Attacked.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

After school I wandered around town for a while, trying to clear my head.

 

“I want him back too!” Takeda said.

 

“But I thought you guys were enemies?”

 

He shook his head. “That’s mainly Yabuki- and Yabuki doesn’t even really hate him. He just says he does, but I know that Yabuki also cares about Odagiri deep down inside.”

 

“Yeah,“ I snorted. “Deep, deep, deeeeeep down inside.”

 

“You’ll help convince him to come back?” Takeda asked me, his eyes full of hope.

 

“I’ll try, but I can’t promise anything.” I glanced at the boy. “Can you keep a secret?”

 

A shadow passed through his face. “I’m the ultimate secret keeper.”

 

Seeing the look on his face made me hesitate.

 

I knew that within those words lay a secret of its own.

 

“He’s staying at my house. Here’s the address.”  I tore out a sheet of paper and scribbled it down. “And the number key to the lock is 91595. Go take care of him- he’s hurt. I’ll be home around 5:00 and cook dinner for y’all.”

 

“He’s at your house?”

 

“Yeah. I saved him from getting his killed. Now go and make sure he stays home. Don’t let him out no matter what!” I turned around and walked away, heading aimlessly down the street.

 

I swung my wrist up, looking at the time.

 

4:58.

 

I turned my head around, taking in my surroundings.

 

Crap.

 

While I was thinking off in la-la land, I had meandered a bit too far into Ara High’s territory.

 

I took off running in the direction I had come from, praying that I wouldn’t see any trouble on the way home. Just as I dashed across the intersection, someone yanked me into the shadows and threw me against the wall. Five faces peered down at me, snickering.

 

A pair of strong hands harshly pulled me to my feet and twisted them painfully behind me. Another hand covered my mouth, preventing me from calling for help. The third guy sneered at me while he drew his hand back and brought it forward, right into my stomach.

 

The hands behind me let go as I dropped to the floor, gagging.

 

Feet flew at me from all directions, leaving me helpless to defend myself. The best that I could do was curl up and hide my head.

 

“Well, what do we have here?”

 

High heels clicked on the floor as the person approached me, stooping beside my bruised body. The beating stopped.

 

I lifted my head warily, glaring at the girl.

 

“I heard that you were back, but I didn't believe it.” She placed her hand under my chin and forced it up. “You really are here. You have a lot of guts to come back after what had happened.” She dropped my chin and stood up.

 

“Do whatever you want with her,” she told her five chihuahuas. “Don’t tell my boyfriend that she’s here.”

 

“Your boyfriend?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m going out with my school’s leader,” she laughed.

 

These horrible Ara High kids.

 

Sparing one last glance for me, she smirked. “Consider this your warning, ________. Get out of my town.”

 

Her footsteps echoed as she left.

 

Pain shot through my body as I tried to stand.

 

The guys surrounded me, eyeing me up and down.

 

“She’s a keeper,” one barked, brushing his hand up my arm.

 

Another guy shoved him away. “I wanna go first!”

 

I’m in a freakishly deep load of crap.

 

I scrambled toward the exit, but they were faster. Just as my hand flew out into the street, one of the guys grabbed me back, throwing me on the floor.

 

He knelt beside me, running his hands through my hair. “Hey pretty lady, I don’t know why Harumi hates you so much… but it’s a good thing for us guys.”

 

“And besides, we have to obey her. Her boyfriend is our boss,” another guy piped in.

 

Darn that Kazuki, the prideful, annoying, arrogant leader of Ara High.I shoved the guys off me and got on my feet.

 

Biting my lip, trying to ignore the pain, I lurched toward the closest guy, slammed him into his friend, and, summoning my last bit of energy, I tore down the street.

 

My feet pounded on the gravel with footsteps echoing behind me. I twisted through the winding streets, finding my way to Kirogin territory.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” They whooped.

 

Panting and running on the remaining bit of stamina that I had, I was about to collapse.

 

“****!” I cursed, seeing the five guys still looping behind me.

 

I tore across a yard and jumped the fence. Taking advantage of being out of their sight for a moment, I skittered around the corner of the house and continued down and across the street. Doing the same thing a few times, I turned my head and found no sight of my pursuers.

 

Sighing in relief, I sagged against a fence and caught a glimpse of my apartment. After checking in all directions, I skirted around several houses and made a mad sprint to the door.

 

Punching in the numbers, I slammed the door behind me, dropping down onto my wooden floor in exhaustion.

 

"Did you really think you could run from us?" One of my pursuers cracked with laughter. 

 

I looked around the room. What's going on? I was back in the deserted alleyway, surrounded by the freaks. 

 

"Caught you," they sang as they surrounded me. 

 

I tried to shove past them, but they blocked me, laughing like hyenas. 

 

I whimpered as an arm reached out and grabbed me. 

 

Their face swirled around me as I slowly out.