Slow realization

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

TOP's hand moved on the carpet and accidently knocked a empty beer can, he opened his right eye and squinted it close again.

He raked his hair tiredly and was about to stretch when his other hand hit something soft and warm. He quickly turned around to the other side and saw Bom still in the same position he left her in last night, with her head resting on his shoulder. 

 

He quickly checked his watch, 9 am already and then looked back at her.

 

Suddenly Bom moved and in her sleep rubbed her arm from the cold. TOP quickly looked around the room and noticed his jacket flung on the sofa behind him, he carefully reached for it and covered Bom with it. 

 

Bom took an audible breath and nuzzled abit closer to TOP. 

 

TOP felt something warm fill his body as he watched her peacefully sleep leaning on him and a smile spread across his face. He ruffled his hair and shook his head not knowing what this new feeling was, but whatever it was it was making him forget about his problems.

 

His hand slowly edged towards her porecelain face and he traced the strands of hair away from her face, his thumb stayed on her cheek softly running it over her features. 

 

He let out a deep sigh after a while, "you really are something Park Bom."

 

 

"5...more...minutes dara...", she mumbled in her sleep.

 

 

"Dara?", TOP mouthed to himself before snickering quietly, "...bom...."

 

"dara...shut...up", she mumbled again not registeriing that it was TOP speaking to her.

 

TOP covered his mouth trying not to laugh, he quietly cleared his throat and tried to make a really high girl's voice, "Bom ah...out of the 5 YG guys who do you like the most?"

 

"...aish...", Bom grumbled as she shifted position.

 

"What do you think of TOP?", he squeaked hurting his throat.

 

Bom sighed in her sleep, "...that...idiot?"

 

"YAH!!", TOP angrily nudged her.

 

"AHH!", Bom jerked forward waking her up, she turned around to find TOP angrily looking at her, "What the hell?!!" she rubbed her face and looked around the room, and cursed when she realised she'd spent the night at TOP's, "Aish!!"

 

"Yah!", TOP nudged her again, "Why is your head so heavy?!", he rolled his shoulder back in pain.

 

Bom gritted her teeth and hit his shoulder.

 

"AISH!!", TOP growled.

 

"Why did you let me sleep here?!!"< Bom said angrily as she stood up, she suddenly looked at the coat covering her and blinked at TOP.

 

TOP saw her looking at him weirdly while holding his coat, he cleared his throat and snatched it back, "Yah what are you doing stealing other people's stuff?!"

 

Bom rolled her eyes at him, "I'm going!" and walked out of the apartment while TOP facepalmed himself for being so NOT smooth when it came to her

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara stretched her arms out and rubbed her eyes as she walked to the kitchen. She opened the fridge half asleep and got the milk out ready to drink it.

 

 

"Morning"

 

 

"Oh sh!t!", she startled and jumped back holding her heart, she turned around and saw Taeyang sitting there with a cup of coffee reading the papers.

 

 

Dara looked around the place, nope this was definetly the girls' apartment, she looked at Taeyang confused as to why he was here.

 

 

"I came to see Minzy", Taeyang said as if he could read her mind.

 

"Oh...neh", Dara smiled awkwardly at him and turned back to the fridge to hide her embarassed face.

 

 

 

"You like him don't you?", Taeyang asked after a minute as he sipped his coffee.

 

 

Dara looked at him with raised brows, "...who?"

 

 

Taeyang's eyes flickered up to her, "GD"

 

Dara's eyes grew into big round circles as she gaped at him, "WHAT?!"

 

"You like him don't you?", he repeated casually.

 

"No", Dara shook her head slowly in shock, "Why would you even think that?"

 

 

"Well if you don't then you don't", Taeyang said putting his coffee down, "But he does."

 

"Huh?", Dara blinked, what the hell was she hearing at this early hour  of the morning.

 

 

Taeyang folded the newspaper and placed it on the table before he stood up and walked to her, "I've known Ji for a long time...I know him more than anyone else and trust me when I say he likes you...and I think you do too."

