Learning to cope

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP's car screeched to a halt in front of their hotel.

 

Bom started taking her seatbelt off but noticed TOP still holding on to the steering wheel looking straight ahead. They hadn't spoken the whole journery back, what was there to say though? Strange as it sounds, Bom knew how TOP felt without him having to say anything.

 

"Are you not getting off?", BOm asked as she held the car door handle.

 

 

TOP blinked slightly from his daze and turned to her, "You go in first."

 

Bom hesitated for a moment before nodding, "Ok then...don't be too long..."

 

TOP forced a tired smile at her as she got out of his car. He waited for her to enter the hotel safely before starting the engine and speeding off again.

 

 

Bom turned around and looked through the glass door at his fading car, wondering where he was going.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara shook her head to keep herself awake, she peered down the corridor and sighed when she saw no-one. SHe hugged her knees again and pouted as she waited outside GD's apartment. It was nearly midnight and no one had seen or heard from GD yet.

She'd even gone to the other guys to ask where he was or whether they should go looking for him, but they all told him the best thing they could do was leave him alone for right now. But how could Dara just do that? The aching pain in her heart got the better of her and so here she was, outside his apartment waiting for him.

 

Dara didn't know what she would say to him if she did see him, but that didn't matter because right now the only thing that would put her heart at ease was seeing him.

 

 

She slowly placed her cheek on her knee and looked down the corridor longingly. She closed her eyes and remembered the look on Gd's face when he found out that his mother had passed away. Dara snapped her eyes open and shook her head trying to get the image out, everytime she thought about how hurt, how shock her looked she felt these pangs of pain in her heart.

 

Dara suddenly looked up when she heard the lift doors at the far end opening. She quickly stood up and squinted her eyes at the figure approaching her but she let out a disappointed sigh when she realised it was only Taeyang.

 

 

 

"Dara...what are you doing here?", Tae asked as he approached her.

 

"Neh?" Dara asked, not knowing what reason to give him.

 

Taeyang stood in front of GD's door and sighed, "He's still not back?"

 

Dara shook her head slowly, "Taeyang shi are you sure we shouldn't be out looking for him?"

 

"No, trust me at times like this it's best to leave him alone", he answered with a dark expression.

 

 

"Has...", Dara bit her lip and decided not to ask.

 

 

"Has he had times like this before you mean?", Taeyang asked as he leaned on the wall opposite to her.

 

Dara nodded.

 

 

For a moment it seemed like Taeyang had gone into a daze, staring at the wall beside Dara and forgetting she was even there. Dara looked at him with furrowed brows when she could see a sad and distant expression on his face.

 

"Taeyang shi?", she finally spoke breaking him from his memories.

 

"Huh?", he looked up at her looking expectantly at him, "Oh...sorry."

 

"I guess the answer is yes then", Dara said looking straight at him.

 

 

Taeyang smiled sadly and nodded, "He's gone through a lot in his life and he's sacrificed a lot for us...for YG."

 

Dara looked on sadly as Taeyang spoke with his eyes full of admiration mixed with pain for GD.

 

"He may look strong Dara, but his heart is anything but that", he continued, "He just learnt to build this unbreakable iron wall around his heart, that's why to people that don't know him all they see is....a brutal and inhumane monster."

 

Dara shifted her eyes down to the ground slightly stung by his words...her words.

 

"But to me...to us, he's someone I would gladly follow to hell with", Taeyang said quietly as Dara looked up in shock, he finally looked at her and smiled softly, "You should go up...I'll let you know if GD comes home."

 

"Taeyang shi", Dara stopped him as he started to walk away.

 

He turned around and waited as Dara hesitated slightly.

 

"About...what I said at the hospital...I didn't mean it...", Dara said softly, "I know now...he's nothing like that", she said before bowing and leaving first.

 

Taeyang watched as she got into the lift with furrowed brows. What was going on between her and GD really?

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

GD was still wandering around the city in a daze. He didn't even know where he was but he couldn't stop walking. 

 

 

*BEEP BEEP*

 

"HEY WATCH IT!!", a driver shouted at GD as he walked in the middle of the road.

 

 

GD let a sigh out and looked up at the dead black sky. He hated this feeling! He shouldn't even be feeling this way, he'd forced himself to detach himself from everyone and everything so why couldn't he do the same this time?!

