Facing the past

UNDERCOVER LOVE

 

 

 

 

 

Dara's lips parted slightly and she took a deep breath as she stretched slightly in bed. She twisted her body to face the window and squinted her closed eyes at the brightness of the morning sun.

 

"hmmm", she mumbled as she slowly opened her eyes, she blinked at the unfamiliar window for a moment before slowly turning her head to the ceiling. It wasn't her ceiling...it wasn't her room. She rubbed her eyes and sat up slightly and looked around the room. Suddenly she remembered how last night she'd gone down to see Jiyong. She bit her lip and peered through the open door into the apartment to see if he was there. 

 

She sighed nervously and turned back to the bed and slightly blinked when she was a note left on the pillow next to her. Dara reached for the note and opened it while still looking out of the room nervously in case JIyong appeared. She turned back to the note and read the small hand wriiten note:

 

   Sleep a bit more...

   and take the week off to recover.

 

 

A small smile crept to her lips as she traced her fingers over the inked letters. She laid back down on the bed and placed the note on her chest. Why did she feel this way? Was it because he was so mysterious, so unpredictable that kept her thinking about him all the time or was it something else. She turned to the empty side of the bed where he'd laid the night before and reached her hand out to feel the sheets. 

 

"Kwon JIyong...what am I doing?", she whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you meet me today?", Minzy said through the phone secretively, "No...I'll ring you when I can get out ok....ok thank you."

 

She ended the call and looked in shock, she'd actually found them. She took her covers off and hurried to stand up, but she stood too fast and she fell back into bed. 

 

"owww", she mumbled as she rubbed her painfull head, she shook her head slightly, this was no time to be worrying about a little headache, she needed to get out today. 

 

She got out of bed a bit slower this time and walked out of her room, "Unnie...Cl unnie"

 

 

 

"Neh Minzy?", CL mumbled half asleep as she opened the door.

 

"Unnie, we have some serious business to attend to today, can you get ready?", Minzy said in a hushed toned.

 

"Um...ok..", CL furrowed her brows.

 

 

 

"Hey where's Dara?", Bom poked her head out of Dara's room.

 

"She's not in her room?", CL blinked.

 

"No", Bom shook her head worriedly.

 

 

They suddenly heard the front door open and close.

 

"Who are you?!"

 

They heard Dara exclaim in the lounge and the girls ran in ready to combat when they found 4 YG members including Young deuk and Young don casually sitting on their sofa playing Go Stop.

 

 

"What the hell?!", Minzy shouted at them.

 

The men immediately stood up and bowed at them.

 

"What are you guys doing here?!", Minzy repeated angrily.

 

"Ma'am, strict order from GD boss to be your bodyguard for the week", one of the men stepped forward.

 

"I have bodyguards!!", Minzy pointed at the three puzzled girls.

 

"They've been given the week off ma'am, again orders from GD sajangnim", Young don stepped forward.

 

 

Dara took a quick peek at the note in her hands and then hid it behind her smiling.

 

 

"But....BUT!!", Minzy shouted, she turned to the girls and pouted, "Unnies do something!"

 

 

Bom walked to them, "We're fine, we don't need to take time off."

 

"Sorry Bom shi, we can't go against their orders", Young deuk apologised.

 

 

Minz sighed, she had to get out of the house today to meet someone, and that someone could definetly not be met with four YG members hovering around her ready to tell her oppas everything. 

 

 

Minzy turned to the boys, "Fine! Wait here though!!"

 

The boys nodded and went back to their game of Go Stop.

 

 

"Unnies!", Minzy grabbed the girls and pulled them to her room.

 

 

 

"What's wrong?", Dara asked as Minzy peered through her door and then shut it abrupty before turning to the girls.

 

"Unnies!! We need to get away from them today!!", Minzy said hurriedly.

 

"Ok, but first tell us why?", CL asked.

 

Minzy bit her lip and hesitated before going to sit down on her bed, "You know...before TOP oppa told me off because I was trying to find his dad and Ji oppa's parents?"

 

"Yeah...", the girls nodded slowly.

 

"Well...I kinda didn't listen to him", Minzy said with a 'i'm in trouble face'.

 

"Minzy!", Bom sighed.

 

"I know I know" Minzy mumbled, "So...I hired a private investigator to find them for me."

 

"Minzy!", CL sat next to her, "You do know your oppas are going to kill you!"