 

Dara stared at him for a long moment before shaking her head, "No...no that's not right...I don't like him and he does NOT like me that's for sure!"

 

Taeyang shrugged, "It's a shame then."

 

"Why...why do you say that?", Dara asked slowly.

 

 

"I've never seen him act the way he does around you with another girl", Taeyang explained casually, "I just thought maybe you were different...maybe you could change him but if you say you don't like him I can't do anything about it can I?"

 

Dara stared at him gobsmacked.

 

 

"Tell Minzy thanks for the coffee", Taeyang nodded at the coffee on the table and walked out of the kitchen with a big smile on his face while Dara leaned on the fridge trying to understand everything Taeyang had just said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri dried his hair with a towel as he sat down on his sofa and he reached for the remote to turn on the TV when he noticed a piece of paper by the table. He picked the paper up and smiled warmly at it.

 

 

[Flashback to yesterday]

 

 

 

CL paused at the door and looked at Seungri nervously, "...she's...um...yeah..."

 

"If you don't me here then I can go", Seungri suggested but CL shook her head.

 

"No no of course not, it's just she....doesn't know I'm her daughter...she just thinks I'm a friend...", CL explained slowly, nervous that Seungri might judge her.

 

"Ok", he replied calmly showing her that he could handle it.

 

"Ok", she repeated and took a deep breath before opening the door.

 

 

 

"Cee!!", her mother ran and hugged her when she entered.

 

"Hi", CL kissed her cheek and hugged back.

 

"oh...who is he?", her mother pouted noticing Seungri at the doorway.

 

"Oh this is my chingu....Seungri."

 

 

"Hi", Seungri waved at her politely, "I'm Seungri."

 

"Annyeonghaseyo", she bowed like a little shy kid, "Lee Min Young imnida."

 

"Nice to meet you", Seungri shook her hand as the woman blushed like a little girl.

 

 

Seungri and CL looked at each other awkwardly until Minyoung pulled Seungri's sleeve grabbing his attention.

 

 

"Neh?", Seungri asked.

 

"Would you like to see my drawings?", she asked fiddling with her shirt hem.

 

"Um..yeah", he looked back at CL as Minyoung pulled him to her wall of paintings.

 

 

 

"Shall I draw a picture of you too?", Minyoung asked shyly.

 

"Sure", Seungri nodded, "But make sure you get this side", he pointed at his left side, "It's my best side!"

 

CL and Minyoung giggled at the same time at Seungri and he couldn't help but see the resemblance between the two.

 

 

-------

 

 

 

"She likes you", CL whispered to Seungri as they sat beside eachother while Minyoung drew them with a big green crayon.

 

"Really?", Seungri geniunely asked while CL smiled and nodded.

 

"Cee!", Minyoung got up and ran to her.

 

"Huh?", CL asked in surprise as Minyoung tucked her hair behind her ears, "you look yeppeo like this"

 

 

Seungri noticed CL's eyes suddenly watering as Minyoung went back to her place. CL quickly wiped her tears and noticed Seungri looking at her strangely, she tried to smile, "she...she used to say that before..the accident too."

 

Seungri felt his heart tug slightly at seeing this vulnerable side of her.

 

"Look this way you two", Minyoung whined, Seungri and CL looked at her apologetically.

 

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

"How is it?", Minyoung asked Seungri.

 

Seungri held the picture in his hand in silent.

 

"That's cee....and you....and me...and that's the house we're going to live in...and that's a tree and a bunny", Minyoung explained as Seungri stared at the picture of what looked like a family.

 

"Is...this our family?", Seungri asked quietly making CL look up at him.

 

Minyoung  nodded happily, "but we can't forget the bunny!"

 

Seungri smiled warmly, "...can I keep it?"

 

Minyoung looked up at CL as if asking for permission, CL smiled and nodded before Minyoung turned to Seungri and nodded.

 

 

 

[End of flashback]

 

 

 

 

Seungri stood up and carried the drawing to the large empty wall in his lounge, he smiled at the picture one last time before sticking it onto the wall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're not going to like what I have to tell you", Gummy walked into the room later that evening.