 

He raked his hair with his fingers in fustration, she was actually gone, there was no turning back time, no chance to forgiveness, no chance to reunite nothing!

 

 

 

*BEEP BEEP*

 

"JERK GET THE OUT OF THE WAY!!", another driver shouted at him.

 

 

 

She's gone....she's actually gone...was the only thought that ran through GD's mind.

 

 

 

"GET  OUT OF THE WAYY!", the driver shouted again, beeping his horn like mad.

 

 

 

"she's....gone...", GD mumbled to himself.

 

 

 

The driver had enough and he stepped out of his car, slamming the door behind him. He stormed towards GD and yanked him back and puched him across the face.

 

GD stumbled onto the ground and spat out the blood from his mouth, but didn't retaliate or move.

 

"Oh...this guy seriously!!", the driver ruffled his own hair angrily, "Still won't move eh?!!" he then kicked GD's back making GD tumbled forward again, but still GD didn't do anything. 

 

"YOU PIECE OF SH!T!!" the driver kept continuing to kick GD, "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!"

 

 

GD rolled onto his bruised back and stared at the sky again, she's really gone. He really was all alone in this world now. He clenched his jaw at the last thought and just when the driver was about to kick him again, GD grabbed his foot holding it in the air.

 

"YAH GET OFF!!" the driver shouted as he hopped closer to punch GD, but GD just twisted his lef making him fall on the floor. GD then stood up and turned to him and grabbed the driver by the collar.

 

The driver seeing the rage in GD's eyes and gulped, GD tightened his grip on his collar and spat blood out of his mouth on the floor, "What did you say?"

 

"I...I..s.aid get out of the way!!", the driver stuttered.

 

GD punched the guy with such force that he fell on the floor, GD picked him up again and punched him again and again.

 

 

 

 

"You don't have a mum??" the kids laughed at him as he stared at the ground drawing circles.

 

 

 

 

GD banged the driver's head on his car as a crowd started forming around them

 

 

 

 

"Where's my omma?", a four year old Jiyong asked YG.

 

"Don't look for your omma Jiyong, anything you need I'm here", YG replied pulling the kid into his embrace.

 

 

 

 

"AGHHH!", GD kicked the guy repeatedly on the floor.

 

 

 

 

"Is my omma dead?"

"No...jiyong"

"Then why isn't she with me?"

 

 

 

 

"AGHHH!", GD kneed the guy in the stomach and punched him again.

 

 

 

 

"Your mum...she...abandoned you JIyong..."

 

 

 

 

Few men from the crowd tried to pull him back, struggling to hold him as GD tried to kick the half unconscious man.

 

 

 

"she abandoned you JIyong...I'm sorry"

 

 

 

"NO!!", GD shouted as he struggled to break free, "NOOO!!!"

 

 

 

"she abandoned you."

 

 

 

"NO!!", he shouted as he punched the men off him, he fell to his knees and panted heavily.

 

 

 

"she abandoned you"

 

 

"AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!", he hit his already bruised fist on the hard concrete ground and screamed in fustration.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie ring oppa please!", Minzy urged CL.

 

The four girls sat on the sofa in their apartment, all worried about GD and TOP.

 

 

"Ok....", CL looked at the other two and sighed before ringing Seungri.

 

Minzy watched her as she bit her fingers nervously.

 

 

"Oh...yoboseyo?", CL cleared from awkwardness. Minzy had forced her to ring Seungri since the boys were still angry with her.

 

CL quickly put the call on loud speaker and the girls immediately huddled together.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Um...are...GD and TOP back?", CL asked trying to sound normal which was hard with Minzy and the girls pushing her about.

 

They heard Seungri sigh on the other side of the phone, "No."

 

"NO??!!", Minzy shouted out loud checking the time in panic.

 

"Are you with Minzy?", Seungri asked.

 

"Yeah-OWW!", CL rubbed her arm as Minzy shook her head.

 

"Tell her not to worry, I'll let her know when they're back", Seungri said, his tone down.

 

CL noticed it too, usually they would have disagreed on about 10 things be now, "um...are...you ok?"

 

There was a pause on the other end of the line, while Minzy Dara and Bom looked at eachother.