 

"I had to do it though unnie", Minzy protested, "You don't know what it's like...they act all tough and macho but inside they're just hurt souls."

 

 

"So what do you want us to do?", Dara sighed finally.

 

 

"Well, the guy I hired said he's found some information on them and wants to meet me in person-"

 

"No!", Bom shook her head, "It coud be a trap again."

 

"It's not I swear!", Min\y exclaimed, "Please just help me out unnie, we just need to get rid of my bodyguards please."

 

The girls sighed and looked at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

The four girls walked into the lounge after getting ready, the bodyguards were now watching some sports match and cheering and howling like idiots.

 

 

Minzy muttered something before storming towards Young deuk and whacking him behind his head.

 

 

"OWWW!", he exclaimed rubbing his head while the others turned the TV off quickly and stood up.

 

 

"The unnies have some business at the head quarters so I'll come in the car with them and meet you there arasso", Minzy said sternly.

 

"But we're-"

 

"I know, you can meet me there and start your bodyguard duty from there!", Minzy cut him short, "I'm not going anywhere, I'll be with the unnies."

 

"You sure you're definetly coming to HQ?" Young deuk asked warily.

 

"AISH!", Minzy showed him her fist.

 

"Arasso arasso", the boys left and the girls followed them to where their cars were.

 

 

 

 

 

"Right, let them go first" Minzy said as she got into the car and watched the car in front drive off.

 

"Minzy...I don't know about this, if your oppas find out...", CL said as she turned the engine on.

 

"They won't they won't", Minzy shook her head, "I'm just meeting up with the guy for a few minutes and then we'll drive straight to HQ ok."

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"GD we've targeted every single gang in Seoul and trust me none of them have an idea about the NIS device", Teddy informed him.

 

Kush walked up to the boys, "Even if they wanted to they don't have the resources to steal something like that from NIS."

 

"Then who stole it?", TOP muttered, "It has to be one of them."

 

"Does it?", Taeyang said.

 

The boys turned to him with furrowed brows.

 

"Like Kush hyung said, they don't have the resources or technology to steal something like that and not get caught." Taeyang explained.

 

"So who do you think did it then?", Daesung asked crossing his arms across his chest.

 

"Maybe it wasn't a gang", Taeyang raised a brow.

 

"Not  a gang?", GD sat down on his chair and rubbed his forehead with his fingers while thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Ok, we're going to run in get what we need and leave!", CL said to Minzy, "Your bodyguards are probably already waiting for us back at the headquarters!"

 

"Ok ok!", Minzy looked out the car, "We're here!"

 

 

CL and Minzy jumped out the car and ran into the cafe, while Bom and Dara waited for them in the car. Not even a minute had passed before CL and Minzy ran back out again holding two files. 

 

 

"Um, that was quick", Dara said as they got into the car and CL started the engine.

 

"That guy talks too much, I said there was an emergency and he just gave me the files and we ran out of there", Minzy laughed, "Oh god I hope the oppas don't realise that we went somewhere."

 

Minzy stuffed the files without reading them into her bag as CL sped her way to the headquarters.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

They arrived at the YG HQ in record timing. The 4 bodyguards were waiting her them with fear and nervousness read all over their faces.

 

 

"Where were you?!", Young deuk came running down to open the door for Minzy.

 

"Mianhe, there was traffic", Minzy lied.

 

"I thought I was going to be executed cos I thought you'd run away", Young deuk sighed.

 

"Um...Young deuk shi I don't lie thank you very much", Minzy titled her chin up and walked past him.

 

 

"Anyway what business do you have here?" Young don asked the girls.

 

"Um....", Dara looked at the other three.

 

"Um...with oppas", Minzy answered hurriedly and the girls nodded in unision.

 

"Oh, ok well they're in the office", Young don escorted the girls to the office.

 

 

 

The girls tried to think of a reason why they came to the HQ. They hadn't thought this far in their plan.

 

 

Young don knocked on the door for them.

 

 

"Come in"

 

 

The girls peeped through the door one by one and slowly walked in.

 

 

The boys turned to the door and arched their brows when the girls who were clearly ordered for bed rest strolled into GD's office.

Dara looked up to see GD curiously looking at her and then her leg.  She stepped back and hid behind CL knowing full well he wasn't happy that she left the apartment.

 

 

"What are you doing here?", TOP slowly walked to them.

 

"Um....", Minzy mumbled trying to think of something.

 

 

"They said they had business with you boss" Young don answered for them.