 

"What is it?", TOP held his hand out for the file Gummy had in her hands.

 

 

"Taeyang was right", Gummy looked at Taeyang, "The people who stole that device are no gang members."

 

 

"Who then?" Daesung and Taeyang walked towards TOP.

 

"It's someone high up", Gummy said as TOP read the file, "in the government."

 

Daesung laughed sarcastically, "Wow, this is a new low for even those bastards, ripping off the public isn't enough now they're going against eachother?!"

 

"This just got a lot harder", Taeyang sighed.

 

TOP slammed the file shut and scrunched the file in his hand angrily, " I don't care who it was, I'm going to destroy them with my bare hands!"

 

"We need to tell GD", Taeyang said darkly, "And he's not going to like this."

 

"Where is he by the way?", Gummy asked them, "Is he any better?"

 

Taeyang sighed, "He's probably somewhere getting drunk so no he's not ok."

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara walked into the hotel late that night, she strolled through the lobby and got into the lift in a daze. She was thinking about what Taeyang had said to her this morning.

 

 

"What? Me like that jerk?!, Dara scoffed as she waited for the lift to open up for her, "Who would like a jerk player like him? Screw him!"

 

 

The lift opened up and she casually got in and was about to scan her thumbprint when the closing lift doors opened up again as a hand pushed the doors open. 

 

Thinking it was just a regular customer she carelessly looked at him and turned back around only to do a double take when that customer was in fact GD.

 

She huffed angrily as he stumbled in clearly drunk just like yesterday, she crossed her arms across her chest ignoring him completely which was pretty pointless since he was far too drunk to even notice her there in the first place. 

 

GD leaned on the wall of the lift and started pressing about 10 different floor buttons in his intoxicated state.

 

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!", Dara pulled him back away from the buttons.

 

GD shrugged her off and fell to the floor closing his eyes and going to sleep.

 

Dara sighed in fustration but just left him there, why should she care about an arrogant b*stard like him. She scanned her thumb print and waited for her floor to arrive.

 

 

 

 

*PING*

 

 

Dara's floor arrived and she got off the lift not even turning back to look at GD.

 

 

She got as far as the apartment door before sighing and turning back to the lift, she pressed for the door to open and when it did she sighed with relief to find GD still on the floor. She got in and pressed for his floor before putting his arm around her and pulling him up to stand.

 

"aghh...Jiyong shi...wait....stand up....jiyong", she struggled as he leaned on her for support.

 

 

 

When the lift doors opened, she slowly dragged GD out towards his apartment, "ugh...god...Jiyong!!"

 

 

"don't....call me that", GD woke up slightly and mumbled something angrily but Dara couldn't figure it out.

 

 

"aish....why am I even bothering!", Dara leaned on the door and took his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door, "UGH!", she kicked the door open and helped him inside.

 

 

"Jiyong...wake up...yah...yah!", Dara nudged him.

 

 

"stop...it...", GD pushed himself off Dara but lost his balance and fell back.

 

 

"JIYONG!", Dara helped him back up.

 

 

"don't...", GD scrunched up his face and pushed her away.

 

 

"Jiyong...wake up!", she hit his face lightly, "Jiyong-"

 

Suddenly GD growled and grabbed her arms and pushed her back to the wall angrily, "STOP IT!! STOP CALLING ME JIYONG!! HE'S DEAD! HE'S ING DEAD!! JIYONG DIED THE DAY THAT WOMAN ABANDONED HIM! THE BLOODY DAY SHE LEFT HIM IN THE SNOW TO DIE!! JIYONG IS DEAD!! SHE'S DEAD AND JIYONG'S DEAD TOO GOT IT?!!", GD shook her angrily.

 

 

Dara closed her eyes at the pain of him shaking her too roughly, "....ahh....Jiyong....ahh"

 

"STOP IT!! STOP IT!", he repeatedly punched the wall next to her making Dara turn her head away frightened of him, "HE'S DEAD!  THERE IS NO JIYONG!! HE'S ING DEAD!!"