 

 

"I'll be fine, night" Seungri said finally and hung up before CL could say anything else.

 

 

"He's angry", Minzy mumbled as she hugged a cushion close to her.

 

CL stared down at her phone too, feeling a bit confused at Seungri's sudden change of character.

 

 

"They're all angry at me!", Minzy hid her face in the cushion.

 

"Minzy", Bom said softly, "right now you shouldn't worry about them being angry at you."

 

Minzy looked up at her with her puppy eyes.

 

 

"Right now, we need to help the guys more", she said, "It must be a lot for them to take in, so just give them time."

 

"But unnie...did I do the right thing?", Minzy asked her expectantly.

 

Dara sat next to Minzy and hugged her, "You were only trying to help, there's nothing bad about that."

 

"I just wish they'd come back...I'm worried", Minzy sighed as she hugged Dara back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

TOP sat in his car outside the club he'd found Bom with his dad. He didn't know why he was there in the first place, but somehow he's just driven there. He looked at his watch, nearly 2 am. 

 

Suddenly the door of the club opened and out stumbled a familiar man...his dad.

 

TOP sat up and watched as his dad fell on the floor heavily drunk. His hand reached for the door handle ready to help him, but something deep inside him stopped him. His hands curled tightly aorund the handle as he watched his father struggle to stand up on his own two feet.

 

TOP's eyes misted over and he shut his eyes tightly remembering the painful memories that led him here.

 

 

 

"I'm telling you it's not  mine!!", TOP shouted in the dark interrogation room, "I don't do drugs! I don't do it!"

 

"But you sell them?!", the cop slammed his hand on the table.

 

"NO!", TOP shouted again, "I'm telling you it's not mine!!"

 

"STOP IT!!"

 

"Please I'm telling you, it's not mine!! I don't do things like that! Never!! I want to join the police trust me please it's not mine!!", TOP begged as he clasped his handcuffed hands in front of him.

 

"What?!", the cop scoffed, "a criminal wants to join the force?" he laughed along with his collegue.

 

 

"please...", TOP begged.

 

"You think you'll get into the force after this?", the cop laughed again.

 

TOP gritted his teeth, "I'm telling you it wasn't me!!"

 

The cop had enough and punched TOP across the face, "Then why was it found in your car??!!"

 

 

TOP winced in pain, "my...car?"

 

"Yes!!", the cop threw a photo of drugs hidden in his car. 

 

TOP's face grew pale suddenly, his dad always used his car late at night...surely it couldn't be.

 

"Have...you talked to...my dad?", TOP asked quietly.

 

The cop snatched the photo back, "Yes, and do you know what he said? He said he wants nothing to do with a criminal son like you and that you should be punished for what you have done."

 

A tear escaped TOP's eye, "he..didn't say anything else?"

 

"Just confess already", the cop sighed, "Your dad will be lucky to get rid of a son like you."

 

TOP clenched his jaw as more tears fell down, "he..didn't say anything else?"

 

Since an early age TOP decided he wanted to become nothing like his father. What happened in life he was going to be different. That's why he decided to join the force, to represent everything right and fair unlike his father. From a young age, he dreamed of this even though his father would mock him about it. But TOP ignored it and carried on with life. T

OP was never the violent type to begin with, he worked endless jobs day and night to pay for the rent, gas, electricity bills of the small flat he shared with his father. And the little money he tried to save for school his dad would steal and go drinking and gambling with. But TOP said nothing back then, he just kept telling himself once he's in the police he'll leave all this behind, he'll be somewhere his dad can't touch. But it seems that fate had other plans for him.

 

The cop sighed and sat down on his chair, "Youth these days are really such a disgrace. Yah!! Your father probably wanted you to grow up into a good person, he probably worked hard to raise you and this is how you pay him back?! You shou-"

 

"It's mine...", TOP lied staring at the table, "...it's mine..."

 

 

 

 

TOP opened his eyes and looked back out to see his dad still outside the club trying to get in. He grabbed the steering wheel and looked away and turned the engine on. 

He took one last look at his pathetic father and forced himself to drive away from the man that destroyed his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sigh mianhe another sad and depressing chapter, but it needs to be done...you know for character depth and all that! I'm in the mood for a double update so on to the next update and this one will have more interactions between our couples not to worry keke!