It's FINALLY AN UPDATE!

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

ODAGIRI’S POV

 

After Kikwang’s shocking confession, my mind was completely blank. Why does it seem that ________ has a bunch of tough guys surrounding her? –Tough guys who know how to kick , I might add.

 

I agreed to update Kikwang if I received any news from ________’s Grandfather and Sho, and Kikwang promised that him and his men were on standby if we needed them.

 

Arriving back at the dark apartment, I was grateful for the late-night stroll. It helped calm my half-pissed, half-nervous nerves and definitely cleared my muddled head. At such a critical time like this, ________ needed me to be sturdy and reliable, not freaking out because of what I know is about to unfold.

 

Though to me Kazuki was an abomination, I have to admit that he brought ________ and I closer together. I’m worried about Harumi, her being ________’s tormentor and my ex-girlfriend and all. How much can we really trust her?

 

And…

 

I whipped out my phone and dialed Sho’s number.

 

“Sho!”

 

Hey Odagiri. What’s up?

 

“I was just thinking about the crazy crapload of stuff that’s happened in the last few days and I realized… Aren’t Harumi and Kazuki reunited right now?”

 

She saw him earlier and walked right past him without a word. It seems like she really hates him. We can’t really tell his reaction since he’s still tied up, but hopefully their connection had been severed without repair. We’re trying to keep their interaction at a minimum right now.”

 

“All right. I just called because that popped into my head.”

 

Thanks bro. Call me anytime if you need something. Oh, and I guess you should know this. Earlier Kazuki suddenly kicked one of our guys and dashed off. I caught him though before he got far. He won’t get away again.

 

“Aight. Thanks.”

 

I placed my cell phone back into my pocket with a sigh. Harumi and Kazuki were in the same house together. For some reason, I have a really bad feeling about this.

 

Oh well. I’ll leave that situation up to Sho. For now, ________ was all I needed to focus on.

 

Her room was still, exactly the way I left it. I slowly approached her bed and climbed in, wrapping my arms around her, praying that she would be all right in the end. This battle wasn’t going to be easy.

 

Kyosodan Group. From the snidbits of conversation between Sho and his grandfather, this group sounds like they’re not to be joked with.

 

And according to Kazuki, there are 7 days left until something big is going to happen. Whether that date has changed since his capture or if it has something to do with the dreadful Kyosodan Group, I don’t know.

 

There are so many things I don’t know.

 

I don't know why _______ dates a useless guy like me. I don’t know how many times I’ve doubted myself already like this. I don’t know how I’m going to protect ________. I don’t know what my dad’s going to do when he finds out about me attending school again. I don't know how much longer I have to live, after all, I could die tomorrow or I could live until I’m 100. I don’t know.

 

I stared at my girlfriend’s face as slivers of moonlight shone gently down upon her.

 

How many more days of peace will we have together?

 

She tells me she loves me, and I know that she means it, but will her heart ever sway away from me? She has all of those guys around her that are much more interesting than me. Will a day come when I becoming boring?

 

Seiji, Ren, Kikwang, Hiro… I know for a fact that they all love her. Maybe not Hiro, since they met not too long ago, maybe not love, but he definitely likes her.

 

My grip tightened around her waist.

 

She stirred and opened her eyes. “Odagiri Ryu?”

 

“Hey,” I whispered, “go back to sleep. Sorry for waking you.”

 

“It’s okay. I wanted to spend some more time with you anyways,” she smiled at me. Her smile quickly turned into a frown. “Yah, why are you crying?” Her hand reached up and gently glided against my cheek.

 

“Nothing. I was just thinking about things.” That wasn’t a completely lie.

 

“Whatever. Tell me,” she rolled on her side and propped herself up on her elbow.

 

“You have enough on your plate. It’s okay, I’m fine,” I tried to reassure her and failed. She could see right through me.

 

“Tell me. Don’t make me sing SNSD’s song,” she snuggled closer and I sat up, placing my chin on her head.

 

“You really wanna know?” I eyed her doubtfully. Maybe I’m already becoming boring.

 

“Yeah,” she nodded, her eyes gentle and caring.

 

Blowing out a deep breath, I closed my eyes. “I’m worried that I’m a bad boyfriend. I’m worried that I’ll becoming boring and that some other guy around you will be more interesting than I am. I’m worried about our future. I’m worried about what’s going on with the Kyosodan Group. I’m worried about your health. I’m worried that-“

 

She cut me off by placing her lips against mine. “You pabo,” she murmured when she pulled back. “I’m pretty sure we’ve had this conversation before, but I’ll say it again. I love you and only you. YOU. Y-O-U. You’ll never be boring for me. Other guys will never be more interesting to me than you. You’re my number one. Do you think you’re the only one who’s worried about our future? I’m worried too. I’m worried that one day you’ll find someone new and attractive, and that you’ll leave me behind. And I’m worried about what’s going on with the Kyosodan Group as well, but I’m not letting that stop me. We have to wait for Grandfather’s orders, and the wait is killing me. There are 7 days left until Kazuki’s threat occurs, but I’m still living my life the way I want to. I want you to be healthy. I want us to last forever.”

 

“I’ll never leave you,” I let out a short breath. This really feels like DéjàVu. Even if it is, and no matter how many times ________ tells me, I’ll always have this tiny voice inside myself telling me that I’m not good enough for such an amazing girl. I’ll just have to learn how to control and successfully ignore that annoying fly. “I want us to last forever too.”

 

“We’re going to school tomorrow,” _______ grinned. “I wonder what’s gonna be new? Those dorks are always up to no good,” she changed the subject to a lighter topic, both of us feeling momentarily at peace with our promises.

 

“Today they were behaving quite well,” I mused. “And usually that means something big is about to go down.”

 

“Guess we’ll have to find out tomorrow then, huh?” Her laughter was like a pain reliever to my soul. 

 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~

I just remembered I had saved some of the chapters that I'd typed onto a flashdrive :D

So here's this chapter! 

Yay!