 

He punched the wall one last time and panted heavily, "there's no more jiyong", he mumbled as he leaned his tired head on Dara's shuddering shoulder," i'm...not him..."

 

 

Dara blinked nervously as she turned her head back to see him leaning on her, his chest heaving up and down. Suddenly he slammed his palm on the bloodied wall and pushed himself off and stumbled into his bedroom leaving Dara breathing heavily from shock.

 

 

She was about to leave, knowing she shouldn't be worrying about him when she noticied the blood on the wall from where he'd punched the wall. She looked at his bedroom hesitantly but decided against it and ran out of there.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning CL picked up a call from the hospital, "Neh, is everything ok?!"

 

"Hi CL, mianhe to disturb you but your mum wanted to know when you were coming to visit?"

 

"Oh, today if she wants", CL smiled happily.

 

"She wants to know if you could bring her Seungri chingu as well?"

 

"Seungri?", CL blinked.

 

"Yes, he made quite an impression on her, since his visit she can't seem to stop talking about him."

 

"Really?", CL asked surprised.

 

"Yes, and her mood seems so much better too."

 

"That's...that's great really", CL smiled.

 

"So will he be able to come again?"

 

"I...don't know, I can try though", CL said, "I'll come by later today ok?"

 

"Neh, see you then my dear."

 

 

 

CL hung up and bit her lip, wouldl Seungri want to even see her mum again. But if her mum was happy because of him then she should atleast try. She ran out of the apartment and down to Seungri's.

 

She took a deep breath and knocked on his door scared about what he would say.

 

 

 

"CL?", Seungri asked in surprise when he opened the door.

 

"Hi", CL smiled nervously.

 

"What's wrong? Minzy-"
 

"She's fine", CL shook her head.

 

"Ok...then", Seungri waited.

 

"Actually I needed to ask you something...a favour", CL bit her lip.

 

"Oh wow the great CL asking for a favour, this will be good", he crossed his arms across his chest and smirked.

 

CL sighed, "I was...wondering....well...my mum...wanted to see you again...."

 

Seungri's smirk disappeared and he went back into his apartment without saying anything.

 

CL stood there slightly shocked, but what did she expect from a mobster. Anyone would be freaked out by this so why wouldn't he. She sighed and turned to walk away when she heard Seungri come out with a jacket on. He started locking his door.

 

"...where are you going?", CL asked in surprise.

 

"To see your mum", Seungri said bluntly as if it was obvious.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"aghh", GD scrunched his face as the hangover hit him. He was lying on his bed face down and as he pulled his hand towards his head he felt something stopping him.

 

 

He lifted his head up slightly and slowly opened his tired eyes.

 

 

There was Dara with her head on leaning on the bed next to him fast asleep. GD looked at her in confusion and when he tried to lift his arm again he realsied why he couldn't. It was because his hand was now bandaged but Dara was holding onto the end of the dressing. GD supported himself on his other elbow and looked at her closely. She must have fallen asleep tending to his fist because there was an open first aid box by her feet with cottons and antiseptic creams. 

 

GD slowly sat up and pulled her hand away from his. He looked down at the unfinished bandage and tied the ends together himself before getting up.

He stood there for a long moment hesitating as if his heart was split into two. One was saying to build that iron wall back and let no one in and the other was telling him to look after Dara. 

 

 

After a deep sigh he turned back to Dara and kneeled in front of her, he stared at her and studied her soft features with his eyes.

He hung his head low and closed his eyes as he fought himself about Dara. But finally he looked up at her and just like before he wrapped his arm around her body and the other under her legs and picked her up gently placing her on his bed.

 

She moved slightly as he tucked her in, his hands close to her face. He wanted to touch her but he closed his eyes and turned his hands into fists and stood up and started walking back until his back hit the far wall. He slid down resting his arm on his propped up knee and looked at Dara sleeping. He sighed again and closed his eyes, as much as he wanted to distant himself from her it wasn't working. With her it seemed harder...a lot harder.