice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

After being literally kicked out of GD's apartment, TOP went back to his apartment. He couldn't help smile that JIyong was actually trying to show Dara he really cared for her. But then memories from last night came flashing back and he couldn't shrug off the feeling something wasn't quite right.

 

 

He opened his door and walked in when suddenly an aroma of cooking filled his place. He furrowed his brows and slowly walked into the kitchen, he peered through the door and sighed contently when he saw Bom cooking in his kitchen.

 

 

"What are you doing?" he asked crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Bom startled and turned around, "Oh...you're here."

 

"This is my apartment", TOP smiled and walked up to her, "What are you up to?"

 

"I'm cooking", Bom said simply before turning back.

 

"I can see that...but why?"

 

"I wanted to have lunch with you", Bom pouted, "Is that not ok?"

 

TOP smiled warmly, "It's fine."
 

 

"Actually I wanted to have breakfast with you but you were already gone when I came down", Bom sighed, "So I ate by myself."

 

 

"Ah mianhe", TOP encircled his arms around her waist, "What are you cooking?"

 

"Kimchi jjigae-"

 

"Oh...", TOP stepped back.

 

Bom rolled her eyes, "I haven't put a whole cup of salt!!"

 

"Ah", TOP smiled and hugged her from behind again, "Anyway is there a special reason you're doing this?"

 

Bom stopped stirring for a moment, 'Bom you promised yourself you wouldn't think of anything but you and TOP today!' she smiled and stirred again, "Ani...just wanted to cook for you."

 

 

"Can you cook for me everyday then?", TOP asked as he kissed her cheek.

 

Bom's face fell again, there wasn't even going to be another time, "..um...well what if you don't like my cooking? You still want me to cook for you?"

 

"Yea I just won't eat it", TOP said.

 

"YAH!", Bom turned around and whacked him.

 

"What?", TOP laughed, "You know I can't lie!"

 

"Aish!", Bom pouted angrily.

 

"Oh oh you're making the ugly face again", he pointed at her.

 

"What did you say?!", Bom gasped.

 

"You're making the ugly face", TOP repeated trying not to smile.


"Come here! Come here now!!", Bom grabbed the spoon and started chasing him around the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we going anyway?", Dara asked Minzy as she fixed her dress.

 

"Um..um...", Minzy looked around.

 

 

Suddenly the door bell rang and she sighed with relief, "Unnie could you get that for me?"

 

 

"Huh? Yeah sure", Dara went and opened the door and came face to face with JIyong.

 

Dara looked away nervously while Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He looked up and caught sight of Minzy mouthing to him to say something.

 

 

"Um...let's go", Jiyong grabbed her hand.

 

"Neh?!", Dara startled and pulled her hand back.

 

 

 

Minzy hit her head on the wall and then shook her head frantically at JIyong from the back.

 

 

 

"I mean...please...can you come with me", he said slowly.

 

 

Minzy gave him the thumbs up.

 

 

 

"Where?", Dara asked hesitantly.

 

"I...don't know", JIyong answered furrowing his brows.

 

"Neh?", Dara asked again.

 

 

 

Minzy facepalmed herself, how could he not know where they were going?!

 

 

 

"I just want to go somewhere...with you", he said awkwardly.

 

Dara blinked slightly, "...um..mianhe...Minzy and I actually have plans-"

 

"No we don't!", Minzy walked to them, "So unnie you're free to go with oppa!"

 

"But you said-"

 

"Nope go and have fun!", Minzy shoved Dara out of the door and closed the door shut.

 

 

 

"Huh?", Dara looked at the door confused, "Minzy?!"

 

"Shall we go?", JIyong asked.

 

Dara slowly turned back to him and nervously fiddled with her dress, "....I guess so."

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh what an idiot!", Gummy muttered as she hid behind a bush with Taeyang and Daesung.

 

"Even I would have known better than to bring a motorbike!", Taeyang shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong got on his bike and turned back to Dara who was just staring at the space behind him, "Are you not getting on?"

 

 

"Neh?", Dara looked up at him, "...Um...I...my....", she looked down at her short summer dress and looked up at him.

 

JIyong looked down at her skirt and realised her problem, "Ah...sh!t", he looked around as if he was going to find a pair of trousers just lying about.

 

 

"I'll go change", Dara said quietly and turned around.

 

 

"Wait", Jiyong stopped her, Dara turned around and saw him getting off his bike. She furrowed her brows when she saw him taking his leather jacket off.

 

He stepped towards her and without warning wrapped his arms around her waist without touching her. Dara's eyes widened and she blinked until she realised what he was doing. He wrapped his leather jacket around her waist and tied it together in the front. Dara held her breath as she felt his hands unintentionally rub against her stomach. 

 

Jiyong then stepped back and looked down at what he'd done before looking up at her, "Will that do?"

 

Dara nodded in a daze.

 

 

"Let's go then", he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the bike before getting on it and waiting for her to get on to.

 

Dara got on the bike and looked around where to put her hands.

 

Jiyong turned around, "Why are you acting nervous all of a sudden?", he then grabbed her hands and wrapped them around him torso, "Don't let go."