 

Minzy shot death glares at him and then smiled back at her oppa.

 

 

"Well what is it?", TOP asked again.

 

"Um....", Minzy stepped back and nudged Bom to help her out.

 

 

Bom stepped up abit and looked at TOP, "Um..."

 

"Um what?!", TOP growled slightly impatiently.

 

"I missed you!", Bom squeaked nervously.

 

.

..

...

....

 

 

"Excuse me?", TOP furrowed his brows and crossed his arms across his chest.

 

Bom's eyes widened as the girls cursed under their breath, "I...we...WE missed you...so we came..."

 

TOP raised a brow and looked at her as if she was an alien.

 

 

"And...we....", Bom continued looking back at the girls, "came...to say....THANK YOU!"

 

Minzy banged her head on CL's shoulder repeatedly.

 

 

"hhehehe", Bom forced a smiled as the boys stared at her with blank expressions.

 

"For what?", TOP asked.

 

"hehe...thank you....for.....for...", Bom rolled her eyes around trying to think of something, "for...."FOR BEING THE COOLEST BOSSES EVER!"

 

 

The girls facepalmed themselves, why was Bom like this?!

 

 

The guys snickered behind TOP while TOP blinked slightly in confusion, "Yah, has the painkillers from last night not worn off yet?"

 

 

"neh?", Bom squeaked.

 

"You're acting like you're on drugs", TOP grumbled and went back to the table to continue reading his file.

 

 

Dara pulled the dazed Bom back towards them and reprimanded her quietly.

 

 

 

 

"Did you girls sleep ok last night?", Daesung stood up and walked towards Minzy.

 

Dara stole a quick glance at Jiyong but he was too busy with  work, she sighed with relief and nodded at Daesung.

 

"Really?", Daesung pretended to gasp, "It amazes me how you girls can sleep in the same apartment as Minzy."

 

Minzy rolled her eyes, "Here we go again."

 

 

Daesung ruffled her hair as Seungri walked up to them, "You girls must have heard her snore right?"

 

The girls shook their heads.

 

"What?!", Taeyang put his work down and walked to them, "When we were growing up, her snores were so loud it sounded like a lion was roaming around the house!"

 

"OPPA!", Minzy hit his arm.

 

 

"What?!", Taeyang joked " it's true, why do you think I chose the apartment furthest from yours?!"

 

"HWAHHHH!", Minzy gasped and turned to her other oppas who nodded for confirmation, "unniiesss", she wimpered and went to hug Bom.

 

"Aigoo, snoring isn't that bad", Bom laughed as she hugged Minzy, "You know Dara has a really funny sleeping habit too"

 

 

"YAH! Don't you dare!", Dara warned her.

 

 

"What is it?!", Minzy nudged Bom to tell her.

 

"Nothing is as bad as Minzy's snoring that's for sure", Seungri shook his head.

 

Minzy sent death glares at him and then turned back to Bom.

 

 

"Should \i tell them?", Bom winked at Dara, "It's so funny!"

 

"You do and I'll shave your eyebrows off while you're sleeping!", Dara muttered warningly.

 

 

"Well Dara in her sleep...", CL .

 

 

"YAH!", Dara wailed.

 

 

"Dara....", Bom giggled along with Minzy.

 

 

 

 

"sings in her sleep", GD said casually while not looking up from his computer screen.

 

 

As if in slow motion, every single one of their heads turned a millimetre a second towards GD, their eyes bulging out of their eye sockets as they slowly realised the only reason he would know that was if him and Dara had slept together.

 

Dara on the other hand stood there frozen, her jaw hit the floor unable to turn around and face Jiyong. Did he...did he just reveal that they were together last night? IS HE MAD?!

 

 

 

 

 

GD looked up for a split second and did a double take when he realised everyone of them gawking at him.

 

 

"What?", he shrugged, "She does."

 

 

 

They all snapped their heads back at Dara and then back at GD and then back at her again.

 

 

 

CL stepped forward slightly, still hanging open, "How....does he know you sing in your sleep?"

 

Dara cringed her face and hung her head low.

 

 

"OH.....MY.....GOD!", Minzy gasped.

 

Here came the drama queen.

 

"OPPA!", Minzy exclaimed.

 

GD looked up casually.

 

"HAVE YOU TWO......SLEPT TOGETHER?!!", Minzy shouted.

 

 

The boys looked back at GD, surely not...right.

 

 

"Yeah last night", was GD's simple and as always laid back answer.

 

 

"HWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!", Minzy and the girls shouted while Dara cursed wishing a hole would just appear under her and swallow her up.

 

"DUDEEE!", TOP stormed towards him and laughed, "DAEBAK!!"

 

 

"Is that where you were last night??!!", Bom and CL interrogated Dara who just shook her head trying hard not to make eye contact.

 

 

"WHEN??!! HOW??!!", Minzy shouted in shock.

 

GD furrowed his brows, "I think....around 3 in the morning."

 

 

Dara's eyes turned into saucers as she turned around and ran to GD to shut him up, "YAHHHH!"

 

 

GD leaned back slightly, "what?

 

Dara looked at him horrified, "How can you tell them?!!"

 

 

GD shrugged, not thinking it was a big deal, "What? We just slept together."

 

 

"OH MY GODDDDDDDD!", the girls screamed behind.

 

Dara whacked GD's arm, "You're making it sound like we....you know!"

 

"What?", GD looked at her again.

 

"Um....3 am....slept together??!", Dara pointed out, "You're making it sound like it was....was....you know....a booty call!!"

 

 

"A booty call?", GD raised a brow, "seriously?"

 

 

"BOOTY CALL?!", Daesung and Taeyang repeated.

 

"BOOTY CALL?!!", the girls exclaimed.

 

"BOOTY CALL?!!", TOP and Seungri shouted shaking eachother.

 

 

"NOOOOO!", Dara waved her hands in front of her frantically.

 

 

GD smirked slightly seeing her flustered, "I think you were singing oppa gangnam style", he said casually as he stood up.

 

Dara gawked at him. Had he not had enough embarassing her?!

 

"You need to work on your pitching a bit more though", GD placed his finger near his ear and scrunched his face slightly as if to say his ear hurt because of her and then left the room.

 

Once he left her, the room turned to chaos as she stood in the middle of the room in a daze while everyone else interrogated her about what happened.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mianheee", Bom and CL ran after Dara who limped away from the headquaters as fast as she could.

 

"HAHAHAhA WE'RE SORRY DARA AHAHAAH!", Bom laughed as she caught up with her.

 

 

Minzy walked a bit behind them and laughed watching Dara shout at the two girls.

 

 

"Ah, I nearly forgot!", Minzy remembered the files from before and took them out of her bag. She opened up TOP oppa's file and read where his dad was living right now. He was still in Seoul so it was possible to meet up with him. Minzy bit her lip wondering if TOP oppa would be willing to meet up with his dad.

 

She sighed and took the file for GD oppa's out and flipped it open, hoping the investigator had found out where GD oppa's parents were. Minzy read the file slowly, the investigator had only found GD's mum which Minzy already knew about. When her grandad had found GD oppa, he'd tried to find his parents as well but all he found out was that GD oppa's name Kwon Jiyong and that his mother had him out of marriage. Minzy read the file until she reached the last sentence. She gasped suddenly as she felt the life drain out of her body. Her face grew pale and she felt like she was going to be sick.

 

Bom turned back and noticed Minzy looking like she'd seen a ghost.

 

"Minzy?", Bom called out warily. Dara and CL turned around too now and noticed Minzy's shocked expression.

 

The girls warily walked towards her. 

 

Minzy looked up at them, as a tear fell from her eye, "...u..unnie....", she trembled and the file fell from her shaking hand to the floor.

 

 

 

"what's wrong Minzy?", Dara stepped forward slightly but stopped slightly when she saw GD approaching.

 

 

He furrowed his brows and picked up the file from the floor. Minzy turned to stop him but he opened the file before she could say anything and read the page.

 

 

"o...oppa..", Minzy stuttered as more tears fell down her eyes.

 

GD read the file and suddenly just like Minzy his face turned pale, he clenched his jaw and his eyes fluttered slightly. He scrunched the file in his hand and threw it on the floor before stepping on it and walking away.

 

 

Dara turned to look at GD's back as he walked away, she turned back around and her and the girls ran to Minzy. She picked up the file and read the contents and gasped in shock. She looked at Minzy who was crying in CL's arms.

 

 

"unnie....Ji oppa...", Minzy stuttered, "...his..his...omma died 2 months ago.."

 

CL sighed and tighened her embrace.

 

 

"..he's...never...never going to see her...", Minzy sobbed.

 

Dara looked at the file and then back at GD fading figure along the road.